The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

I am in a better spot now - after reading TMF in '14

Remove ads while supporting the Unscripted philosophy...become an INSIDER.

Drive2Riches

Bronze Contributor
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Jul 18, 2014
Washington
I knew things were going to change after reading the book. But I still don't feel like it's going fast enough for me.

However, I've been working my tail off and, if I allow myself to remember how shitty it was -- collections agencies, state aid, borrowing/getting money from family, gf paying more than me for rent and expenses, appealing for a cash gift from parents to be able to move out of a high-cost of living area into a rural cheap one, continuing to borrow even after that move -- THEN I realize, I'm not doing so badly right now.

That was in '15. So FF to '18...

I'm fixing my credit, paying bills on time, covering my entire rent. All because I focused on providing SUCS (surprisingly unexpected customer service) and providing a superior product -- no matter how inexpensive it is or how difficult or easy it is to produce. Margins rose when demands on my time rose. Customer reviews are a priority so I continue providing that same fantastic customer service.

Yeah. I forget. But I shouldn't.

My focus is on the daily grind in my freelance, inventing-a-job-for-yourself kind of work. But bills are paid and I'm discovering a new kind of stress. My old stress was one that bit me in the butt because of past failings or unfortunate circumstances. My new kind of stress is one where I'm planning for stuff, and I'm counting the pennies, and I'm also considering what my next steps are to move UP to the next level -- rather than constantly trying to avoid sliding down into a lower one.

When progress is made incrementally via a process, I don't necessarily realize how far I have come.

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
Bought most of your Freelance courses tonight with the Black Friday discount. I'll get started...
MARKETPLACE Fox Web School "Legend" Group Coaching Program 2020
It's taken a long time to write this but I wanted to be honest and real. I had to get it off my...
MARKETPLACE Grow Your Business With a Book (An Unorthodox Marketing Strategy That Built One of the Largest...
PS. what do you think about the idea of setting up live Busking experiences on Air BNB? I could...
FEATURED! Introducing... WEALTH EXPO$ED, A Short Story By MJ DeMarco
Hi Mj, I just bought it. And reading it. I think is a great idea to write using the stories to...
MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
Just got off the phone with @LightHouse. Having just a 45 minute conversation with him has...
MARKETPLACE Kill Bigger Incubator
@Kak Thanks for the reply. Whats interesting is that I have an idea that's been cooking which...

Forum Sponsor

sponsor

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom