The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

(SEO Fastlane) Would this be helpful to you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RogueInnovation

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Jul 28, 2013
I "liked" your intro post, however it is pretty clear after reading a few more what your intentions are/were. This forum is really high quality and self hype sticks out like a sore thumb.

Actually, the guy is very understanding and helpful, I think you are being unfair and spoiling an opportunity for other guys to learn because of your initial reservations.
Don't be so quick to judge.

He seems like a really genuine guy, please don't be a dick to him. It takes a while to get an actual understanding of people around here, and due to the value he can offer, go easy on him and let him give.

I'll say it a third time, he seems like a really good guy. And he is providing value which is exactly what should be encouraged.

Sent you some rep spaxton. That wasn't sent because I was persuaded by his "hype", but because I actually believe in the guy.
I'd love to see a seo progress post, even if its just notes, but thats up to spaxton, and other posters and if they can deal with his giving attitude without getting unduly alarmed.

And one more time, he's a cool guy.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

SerpKing

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
205%
Jun 6, 2013
Actually, the guy is very understanding and helpful, I think you are being unfair and spoiling an opportunity for other guys to learn because of your initial reservations.
Don't be so quick to judge.

He seems like a really genuine guy, please don't be a dick to him. It takes a while to get an actual understanding of people around here, and due to the value he can offer, go easy on him and let him give.

I'll say it a third time, he seems like a really good guy. And he is providing value which is exactly what should be encouraged.

Sent you some rep spaxton. That wasn't sent because I was persuaded by his "hype", but because I actually believe in the guy.
I'd love to see a seo progress post, even if its just notes, but thats up to spaxton, and other posters and if they can deal with his giving attitude without getting unduly alarmed.

And one more time, he's a cool guy.

....Sold! Spaxton you have one guy willing to buy some backlinks off of you.

@RogueInnovation you're drinking the koolaid.

SEO is a complete theory, it isn't a hardened in stone thing. There aren't "secrets". And it damn well shouldn't be anyone's sole business strategy.

The magic formula to SEO is links + authority = ranking, period. You can take this formula and run with it, do whatever to fit your business strategy but that is the 100% guaranteed formula to SEO. Natural, unnatural, kind of natural, links + authority = ranking, period. Everything else is just hypey mental masturbation and gurus selling koolaid.

Things to avoid: If you buy public pr link packages you will sooner or later get canned, if you blast your site with spammy links you will sooner or later get canned, if you use too much anchor text you will sooner or later get canned. ignore google propaganda and stay off of the warriorforum.

It would be easy for Spaxton (or anyone) to put up a progress thread and rank a site. Set up a site and point some PR links from his network, very easy.

90% of people don't realize how easy it is because they're too lazy/afraid to go try something and too busy buying shit off of gurus.

A Youtube video would be even easier. Go ahead and film a youtube video, include your main KW in the title, buy a few thousand views and then blast it with a few hundred paid high pr links. It will be on the first page in no time.

links + authority = ranking, period. Everything else is just hype

Edit: for the record im not against selling seo services, links, consulting, w.e. In a gold rush sell shovels right? Just annoying to see it on here disguised as genuine help.

Last edited:

Gsuz

If you want the crown, you gotta take it
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
242%
Jul 3, 2012
Yep, I'm full of BS.

Controlling Google is a matter of understanding how algos work. Algos are nothing more than a math equation. If you want to control a math equation its a matter of understanding the equation. Master this and you master the serps.

I appreciate that you take time out of your day to post on this forum. But let's keep it real. You can't control Google, otherwise you would be worth billions by now. You can make more or less educated guesses about what might work by extensive testing. But don't tell me it's a matter of understanding algos.

RogueInnovation

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Jul 28, 2013
....Sold! Spaxton you have one guy willing to buy some backlinks off of you.
@RogueInnovation you're drinking the koolaid.

Ahem...

Not exactly. I just would like to see his progress thread and see his unique angle and style. What I've seen from him so far I've liked. I'm not a SEO kinda guy, but I can tell his thread would tell me a lot of things I might not ever know because I probably won't spend a lot of time there.

I don't get why you have to speak over the guy. If he sells it in the thread (which he said he isn't going to do on the forum) then you can give him flack and it'd be helpful, but prejudging because you think it won't provide value for everyone is just putting your words in other guys mouths for them because you've studied seo.

I'm happy to hear what both of you guys have to say on seo, and I'm happy to ask my mentor after and have a chat about. There is no coolaid drinking here, I just actually checked the guy out, and find his contributions really very helpful.

Maybe I look like a coolaid guy cuz I don't have experience with SEO, but I can assure you I do diligence on everything regarding my business, so if he does present something that I simply must jump on or whatever, that I'll actually just do a lot of homework.

Since I've stated I'm willing to do homework if such a thing arises, that leaves just two guys different opinions on SEO, one guy offering it, and the other guy not. I'd like to hear what he has to say, and I'm not gonna act all suspicious and ask for his soul in exchange for a little support.

I don't see why you can't just fairly evaluate it based on the context that happens to be created after he has his say. Are seo guys really that threatening? (maybe they are, I usually don't respond to them when they spam my email box) But hey, this guy, he has character, I'd like to see what he has got to say., no coolaid required, just two ears, a brain, and a healthy "lets hear it" attitude.

Its no biggy. I don't feel threatened by the guy, he's shown me otherwise so far.

spaxton1

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
625%
Feb 22, 2014
Hey SerpKing Know when to Shut-up! Trolling is so "sidewalk."

I already know your kind. You look for SEO shortcuts and claim to be an expert. Don't think your macho attitude and "I know All" mentality is going to fly around me. I have nothing against you, but you clearly do against me. Get your butt off the sidewalk and stop this lame trolling. It ads absolutely no value and is a waste.

I "liked" your intro post, however it is pretty clear after reading a few more what your intentions are/were. This forum is really high quality and self hype sticks out like a sore thumb.
You're right, my intentions when coming to this forum were made clear:
1) To Help People
2) To Network with other successful people.

Please share with me which one of my posts are self hype, because I have no clue what you're talking about.

My Threads: (Found here: https://www.thefastlaneforum.com/community/search/281918/)
I lost 70 Thousand in Advertising
This Post is Going to PISS you Off!
You Might Be a "Slowlaner" if...
These 9 Magic Words Will Help you Sell More, guaranteed.
Wait!... Miss this 1 thing; and you'll lose 50%

Let me get this straight... You call yourself "SERP King" and the ONLY post you've created is this one:
Introduction + Thoughts on E-Commerce and SEO >> pretty self hypey.
Please show us... where have you provided value on this forum?

I consider myself an "expert" on seo, so I felt the need to jump in before anyone followed blindly. There are numerous ques in your OP, nobody is witch hunting: you're selling, period.
So you claim to be an SEO expert but offer terrible advice. Your SEO advice is stuck on the sidewalk. Let me prove it:

SerpKing's advice from 1 month ago: https://www.thefastlaneforum.com/co...esources-tips-tricks-information.48088/page-6

Its a bunch of BS garbage about using shortcuts to rank.
1) Buy an aged High PR domain, relevant if possible, or you can even just buy a new domain (I use prpowershot mostly to source PR domains up for auction). Lets say you buy creatinehclcapsules.com
First there's 2 problems here:
1) Prpowershot, seriously?? ... this speaks volumes.
2) Your domain suggestion violates googles new EMD update which targets Exact Match Domains.

2) Set it up on wordpress, Title something like: "Rocky Creatine HCL" add content, pics, youtube video, standard stuff (Note: it's a good idea to drive leads to your amazon listing or collect emails on this site while building it)

Oops, looks like someone forgot about the HummingBird Update. Please DON'T just stick exact keywords in titles like that.

3) Wait for it to index, then start hitting it with mass high PR links (keep it drip fed at no more than 50/day if possible - use anchor text like Creatine HCl, Rocky Creatine HCL, Creatine, Random, Click Here, Etc). These type of link buys can be found on any forum marketplace, wickedfire is the least cluttered IMO, there are some good sellers on there still. The more PR links, the better, buy from a couple of sources/networks to keep some diversity.

Spam links, really? PLEASE don't run out and buy links like that. Its 2014 now and this crap is so outdated. Terrible advice!

4) Here's the thing, this old school method of ranking a site still absolutely works in the short term. The thing is that every couple of months google rolls out an update and kills a lot of these sites, that's not the plan here.

Your right, that advice is about 2 years out of date. Its Short-term (shortcut) end of story. Not really fastlane at all.

ANYONE can rank a parasite page -- that doesn't take much skill.

--------------------

Based on your post, you are far from an "SEO Expert." ... see, I can be a jerk too. Your comments have been a colosso waste of time and provide no value. My advice to you would be to stop taking SEO Shortcuts and your business will thrive.

I'm NOT selling links, so get over yourself. Seriously, you're beyond annoying and can't seem to get past your "Sidewalk" mindset.

