The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Self Doubt?

Anything related to matters of the mind

HumBull1

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
May 30, 2008
OH
I'm a younger guy trying to "make it", and once in a while I question whether or not I can accomplish my goals. I always overcome these thoughts, but I always seem to have them through my journey. How can I overcome these thoughts? I often feel as though they motivate me more, but I feel like I'm wasting time even dealing with them. Anyone else have this experience? If so, how do you deal with them? Any responses or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Runum

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Aug 8, 2007
DFW, Texas
Sure man we all have had those doubts. Right now I would suggest clicking on the tag word cloud at the bottom of the main page on the word "motivation". There are a lot of stories there.

One way I like to talk to myself to help is to think "Others are doing this successfully so why not me?" Good luck.

I85

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Mar 22, 2008
Iowa
Can you break your goals down even more? That way you will maybe start to see more progress, which should help you believe in yourself as well as motivate you even more.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Runum

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Aug 8, 2007
DFW, Texas
It's me again. First of all, knock of the sir stuff. It's Mr. Old Fart to you.:rofl:

Here's the deal, I read your thread about wanting to be a lawyer and that's cool. However, many of the posters asked you questions that you failed to answer. Then you post here about having self doubts.

You really sound confused and unsure of yourself. I figure you're about 18, correct? It's natural to be unsure of yourself at your age. I would go back to those questions that were posed to you on that lawyer thread. Exactly why do you want to be a lawyer? What do you want out of your life? What are your goals?

If you can work on those answers then you have a definite target to aim for and focus on. Then you can spend all your doubting time focusing on your goal.

So, what are your answers?

PS I should have added, I agree with I85.

alaesh

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jun 18, 2008
self doubt is normal... Dont pack it in...just have self confidence and always try to improve. Remember, everyone started somewhere

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.