The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Saying no to becoming partner?

DanishViking

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jun 17, 2015
Hi

Just finished the TMF book, after have been following the forum on and off for years. Have always skipped the book because of the title triggered my inner scam alarms. But now very glad that i finally did read the book. Fantastic book, why haven't more people recommended that book...

It was good timing, because i’m at a crossroad right now. In 2 months i can become partner in a small consulting firm.

I get a good salary of about 90.000$ yearly + 20.000$ in bonus if i become partner. However I will break the commandment of both Time, Scale and Control.

Time
I would still be forced to work full time, and things wouldn’t be done if i don’t show up everyday.

Scale
The firm could be growing, but It’s a HR system and requires intensive focus and care all the time. And when hours are the only product on the shelf, it’s hard to scale fast.

Control
I wouldn’t own a controlling part of the company, so in the end I don’t have any control if the boss decide to go in another direction.

Would it be totally stupid to quit and pursue my own idea for a saas, that are related to my industry and my current customers?

Update:
Using the word Idea, was a bit vague. I have covered that there is a need, and have earlier been ask if this services could be provided. Know who is the decision maker in the ideel customers organisations. Have a layout for the MVP.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

alexkuzmov

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
130%
Sep 20, 2019
Bulgaria
Hi

Just finished the TMF book, after have been following the forum on and off for years. Have always skipped the book because of the title triggered my inner scam alarms. But now very glad that i finally did read the book. Fantastic book, why haven't more people recommended that book...

It was good timing, because i’m at a crossroad right now. In 2 months i can become partner in a small consulting firm.

I get a good salary of about 90.000$ yearly + 20.000$ in bonus if i become partner. However I will break the commandment of both Time, Scale and Control.

Time
I would still be forced to work full time, and things wouldn’t be done if i don’t show up everyday.

Scale
The firm could be growing, but It’s a HR system and requires intensive focus and care all the time. And when hours are the only product on the shelf, it’s hard to scale fast.

Control
I wouldn’t own a controlling part of the company, so in the end I don’t have any control if the boss decide to go in another direction.

Would it be totally stupid to quit and pursue my own idea for a saas, that are related to my industry and my current customers?
Depends on what you want from life.
Imagine doing what you are doing now until retiring. Is it a pleasent thought?
If you quit, what do you have to fall back on? Property? Savings? Investments?
Can you worrk on your own business while still employed?

DanishViking

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jun 17, 2015
Want to live the Fastlane.

And when i work 50 hours a week and delivers solutions that a worth millions, I make my own brand stronger and my own pockets bigger. Not only a few % to my self once a year, and give the majority to somebody else.

Depends on what you want from life.
Imagine doing what you are doing now until retiring. Is it a pleasent thought?

No, I will get way to bored.

If you quit, what do you have to fall back on? Property? Savings? Investments?

Got savings for about a year's runway, so short term no worries.

No, wound't be accepted by my employer.

Last edited:

Johnny boy

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
630%
May 9, 2017
Washington State
Do both and not tell anyone.

And you say you don't want to work to make someone else richer while you only keep a portion of what you create. Bad news, that's how the economy works. You have to produce things for other people to get paid anything, and even then you're not guaranteed a profit. I don't care if I only keep 5% of what I create for the world, because I'll just make that number very large.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ

What is your salary now? Are you working for the same company right now? What happens if you don't accept the partner offer?

Odysseus M Jones

[B...{r<°∆°>}--O--{<°∆°>k}...E]
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
X MODERATED X
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Feb 2, 2020
Of course not, $90k + bonus pales in comparison to an idea.
You can buy groceries & pay rent with ideas in your country can't you?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...