The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Sell now after it doubled?

Anything related to investing, including crypto

tchandy

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
20%
Aug 16, 2007
Kansas, for now
I have a mutual fund, Dodge and Cox stock, I opened in 2003 for about $80 a share. Since then the fund had doubled to $165 and then slipped back to around $153. Would you sell now and reinvest into undervalued stocks or wait and let the fund weather the Wall Street storm. :nonod: Any opinions would be appreciated. Thanks.

Tom

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

DustinS

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
3%
Aug 11, 2007
If you think your mutual fund is going to continue to decline nothing is going to stop those undervalued stocks from declining some more as well if more bad news comes out :)

Besides it looks like you're getting 20% a year for at least the last 4 years which means the fund is pretty consistent. I would leave it alone unless you need the money or something, but thats just my opinion and I am a novice.

tchandy

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
20%
Aug 16, 2007
Kansas, for now
Thanks for the comments. I took about $5000 out when it was at $159 a few months ago before the market went into its recent frenzy. I looked at what the fund owns and there are a few stocks that have not performed as well as others that have performed well. I have a feeling the market will continue on its current path for at least the remainder of the year.

Tom

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.