The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Selling on Land Contract?

Ausable

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Nov 12, 2007
Des Moines
Now that credit markets have tightened up. It would seem like a good time to start selling SFH's on land contract, instead of outright with the buyer using conventional mortgage financing (which they might not be able to get).
I know a bit about the general details of selling on land contract, from talking with my lawyer. So I was wondering if anyone around here has some experience/insight on selling by land contract.

Thanks

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

hakrjak

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
7%
Sep 15, 2007
Colorado Springs
I sold my 80 acre Wyoming Ranch on a land contract. It's great for me as the seller, because if my buyer ever misses payments, etc -- I can just void the contract and sell it to someone else. Almost zero risk on a raw land deal, but with an SFH your risk would be that you have to repo the home and it's been trashed, or gutted, etc. Your mortgage company may require that you maintain insurance in your name, since you'll still be the person named on the loan. Little things like that have to be worked out when dealing with an SFR, but on a land deal it's pretty straight forward.

Cheers,

- Carl

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.