The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

San Diego Meet Up

jon.a

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Sep 29, 2012
Near San Diego
On the way home I got to thinking that I cut you short when you mentioned the coming holiday months. Where you going to suggest that we move up to October then skip Nov/Dec?

Iron sharpens Iron. Awesome quote! :thumbsup:

Great meeting you SQT and Clayton. And of course Jon and your lovely wife. I learned a lot today!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

TopChef

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
137%
May 22, 2013
Near San Diego
Really well. TC is taking the lead and doing a great job. The hard part is that in our current incarnation, it's hard to get much beyond intros and "what do you do, what would you like to do?"

I think we'll get it figured out. Maybe not until after B & P.

Props to TC for driving 3 hours to get here!

Hey Jon.

As far as the timing of the next meeting goes, I will hang back and listen to what some of the other members want to do. This is the busy season for a lot of people and there are a lot of holidays to schedule around. Personally, I don't want to go to another meetup until I have an operating business. Even if it is selling crap on ebay. But by mid to late October I should have something up.

I think that goes into what you are talking about as far as getting beyond intros. Meet ups should be for action takers (people who are operating businesses or in the process of starting a business). People who are thinking about what to do or are wondering if starting a business is for them should just post on the forum. I enjoyed getting to know everyone I've met at these meet ups, but I think eventually we should move to limit meet ups to only those who have an operating business or are starting one. That way the meetings will be more about helping each other with action.

Ubermensch

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
Jul 7, 2008
Chicago
I miss San Diego like crazy. I was there for all of this past winter and spring. The plan is to return and buy a beach house. That'll be home base when I'm... home. lol

SD was like detox for living life in the Midwest... I hated leaving.

jon.a

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Sep 29, 2012
Near San Diego
One thought I had was to only allow those that have read the book and inside members?

Hey Jon.

As far as the timing of the next meeting goes, I will hang back and listen to what some of the other members want to do. This is the busy season for a lot of people and there are a lot of holidays to schedule around. Personally, I don't want to go to another meetup until I have an operating business. Even if it is selling crap on ebay. But by mid to late October I should have something up.

I think that goes into what you are talking about as far as getting beyond intros. Meet ups should be for action takers (people who are operating businesses or in the process of starting a business). People who are thinking about what to do or are wondering if starting a business is for them should just post on the forum. I enjoyed getting to know everyone I've met at these meet ups, but I think eventually we should move to limit meet ups to only those who have an operating business or are starting one. That way the meetings will be more about helping each other with action.

1PercentStreet

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
May 16, 2012
Vegas
I'll make one in December/Jan, just give me 3-4 weeks adv. notice.

Ubermensch

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
Jul 7, 2008
Chicago
This would be awesome timing for me. I miss SD so much. I miss the people. I miss what my girl was like when she was out there... I miss the sunrises. I miss the sunsets. I miss the beach. I miss the waves. I miss the momosas and pancakes early in the morning. I miss smoking with the surfers and lifeguards. I miss the city with no traffic.

jon.a

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Sep 29, 2012
Near San Diego
It's not an issue for me and the Mrs but, for some of the younger guy's still doing the 5/2 week the last couple of weeks before Christmas might be hectic. We might have to look at Jan 11th.

AubreyRose

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
295%
Nov 25, 2013
San Diego
I'd like to meetup in Dec or January if you guys are still doing it! I just started making more from my side business than my normal job and I have no idea what I'm doing...would love some advice from people who are on similar paths!

TopChef

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
137%
May 22, 2013
Near San Diego
Welcome aboard Aubrey!

We plan on meeting in January for sure. No official date set, but sometime in middle Jan is what we are shooting for.

AubreyRose

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
295%
Nov 25, 2013
San Diego
Coolness! If anyone ever wants to do a mini-meetup, I'm normally at the New English Brewery tasting room on Thursday evenings with my colleagues... would love to meet you all!

chris.f

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
Dec 3, 2013
Hi Jon,

New guy from San Diego. I'll keep tabs on this thread for the next meetup. Look forward to meeting other fastlane San Diegans

TopChef

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
137%
May 22, 2013
Near San Diego
Time to start picking a time and place for the next meet-up. Because we have had some out of towners here show some interest I wonder if we should pick a more central location this time than North County?

Jon what do you think of this?

Onepercentstreet, Übermensch, JasonR how does Jan 11 at 12pm sound to you guys?

jon.a

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Sep 29, 2012
Near San Diego
Time to start picking a time and place for the next meet-up. Because we have had some out of towners here show some interest I wonder if we should pick a more central location this time than North County?

Jon what do you think of this?

Onepercentstreet, Übermensch, JasonR how does Jan 11 at 12pm sound to you guys?

Sounds about right. How about the Burger King in Ramona? Ramona is technically near the center of San Diego County :)

AubreyRose

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
295%
Nov 25, 2013
San Diego

needchaser

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
62%
Jan 7, 2012
USA
I'm near Los Angeles but would defintiely be interested in attending the next meetup as well.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.