Last edited by a moderator:

SerpKing

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
205%
Jun 6, 2013
Hey SerpKing Know when to Shut-up! Trolling is so "sidewalk."

I already know your kind. You look for SEO shortcuts and claim to be an expert. Don't think your macho attitude and "I know All" mentality is going to fly around me. I have nothing against you, but you clearly do against me. Get your butt off the sidewalk and stop this lame trolling. It ads absolutely no value and is a waste.

You're right, my intentions when coming to this forum were made clear:
1) To Help People
2) To Network with other successful people.

Please share with me which one of my posts are self hype, because I have no clue what you're talking about.

My Threads: (Found here: https://www.thefastlaneforum.com/community/search/281918/)
I lost 70 Thousand in Advertising
This Post is Going to PISS you Off!
You Might Be a "Slowlaner" if...
These 9 Magic Words Will Help you Sell More, guaranteed.
Wait!... Miss this 1 thing; and you'll lose 50%
Let me get this straight... You call yourself "SERP King" and the ONLY post you've created is this one:
Introduction + Thoughts on E-Commerce and SEO >> pretty self hypey.
Please show us... where have you provided value on this forum?

So you claim to be an SEO expert but offer terrible advice. Your SEO advice is stuck on the sidewalk. Let me prove it:

SerpKing's advice from 1 month ago: https://www.thefastlaneforum.com/co...esources-tips-tricks-information.48088/page-6

Its a bunch of BS garbage about using shortcuts to rank.

First there's 2 problems here:
1) Prpowershot, seriously?? ... this speaks volumes.
2) Your domain suggestion violates googles new EMD update which targets Exact Match Domains.

Oops, looks like someone forgot about the HummingBird Update. Please DON'T just stick exact keywords in titles like that.

Spam links, really? PLEASE don't run out and buy links like that. Its 2014 now and this crap is so outdated. Terrible advice!

Your right, that advice is about 2 years out of date. Its Short-term (shortcut) end of story. Not really fastlane at all.

ANYONE can rank a parasite page -- that doesn't take much skill.

--------------------

Based on your post, you are far from an "SEO Expert." ... see, I can be a jerk too. Your comments have been a colosso waste of time and provide no value. My advice to you would be to stop taking SEO Shortcuts and your business will thrive.

I'm NOT selling links, so get over yourself. Seriously, you're beyond annoying and can't seem to get past your "Sidewalk" mindset.

OMG - lol.

- The technique that I shared on the INSIDERS forum is just a technique/trick, I wrote a disclaimer that it was just a trick (it was in a tip + tricks thread). It absolutely IS a shortcut/technique and it works SOLID for Amazon products (Real products, I know this may be foreign territory for you). Anyone on the inside can check out the thread and confirm that you chopped up the posts and re-applied them to a different subject altogether. Did you even read the post? No you just pulled it way out of context and manipulated it.

Do you have a six figure amazon business? No, you're a guru that sells mental masturbation and links. You wouldn't know anything about 301's and product listings that leverage domain authority. You wouldn't know because it requires real work and trial+error.

- Hummingbird = more Google hype, ignore. (Gurus like you take this stuff and create e-books about how to "solve" a problem that doesn't exist - Guru 101). PS: I didn't even know about this "update" until months after it happened - too busy building real shit to read the warriorforum!

- My Intro thread = genuine actionable advice based on real experience (not mental masturbation). Do you do 7 figures per year selling real physical products?

- EMD, exact match domain = more misleading google hype. More BS that gurus latch onto to sell garbage. EVERY domain is an EMD, think about it. More hype guru stuff. thisisanemd.com is still an EMD. thatisanemd12.com is still an EMD, every domain that exists is an EMD.

I'll leave it at that. Those who want to drink the koolaid have been warned anyway.

Your presentation here is polished because you're a guru, it's what you do. But anyone that's been around will see through that.

I don't "know it all" not even close. I'm not good at PPC and not the best at writing copy, I have a lot to learn and hire great people to make up for what I don't know. However I do know SEO inside out and your OP is full of red flags.

This isn't a personal attack, I just think it's lame to come on here and try to build a following so you can take advantage of entrepreneurs who don't understand the simplicity of SEO and sell them something (service/coaching/links/whatever - it's coming!). Lame stuff. If I have to respond to you again I'm invoicing you

Last edited by a moderator:

spaxton1

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
625%
Feb 22, 2014
@SerpKing I think you need a hug, so here it is o_O I'll leave it at that. (No hard feelings, I get why you are so aggressive; but its without merit)

spaxton1

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
625%
Feb 22, 2014
Expanding on my thoughts about a SEO progress thread.

