The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Sales Strategy

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
Hola Senor's & Senoritas :races:

Just wanted to start some discussion, some thoughts in my head to post on the forum on the topic of sales strategies assuming you have fairly warm leads. For cold leads my idea has to been to give away a small portion of my product away for free and then hope to convert into a sale (small success here for myself)

This may just be a negative bias I'm holding to myself by not being ''pushy'' or aggressive in terms of my sales method, my last sale was earned without pushing out the product. Actually I was shocked to see someone bought it online without even advertising it. Now, I have multiple warm leads where sales are a strong possibility of getting a close.

In a kinda funny way I like to relate dating & sales together as they are quite similar in regards to the amount of rejection you'll face. Ask out 100 people i.e and you'll likely be rejected by the majority, just like in sales from my experience in door to door and telephone sales & dating.. seriously my life been full of so much rejection it's fairly amusing.

Now, I feel with my warm leads the same sort of thinking as ''my offer needs to be perfect'' like asking out the girl to prom and ''fearing rejection'' OK that doesn't exactly matter I guess, but....

How can we provide as much value to our customers (or prospects) prior to soliciting a sale with a warmer lead? Again, relating this to the dating type thinking perhaps I'm just over thinking it and crapping my pants so to speak whilst asking out that cute girl, the prospects expressed interest in my product, said they like it and what not yet aren't buying it or asking about it. So, correct me if I'm wrong for all the sales experts out there, me throwing out the offer to purchase feels like throwing out the hailmary pass into and have been thinking, what are the best ways for us to increase the chances of the sale?

Again, I really don't want to be pushy in my emails or in business in general, although maybe this is a core principal to success. I've taken MJ's strategy of give and let the marketplace decide whether or not my product will survive. Personally I like this strategy as none of us like to be bombarded with marketing and sales tactics... right!!?!? But, another but... maybe this is the core reason for my lack of BIG success?

So, some ideas before actually throwing out my offers are to provide value before actually sending out the ''If you'd like to purchase visit ___'' email. Maybe I'm wrong although again, don't want to be very pushy about the sale, how can we provide value to our customers leading up to the hail mary pass of, hey....

Buy the product now at $9.99 !!!

1603959847806.png

How can we properly do the art of sales??? Some ideas.....

1. Educational videos for free about topics in the industry you are operating in. (For example if you are in the fitness business, offer some free workouts or meal plans)
  2. Informative information and explain all the benefits of the product
  3. Tell them why they need the product
  4. Establish yourself as the leader/authority in the niche
  5. Creating discount codes
  6. Having great content to follow along
  7. Be involved in the community
  8. Then make the hail mary pass?
While it seems like a fairly simple process I do think there are some hidden things to mastering sales.... something we could all improve upon.

What do you think is the most important thing when it comes to closing the sale?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Primeperiwinkle

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
320%
Nov 30, 2018
What are some of your personal hobbies or passions? (Bear with me I’m going somewhere with this.)

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
What are some of your personal hobbies or passions? (Bear with me I’m going somewhere with this.)

Snowboarding, martial arts, fitness stuff (I've put an emphasis on health since lockdown stuff with all the extra free time) and some video games.

Primeperiwinkle

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
320%
Nov 30, 2018
Snowboarding, martial arts, fitness stuff (I've put an emphasis on health since lockdown stuff with all the extra free time) and some video games.
Ok so there’s this “hot chick” who lives in your area. She’s an introvert who would HATE to date another introvert. She likes it when the guy can carry the convo and tell stories but she wants to be appreciated. She’d adore BJJ cuz she’s an INTJ who is a master at strategy for her job but she’ll never want to actually get sweaty in a room full of muscled up guys. Private lessons might be cool. Snowboarding sounds like a ton of fun to her but that would mean spending a 2hr drive with another person.. who might NEVER stop talking.. and she needs comfortable silence and somebody into music.. which she lives for. She hates Tinder.. because she’s not a whore. She hasn’t gone out on a date in a year. She does use Insta (who doesnt right?) but she doesn’t post often .. besides pics of her dog. She doesn’t like showing her face or being fake. She’s only into video games when other people play and then she kills everything in her sight during first person shooters.. but they make her anxious.

She would really like you. A lot. Like .. a ton.. I think.

But I don’t know if you’re going to be able to work the networking/dating app correctly that I just built. I’m concerned. I’m trying out this new service on it and if it’s faulty I would prefer to know now.

