Hello.
Here are some of my favorite sayings that I've shared with my kids over the years (who now all have Masters degrees from top schools and huge college debt to prove it). What are your favorites?

It's nice to live by these, but because we are human, at least most of us are, sometimes we falter and fall. Then, all we can do is get up, dust ourselves off, and try again (an take our foot out of our mouth).
I've told some of these sayings to students I've tutored and other young people. I just hope they heard me. Sometimes, I hope I've heard me.
Have fun with this! :cheers:
P.S. I've never shared these in a public setting, but I'm so impressed with this new-found forum which I am truly enjoying, that I thought this was a fitting place to share them. I do hope others especially young folk will benefit from these before sayings die off in future generations as 'old stuff that has no relevance in today's world.'
Here are some of my favorite sayings that I've shared with my kids over the years (who now all have Masters degrees from top schools and huge college debt to prove it). What are your favorites?
- Those who fail to plan, plan to fail.
- When a finger points to the moon, an imbecile looks at the finger.
- There's never time to do it Right, but there's always time to do it over!
- There are none so deaf than those who will not hear.
- Doubt means don't do it until you know what to do. (Oprah)
- First understand before trying to be understood.
- Don't count your chickens before they hatch.
- When people SHOW you who they are the first time, believe them!
- Proper preparation prevents poor performance. (the '5 P' rule)
- You have to learn how to follow before you can lead.
- It is one thing to be thought of as a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.
- All that glitters ain't gold.
- If you're not something to somebody, then you're nothing to everybody.
- If it doesn't feel right, don't do it.
- Don't always go by what you see; go by what you know.
- Beware of wolves in sheep's clothing.
- Some folks don't believe lard is greasy.
- You can't tell a book by its cover.
- Just because someone said it, don't make it true.
- Look before you leap.
- Put that in your pipe and smoke it!
- Dead fish go with the flow (I heard this a day and a half ago - Sarah Palin)
- What they been smokin? (I really like this one -> whatever it was, I hope it was good! :smxF

It's nice to live by these, but because we are human, at least most of us are, sometimes we falter and fall. Then, all we can do is get up, dust ourselves off, and try again (an take our foot out of our mouth).
I've told some of these sayings to students I've tutored and other young people. I just hope they heard me. Sometimes, I hope I've heard me.
Have fun with this! :cheers:
P.S. I've never shared these in a public setting, but I'm so impressed with this new-found forum which I am truly enjoying, that I thought this was a fitting place to share them. I do hope others especially young folk will benefit from these before sayings die off in future generations as 'old stuff that has no relevance in today's world.'
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
