The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Confronting Self-Doubt - Am I Becoming the Person I've Always Feared?

Anything related to matters of the mind

MapsandMeanings

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
May 31, 2017
Florida
Hi Everyone,

I'm currently battling some serious self-doubt. I will try not to make this long...…

After 12 years of trying to be financially independent, it's just not working. I can provide details if needed, but not sure how important those are.

At what point do we just self-reflect and accept who we are?

The most success I've ever had was when I was a worker for someone. Perhaps, that is my path and maybe that's okay????

I've pivoted, shifted mind-set, took risks, and although I enjoyed the process.....I need to start being real.

I'm not sure if I even know what I'm looking for communicating this, but I always seem to get some good advice from the community.

Like I said, I can provide details if needed but unsure it's even relevant.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

amp0193

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
442%
May 27, 2013
United States
The most success I've ever had was when I was a worker for someone. Perhaps, that is my path and maybe that's okay????
Might be. Business is hard, and not everyone is successful.

After 12 years of trying to be financially independent, it's just not working. I can provide details if needed, but not sure how important those are.
The details are very important.

You're either on the cusp of figuring it out, or on the cusp of another 12 years of failure... but which it is, depends on the reasons you think you've failed thus far, and what you've learned.

Care to share?

heavy_industry

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
555%
Apr 17, 2022
What do you mean by that?

You "are" the man that you decided to become.

All of our past actions had consequences and those consequences have accumulated into what "we are" today.

If today's fruit is bad, it means that you have planted bad seeds previously.

It's basic A -> B determinism.

There is no self-reflection to be had because your life (i.e. current circumstances) is not who you are. It's what you did.

I've pivoted, shifted mind-set, took risks, and although I enjoyed the process.....I need to start being real.
None of these things are conducive to success.

Running a CENTS-based business is conducive to success.

If you fail to do this, no amount of pivoting, mindset shifting, risk-taking, or any other bullshit is going to save you.

Again, it's A -> B determinism.

You either provide value to society and profit from selling it.

Or you do mindset work, visualize success, then register a Reddit account and start crying.

rdan

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Dec 13, 2023
Hi Everyone,

I'm currently battling some serious self-doubt. I will try not to make this long...…

I'm not sure if I even know what I'm looking for communicating this, but I always seem to get some good advice from the community.

Like I said, I can provide details if needed but unsure it's even relevant.

Thanks for sharing, to say this is hard to begin with.

While 12 years is a long time, it does not say what you went through, which crazy experiences you've had and how much time, energy and resources you had to begin with in that time.

If you truly want something, you can get it, no doubt about it. I've seen it many times.
The question never is "If", but rather "How".

One of the hardest questions it seems clients of mine are asking, is for permission to get obsessive for and pursue their dreams.
While that being said, I'd love to get more information on your situation!

Why do you want to become financially independant?
How many hours do you work on the business per week?
What have you given up for that dream? (video games, going out to eat, hobbies)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.