Would you like to try it out and give me some feedback? Of course I can’t guarantee that you two would hit it off immediately but it’s people like her and you that I want to help. That’s what my product does.
~~~~end story~~~~

That’s me selling you on something I haven’t created. Replace “hot chick” with your customer. Get details. Genuinely care. Cast a vision. Be honest.

And last but not least have a FIRM faith that your product is so incredibly helpful that if they say no.. it’s ok. No skin off your back. You were just tryin to help and you’ve got other ppl to talk to.

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
Ok so there’s this “hot chick” who lives in your area. She’s an introvert who would HATE to date another introvert. She likes it when the guy can carry the convo and tell stories but she wants to be appreciated. She’d adore BJJ cuz she’s an INTJ who is a master at strategy for her job but she’ll never want to actually get sweaty in a room full of muscled up guys. Private lessons might be cool. Snowboarding sounds like a ton of fun to her but that would mean spending a 2hr drive with another person.. who might NEVER stop talking.. and she needs comfortable silence and somebody into music.. which she lives for. She hates Tinder.. because she’s not a whore. She hasn’t gone out on a date in a year. She does use Insta (who doesnt right?) but she doesn’t post often .. besides pics of her dog. She doesn’t like showing her face or being fake. She’s only into video games when other people play and then she kills everything in her sight during first person shooters.. but they make her anxious.

But I don’t know if you’re going to be able to work the networking/dating app correctly that I just built. I’m concerned. I’m trying out this new service on it and if it’s faulty I would prefer to know now.

Would you like to try it out and give me some feedback? Of course I can’t guarantee that you two would hit it off immediately but it’s people like her and you that I want to help. That’s what my product does.
~~~~end story~~~~

That’s me selling you on something I haven’t created. Replace “hot chick” with your customer. Get details. Genuinely care. Cast a vision. Be honest.

And last but not least have a FIRM faith that your product is so incredibly helpful that if they say no.. it’s ok. No skin off your back. You were just tryin to help and you’ve got other ppl to talk to.

I'm sold, where is this girl? :praise:

Great post, I like how you framed it. I'll try to word my offers similar to that, makes alot more sense when you put it as above, thanks a million!

alexkuzmov

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
130%
Sep 20, 2019
Bulgaria

~~~~end story~~~~

Great post, alot of value in it, definitely made me think.
You can turn this into a template :D

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Singapore
Hola Senor's & Senoritas :races:

Just wanted to start some discussion, some thoughts in my head to post on the forum on the topic of sales strategies assuming you have fairly warm leads. For cold leads my idea has to been to give away a small portion of my product away for free and then hope to convert into a sale (small success here for myself)

This may just be a negative bias I'm holding to myself by not being ''pushy'' or aggressive in terms of my sales method, my last sale was earned without pushing out the product. Actually I was shocked to see someone bought it online without even advertising it. Now, I have multiple warm leads where sales are a strong possibility of getting a close.

In a kinda funny way I like to relate dating & sales together as they are quite similar in regards to the amount of rejection you'll face. Ask out 100 people i.e and you'll likely be rejected by the majority, just like in sales from my experience in door to door and telephone sales & dating.. seriously my life been full of so much rejection it's fairly amusing.

Now, I feel with my warm leads the same sort of thinking as ''my offer needs to be perfect'' like asking out the girl to prom and ''fearing rejection'' OK that doesn't exactly matter I guess, but....

How can we provide as much value to our customers (or prospects) prior to soliciting a sale with a warmer lead? Again, relating this to the dating type thinking perhaps I'm just over thinking it and crapping my pants so to speak whilst asking out that cute girl, the prospects expressed interest in my product, said they like it and what not yet aren't buying it or asking about it. So, correct me if I'm wrong for all the sales experts out there, me throwing out the offer to purchase feels like throwing out the hailmary pass into and have been thinking, what are the best ways for us to increase the chances of the sale?

Again, I really don't want to be pushy in my emails or in business in general, although maybe this is a core principal to success. I've taken MJ's strategy of give and let the marketplace decide whether or not my product will survive. Personally I like this strategy as none of us like to be bombarded with marketing and sales tactics... right!!?!? But, another but... maybe this is the core reason for my lack of BIG success?

So, some ideas before actually throwing out my offers are to provide value before actually sending out the ''If you'd like to purchase visit ___'' email. Maybe I'm wrong although again, don't want to be very pushy about the sale, how can we provide value to our customers leading up to the hail mary pass of, hey....

Buy the product now at $9.99 !!!

View attachment 35489

How can we properly do the art of sales??? Some ideas.....

1. Educational videos for free about topics in the industry you are operating in. (For example if you are in the fitness business, offer some free workouts or meal plans)
  2. Informative information and explain all the benefits of the product
  3. Tell them why they need the product
  4. Establish yourself as the leader/authority in the niche
  5. Creating discount codes
  6. Having great content to follow along
  7. Be involved in the community
  8. Then make the hail mary pass?
While it seems like a fairly simple process I do think there are some hidden things to mastering sales.... something we could all improve upon.

What do you think is the most important thing when it comes to closing the sale?
Depends on what you are selling. Every industry has their own rules for the game.

One modern (but is actually old) tactic Is what I call “bleed first, pitch later” tactic that has been very effective for many different business across different industries later.

Sell a hot one dollar product for 50 cents, in exchange for the traffic and opportunity to pitch a 10 dollar product that cost you three dollars only...

Amazon : retail business that lose money, but make it back more on subscription services.

F&B : cheap set meals that breaks even, for a chance to pitch beverages after dinner.

Of course you need to understand your industry well to bleed smartly.

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
So I've been sending out some emails (might be getting some bots ordering my samples) so just confirming... will be using this in the future, got a few hundred warm leads to go through.

Hopefully we have a good Christmas this year :praise: Along with framing the emails like the above I'll add in a Christmas discount aswell.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.