The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Selling advertising to large Companies

User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Aug 29, 2012
I am new to the forum so I am still trying to figure out where I would share my business idea (any help:confused:). But what brought me here today is to ask if anyone has any ideas on how to distribute a new advertising platform. I am working on an app that gives away product from large companys in return for customers participation in the app. The app will collect the customers data and return it to the client for a fee. I have most of my development plan, and app marketing plan in place. Now I am trying to figure out a marketing plan that would get larger companies interested in using my product for info and advertising. A friend of mine (we call the waffle King) said that most of his distribution for his food product is done through "brokers" that work for a commission. Has anyone heard of any advertising companies that would act like a "broker" and work for a commission? Any other thoughts or ideas would also be extremely helpful. Please keep in mind, I cannot launch my free app until I have this advertising lined up on the day of launch and our budget after development is starting to get small. Thanks for reading.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

bernieshawn

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 14, 2011
I have the exact same question.

I'm thinking about launching an advertising product so I will need to get advertisers on board, of course.

Although, I think the answer is "find marketing contacts at large companies, email/call them, and sell ads to them". That or go through ad agencies?

Would love to hear from someone who has experience with this.

Vic

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
83%
Aug 3, 2012
A friend of mine (we call the waffle King) said that most of his distribution for his food product is done through "brokers" that work for a commission. Has anyone heard of any advertising companies that would act like a "broker" and work for a commission? Any other thoughts or ideas would also be extremely helpful. Please keep in mind, I cannot launch my free app until I have this advertising lined up on the day of launch and our budget after development is starting to get small. Thanks for reading.

Ad agencies work for a fee like this. You can propose what your app may do, but until you have any real results you probably won't get many to bite on your offer. If you are very confident that your app will bring in a certain ROI...then you can offer it on a performance fee only...meaning if it performs you pay, if it doesn't you don't. I would always include some type of bonus for yourself in a situation like this and make the contract scalable..if I get so many signups, you pay me $xx, if so many, then $xxx, etc...

User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Aug 29, 2012
I appreciate your response vik. And I'm glad you put it that way. If I could figure out the right contacts, I could pitch a plan that is performance based. I was thinking of offering a plan that would give the first 10,000 hits for free but only if they agreed to another 20000 hits if they liked the results. Even my regular pay structure is based on a "pay per performance schedule". I'm hoping that this idea will intregue new clients as well as motivate a sales force to move my media for a high commission rate. Where would I be able to find contacts for ad agencies that would have experience working with larger chains like kmart safeway jackin the box etc... Anybody have any good ideas?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.