I'm actually not looking to focus on rankings and linking. Sure, that's a part of it. But what I'm thinking about doing is walking through the steps of growing from a business concept to implementation. Most people doing SEO get hungup on the rankings and fail to create a real business model.

SEO has such a negative and nasty reputation (as you can see from some of the replies). Sure, its earned every ounce of that reputation too. But, it doesn't have to be like that. You can built up a legitimate business and create brands that work together to get from site concept to fastlane.

Instead of looking at just rankings I'd rather focus on systems, proceedures, and revenue. There's a big difference between just ranking a site VS building up a fastlane business model. Can I take $10,000 and turn it into $500,000? How long will it take and what steps would be required. Anyway, this is kind of my thought process about this type of thread. I'd welcome any suggestions or responses as to what you would like to see.

I think realistically we could create a million dollar business in maybe 6 to 9 months. It won't be some overnight SEO hack to rank and tank; instead it will be a thought out business model that can be replicated and repeated by the community. Thoughts??

brob742

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
165%
Jan 18, 2012
Albuquerque, NM

I think a progress thread would be good. You toned down the sales rhetoric in this post and cut out all the salesy copy which allowed me to put my guard down.

While I find a lot of value in your posts, I just don't like to feel that I'm being sold to (even if you aren't selling...yet) :)

Cruor Vult

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
140%
Feb 18, 2014
I think realistically we could create a million dollar business in maybe 6 to 9 months. It won't be some overnight SEO hack to rank and tank; instead it will be a thought out business model that can be replicated and repeated by the community. Thoughts??

Ambitious stuff. I like it. Almost no matter what your MFL method is, some degree of SEO knowledge will be useful.

I think what rubbed some people the wrong way in this thread is your copy-like tone, which gets alarm bells ringing for a lot of us. I imagine you write a lot of sales copy, and it comes through in all your writing. I suggest you go for a more sober, transparent style in the progress thread, if and when it sees the light of day. Just a thought :)
Thread watched.

KLaw

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
Aug 4, 2012
ohio
Expanding on my thit progressesughts about a SEO progress thread.

I'm actually not looking to focus on rankings and linking. Sure, that's a part of it. But what I'm thinking about doing is walking through the steps of growing from a business concept to implementation. Most people doing SEO get hungup on the rankings and fail to create a real business model.

SEO has such a negative and nasty reputation (as you can see from some of the replies). Sure, its earned every ounce of that reputation too. But, it doesn't have to be like that. You can built up a legitimate business and create brands that work together to get from site concept to fastlane.

Instead of looking at just rankings I'd rather focus on systems, proceedures, and revenue. There's a big difference between just ranking a site VS building up a fastlane business model. Can I take $10,000 and turn it into $500,000? How long will it take and what steps would be required. Anyway, this is kind of my thought process about this type of thread. I'd welcome any suggestions or responses as to what you would like to see.

I think this would be a great approach. Don't know why you are catching so much grief. You seem solid to me. Start a progress thread - it looks like you've got enough of us interested. If start selling and I don't like it then I will simply not watch the thread. What are you waiting for? Start it. Thanks for providing value.

This sounds like a great progress thread. Just start it and lets see how it progresses. It seems like you've generated enough interest from the forum that want to see you start it. What are you waiting for - start it already. I dont understand all of the negative responses. You seem solid to me. If you start selling or generalizing too much I would just quit watching/ participating in thread.
I appreciate and thank you for the value and your time. Lets get started.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
Hey everyone, especially those with SEO knowledge. If someone said to me that they could increase my conversions by 50%, I would not say bullshit, that's impossible and then walkaway. How are you going to learn new things that way? I would listen, analyze, ask questions and then decide MY course of action.

You may not believe his claim based on your knowledge and you may think you know more than him. But I for one would like to see his SEO thread and I think you all should too. Then if you have any questions or points to debate, you can bring them up then. Why jump on him right now? You can't debate claims, you can only debate the validity of his SEO process and theories.

Disclaimer: If he were using this thread to collect PMs and then selling something in the PMs, then I'd say it's fair game to call him out now.

Jonleehacker

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
Oct 31, 2007
Edmonton, Canada
I think your original post was kind of begging for the trolling and criticism that this thread has devolved into.

