The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Seattle, Kentucky, Army...

AMLatham

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
7%
Nov 15, 2011
Fort Campbell, Ky
I have almost finished my tour of duty in the United States Army. While it has been an honor to serve, I have learned what I joined to learn and am ready to continue with my life.

I have widely varying interests: everything from playing piano to Engineering pursuits. My biggest interest of all, however, is providing security for my future wife, parents, and remaining grandparent. My family is the most important construct in my life and to think that they could suffer when it is preventable is more than a little painful.

Also, I like fast things, and at some point I would like to race professionally.

Thank you, MJ, for providing an invaluable roadmap to follow.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

AMLatham

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
7%
Nov 15, 2011
Fort Campbell, Ky
It strikes me that names are everything. Looking at titles of threads and comparing to views and replies is more than a little enlightening.

Comments?

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
265%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario
pretty noble pursuits.

Welcome to the forum!

KhayShenz

PARKED
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Nov 3, 2011
First of all - thank you for your service! Freedom is definitely not free.

I wish you all the best in all your pursuits.

What type of Engineering? Since you're ALREADY part of the US Army, I'm sure the Corps of Engineers would be the easiest entry, right?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

AMLatham

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
7%
Nov 15, 2011
Fort Campbell, Ky
Thank you for your replies!

What type of Engineering? Since you're ALREADY part of the US Army, I'm sure the Corps of Engineers would be the easiest entry, right?

Actually, KhayShenz, the Corps of Engineers is mostly dirt work and only some construction. They specialize in military fortifications and blowing things up. As far as I know they leave the heavy math and design work to qualified individuals that were more than likely not trained in the Army. (To note, there is a rather large dam near here constructed by the Corps of Engineers.)

The type of engineering I want to pursue is mechanical with a minor in electrical or computer engineering.

My focus in this forum will be mostly business, though, so Engineering and its rewards will have to wait a little while.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...