I have no skin in the game either way, but when I read your title and original post, I thought, "either start a thread to help others with their SEO, or don't" but this, "I'll only do it if enough people beg me" stuff, it sends out a mixed message... and lo and behold, you got a mixed response.

cjs

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Nov 15, 2013
I'll bite, but only if content is provided. I'd like to hear what knowledge you have.

IceCreamKid

With Great Power Comes Great Electricity Bill
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
2,185%
Jun 8, 2010
California
I actually like some of the OP's posts that he's been putting out on the forum. I'm open to hearing whatever he has to say.

The reason why there has been so much negative response is because a lot of his posts has a very sales-ish vibe. It also weirds many out that he appears to be trying too hard to stack up rep bank by literally asking people to like+transfer rep bank+follow him.

When you have a bunch of rep bank, people automatically view you as an authority figure and they tend to blindly follow you. I remember a few months back, JackEdwards jokingly said that he was starting an MLM...people actually started inquiring about how they can join. WTF haha. There isn't any proof to show that the OP is selling anything though.

Let the OP speak his mind, consider what he has to say, and draw your conclusions from there. You have to at least keep an open mind to anything if you wish to grow.

spaxton1

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
625%
Feb 22, 2014
I'm not going to lie. This thread has pushed me closer to not doing a progress thread. My life is busy enough without all the drama. I'm not here trying to prove anything to anyone, in sincerity I was seeing if this type of a thread would be helpful or not. Based on the responses there is some interest, but there also plenty who want to create drama. People insist on jumping to conclusions that are completely false. WTF!

I definetly don't need the drama. I'm well beyond that stage in my life.

There's little upside to me for dedicating time to a progress thread. The only small advantage would be to hold me accountable to push myself further faster. Other than that, why? So I can argue with a few people who insist on trying to discredit me or who are SO worried about being tricked into buying something. Pfft, please.

I do appreciate the feedback from everyone. As for my writing style-- yes, I get it. Sometimes its a bit over the top, but that' s just how I write. I can pick out a few people on this forum that have very unique styles too. If you hate my style ignore it and move on. Also, for those wondering about the reputation thing-- I actually challenged myself to get to $2000. The plan was simple; try to provide content that is helpful and eventually you will hit the goal. Don't fault me because I'm ambitious and goal oriented-- its just who I am.

I'm a lover, not a hater. Today you guys knocked the wind out of me... but I'm a big boy. I'll pick up the pieces and move on. But please, let's tone down the drama. uhhhg.

RogueInnovation

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Jul 28, 2013
You are going to involve a biz model too? That sounds pretty sweet actually.
Sometimes, you just have to do it, and on the other hand sometimes you need a little help to "think out" a big project, and test the water. I dunno, if you feel you can manage the risk, and that you'll get feedback that is helpful and speeds your progress, then I think it is a win win.

Everything has positives and negatives, and really you just need to ask yourself what you think, or what your goals are, and if you believe it can be done to the standard you want then commit to it or a small portion of it (or altered plan). Its a tough crowd, but, there are a lot of decent guys here, and I think if awkward stuff gets swept out of the way, they are totally capable of giving a robust response.

Its not 100%, but its better than a coin flip, so it comes down to your goals, and how you can frame it. Either way, I know you'll post some good stuff, so I 100% understand if you want to rule out any potential drama.

cashis

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
130%
Feb 22, 2014
I thought, "either start a thread to help others with their SEO, or don't" but this, "I'll only do it if enough people beg me" stuff, it sends out a mixed message... and lo and behold, you got a mixed response.

Since I joined this forum I learned that it's very important to gauge people's interest in something before you waste time and/or money on it, and that's exactly what he is doing. He didn't ask anybody to "beg", he just asked if there's any interest before he put in his time to open the thread.

Come on guys, what the hell? Why are you so quick to jump to conclusions? Innocent until proven otherwise! In other words, until he posts a link to a product saying "BUY THIS NOW!!1", he is just someone with a lot of experience willing to share his knowledge, and some of you are giving him shit.

I've read almost every post Spaxton has made, and he really does provide value and helpful information. I personally would listen closely to whatever he has to say and share. So yes, I am also interested in a progress thread! I honestly hope you do decide to open one, but after seeing some responses here, I understand if you don't and wouldn't blame you one bit.

Genester

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
73%
Jun 23, 2013
Jeez I don't understand why you guys had to go out and start attacking the guy. If he can do what he says he can do and has some insight he can share with all of us then let him do it.

Serpking, you obviously don't know who this man is or what he is capable of. As he stated above, he has provided value to this forum numerous times, you not so much so I don't really get where you get off putting him down on anything. Contribute a little more to the forum and then maybe you can put people down since you seem to enjoy doing so.

I'm in Scott, would love to see what you had in mind.

Thanks.

JackWood

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Jan 27, 2014
I'd love to hear what you say, then i'll draw my conclusions on the validity of what you have to say. Not the other way around. If everyone attacks before giving the opportunity to prove themselves then this community with become a sad sad place.

tafy

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Aug 21, 2013
UK
I would be interested definitely. I would like to know how to rank a small business website to the first page instead of a listing site

Example Search: hotels in Kansas City
Results: A load of sites that lists all of the hotels

How could you rank a hotel website (1 hotel) above the list and commission sites that lists all of the hotels. I hope that makes sense.

NickT41

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
113%
Dec 4, 2013
SPaxton1 has written some valuable content so far, so I'll refrain from judging him. He's provided a lot more content than I. If he does turn out to be a flake, then at least we can all could learn from his damn-good copy.

brob742

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
165%
Jan 18, 2012
Albuquerque, NM
at least we can all could learn from his damn-good copy.

"Copywriting is writing copy for the purpose of advertising or marketing. The copy is meant to persuade someone to buy a product, or influence their beliefs."

Unless you are doing a thread on how to write effective copy, leave the copywriting for your sales pages not the forum. I have seen posts where you leave the sales copy out, so I know it's not just your "writing style".
No one wants to feel like they are being sold to. @IceCreamKid writes fantastic copy without the need of injecting it into his posts and doesn't need validation or likes or rep bank for providing value to the community. He simply receives it because it's blatantly obvious that it's selfless with nothing expected in return (except taking action and getting the ice cream).

Provide value through your contributions and expect/ask nothing in return. That's kind of how the big-hitters roll around here (I'm not one of them...yet). And they get a lot of respect for it.
You're on a business forum where most people want to start online businesses. Do you really need validation from people that would want to see your progress thread of building a business model around SEO and taking it to 1M+ in less than a year?

So, the drama was created by your approach and your copy, in my opinion. It didn't come across as selfless.

I think you have a lot to offer and that I'll learn a ton from you. I'm really excited to follow the thread if you go through with it.

Would you do it on the outside forums or for the INSIDERS? Action threads usually occur on the inside.

Last edited:

Built4Greatness

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
58%
Dec 25, 2013
I'm newer to the forum and I joined because this is based on my favorite book and a lifestyle. I might be newer to the forum but not new to business. I want to hear what he has to say and see what he does to make this work.What he will do will provide The ultimate value. Of course he is a salesman, we all are. How do you create a successful businesses without selling skills. I'm sure people like myself are smart enough not to buy anything we don't want/need (I am here to learn, interact, share experiences with other fastlaners, not to open my account) it's obvious He gets the point. He knew what type of forum this was before he got here. It's obvious most people want to see this. This is what we have been waiting for; see a million dollar fastlane business created from starch no matter how he does there is something to take from it. If you have created a million dollar fastlane business then you can see how someone does it differently. If you have a 6 figure business maybe it will help you reach a million. If you have a 5 figure business maybe it will help push you over the top. We knows. Either way I want to see this happen!!

I know people want to protect this forum (there aren't many left like it). I read that someone was joking about starting a MLM business and people jumped on the band wagon (Which directly goes against the fastlane rules).I won't be one of them and can think for myself. Le'ts do this!! I will be watching and participating.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
I'm not going to lie. This thread has pushed me closer to not doing a progress thread. My life is busy enough without all the drama. I'm not here trying to prove anything to anyone, in sincerity I was seeing if this type of a thread would be helpful or not. Based on the responses there is some interest, but there also plenty who want to create drama. People insist on jumping to conclusions that are completely false. WTF!

You should do the progress thread because you want to. Just like the open market, if the progress thread is good, people will read it and comment. I don't think there's a need to ask people first. If you are doing this to help people, then one person reading your progress thread would be enough. Why does there need to be a certain amount of interest first? You already know that the thread would be helpful. How would it not be?

McCoyH

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Jul 28, 2013
Iowa
I'd be interested in a lesson on affiliate traffic or media buys...

GravyBoat

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
Nov 25, 2013
San Diego
He's doing a FREE progress thread guys, not sure why all the hate.

I'll read it, sub, maybe even comment if I feel like I can add value to the conversation.

For now, I'd love to see it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads