The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Sales Page Finally Done, Brutal Critiques Welcome (First Draft)

Marketing, social media, advertising

Halffull

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
49%
Oct 25, 2012
Hey all,

So, I've finally finished the first draft of my sales page.

I'm still working on the launch videos and webinar for this program, but I'd like to get some feedback on the sales page itself.

I'm worried that it's too simple, and the design simply isn't up to par, and that that may hurt my credibility.

Things you can critique
* The Design
* The Sales Copy
* The Videos
* The Offer
* Anything else

The Sales Page Is Here

Again, all constructive critiques are welcome.

Cheers,
Matt

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Likwid24

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
295%
Mar 26, 2011
Staten Island, NY
Just glancing at it real quick, this is what I noticed:

- 3rd paragraph
This was why I created Let’s Do Something, it allowed me to focus on their long term goals, instead of doing a piecemeal approach that ultimately had a short term motivational effect, but no results over the long term.

There should be a period after "Let's Do Something".

- The Title where it says, "What Will you learn in this program?" - I hate the fact that I have to click the video to find out. You should have a list of what your teaching and why it will Benefit the person paying for your services.

That was an immediate turn-off.

-
Here’s are some things you need to know about the program:
It’s going to cost $500 (about 80$ per month). Considering my old 100$/hr coaching fee, this is ridiculously low. However, the upfront cost of this acts as a filter. I’m not willing to risk you dropping out after one month or whatever (especially if I’ve spent months working my a$$ off for you).There is no exception to this.

You don't sound confident that your worth the $500. It should read more like "All this for a ridiculously low price of only $500!" Or You should have higher numbers that have a red line through them, then get to the price of only $500.

Also, take away the "Or Whatever". It sounds immature.

-
If you want one of the six slots, please do the following (in this order– no exceptions)…

Send your fee to my corporate PayPal address (just click the button below).

This would immedietly turn me away. Send $500 before you even review my application and confirm that I'm accepted into the program? No Way. It comes off as Very Scammy. I don't even know if MJ would be able to get the money first. Lol

- Where are your credentials? There should be a little about yourself, what you have accomplished, your skills, background, etc.. Who is going to join your program if they don't even know who you are?

- And lastly - What's in this for you? Your not making much off of it. $3k for 6 months of work? Do you have other plans to monetize?

Sorry for all the criticism. I only trying to help. Great job on taking action and Good Luck!

PS- Read this book. It will help with your copy. "Ca$hvertising" by Drew Eric Whitmen

Roberteking78

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
48%
Nov 16, 2012
This line: "How did a Dropout Move Across the Country, Get a Job, and Become an Entrepreneur?"

Seems silly to me. It sounds like you just moved, got a job at some place (walmart?), and started a company that may or may not be successful.

Big Daddyhoo

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
59%
Oct 21, 2012
BRACE YOUSELF... :)

Hey! A link! Let's see what's going on in there.

1. Looks like a blog. It's called Self-Made Renegade.
2. You no longer do coaching, but wait... you do coaching. Only now it's 6 months instead of hourly. Okay.
3. It's for college students. By a college dropout.
4. There's a video, lets watch it. You mean I can get a job AND become a serial entrepreneur? I just need to know the crucial key distinctions. I don't know... and the guy smiles at weird times.
5. X

Is that what you want to say?

I would start with writing some benefit oriented headlines. Here are some things that are NOT benefits:
- Moving across the country
- Becoming a serial entrepreneur
- Key distinctions
- Weekly trainings
- Becoming a self-made renegade
- Brain reprogramming
- 6 months of coaching

I hope this helps.

Halffull

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
49%
Oct 25, 2012
Just glancing at it real quick, this is what I noticed:

- 3rd paragraph

There should be a period after "Let's Do Something".

- The Title where it says, "What Will you learn in this program?" - I hate the fact that I have to click the video to find out. You should have a list of what your teaching and why it will Benefit the person paying for your services.

That was an immediate turn-off.

-

You don't sound confident that your worth the $500. It should read more like "All this for a ridiculously low price of only $500!" Or You should have higher numbers that have a red line through them, then get to the price of only $500.

Also, take away the "Or Whatever". It sounds immature.

-

This would immedietly turn me away. Send $500 before you even review my application and confirm that I'm accepted into the program? No Way. It comes off as Very Scammy. I don't even know if MJ would be able to get the money first. Lol

- Where are your credentials? There should be a little about yourself, what you have accomplished, your skills, background, etc.. Who is going to join your program if they don't even know who you are?

- And lastly - What's in this for you? Your not making much off of it. $3k for 6 months of work? Do you have other plans to monetize?

Sorry for all the criticism. I only trying to help. Great job on taking action and Good Luck!

PS- Read this book. It will help with your copy. "Ca$hvertising" by Drew Eric Whitmen

Hey man,

Don't feel the need to apologize for helping me be profitable :). I appreciate any and all help I get in launching my first online product.

This list is as much for me to look back on as it is a reply to you :).

1. I'll add back the text in the "What will you learn" section, I took it out originally to cut down on the length of the page.

2. I'll change the $500 paragraph.

3. This was originally based on a script from Clay Collins' for a high end coaching program. It recommended to do the payment this way in order to cut down on wasted time. However, I've been getting a lot of feedback to the contrary, so I'll change this.

4. I had my credentials originally in the first video, however, I got some feedback that I was using the word "I" too much. I ended up working them in to the launch videos, but it might be important to have them directly on the sales page as well. How do you recommend I go about adding this back without seeming too braggy and not focused on the customer?

5. Here's a quote from my introduction to the forum that explains what's in it for me. I didn't include it in the sales page for obvious reasons.
After that, we'll hopefully sell out all 6 spots in our self-made renegade pilot coaching program. I'll be teaching the content and holding accountable all 6 members of the program. As this is going on, my colleague will be taking the material I'm giving them and converting it into a product, which will be released at the completion of the program. He'll also be writing the blog that will be cataloging the process of these six individuals as they make their way along the journey.

6. I have read Ca$hvertising, but knowing information, and applying it in a way that creates a great flowing, succinct sales page are two separate things.

Thank you so much for your feedback.

To all of the rest who have taken time to read and comment, I'll get to your feedback later today after I've made the changes Likwid suggested.

Cheers,
Matt

petethepeddler

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
48%
Sep 2, 2010
PA / NY
5. Here's a quote from my introduction to the forum that explains what's in it for me. I didn't include it in the sales page for obvious reasons.
After that, we'll hopefully sell out all 6 spots in our self-made renegade pilot coaching program. I'll be teaching the content and holding accountable all 6 members of the program. As this is going on, my colleague will be taking the material I'm giving them and converting it into a product, which will be released at the completion of the program. He'll also be writing the blog that will be cataloging the process of these six individuals as they make their way along the journey.

Be upfront and let people know this is your intention on the sales page.
It'll help with the people who are skeptical because your charging so little.

It also adds to the exclusivity. "Hey I can get direct access to this guy and his coaching,
while everyone else is only going to get pdfs and videos etc"

Halffull

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
49%
Oct 25, 2012
This line: "How did a Dropout Move Across the Country, Get a Job, and Become an Entrepreneur?"

Seems silly to me. It sounds like you just moved, got a job at some place (walmart?), and started a company that may or may not be successful.

You're right, I omitted a lot because of the constraints of the hello bar... I changed the entire sentence to better match the USP for the course... now to figure out what to do with the similar line in the video.

Halffull

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
49%
Oct 25, 2012
BRACE YOUSELF... :)

Hey! A link! Let's see what's going on in there.

1. Looks like a blog. It's called Self-Made Renegade.
2. You no longer do coaching, but wait... you do coaching. Only now it's 6 months instead of hourly. Okay.
3. It's for college students. By a college dropout.
4. There's a video, lets watch it. You mean I can get a job AND become a serial entrepreneur? I just need to know the crucial key distinctions. I don't know... and the guy smiles at weird times.
5. X

Is that what you want to say?

I would start with writing some benefit oriented headlines. Here are some things that are NOT benefits:
- Moving across the country
- Becoming a serial entrepreneur
- Key distinctions
- Weekly trainings
- Becoming a self-made renegade
- Brain reprogramming
- 6 months of coaching

I hope this helps.

1. That's right.

2. Good point, should changed to "Hourly coaching"

3. Yes... I can see how that would be an objection. I'll add a FAQ section where I answer objections like this.

4. I need to change the first line of the video to match the USP.

5. I'm having trouble creating benefit oriented headlines. For instance, the first headline is "Who is this program for?" How would you suggest changing that to a benefit?

Halffull

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
49%
Oct 25, 2012
Thanks for the suggestions all. I've implemented most of them, and added a whole section to address some of the objections brought up, but still have the following todo list:

1. Create benefit oriented headlines. I'm still a bit stuck on this, and would love a little more direction with this one.

2.Take out the first line in the video, and replace it with this one: "In this video, you'll learn how to get any job, in any field, without a degree or great connections."

3. Edit the video to use takes in which I'm not smiling as much.

Unfortunately, I didn't bring my headphones with me to the coffee shop, so I'll have to get the video editing done tomorrow.

MikeC

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
62%
Dec 4, 2010
Salt Lake City, UT
My quick thoughts:

Drop the "i used to do coaching" stuff... it seems needy, like you weren't getting enough clients so you're doing this to lock them in instead.

You must agree to take action. I will do everything I can to help you break free, gain independence, and live life on your own terms, but YOU must take action and apply the strategies and systems I give you.

I always think these things are kinda funny when I read them. It's true, but it seems a little gimmicky... maybe that's just me though.

Why are you charging so little? My primary driver for the pilot program is not making money, but getting quality participants. These participants will be used as case studies when I create the final, Self-Made Renegade product. This is likely the only opportunity to get one-on-one intensive coaching from me on this subject, so, I want to give it to the most deserving candidates the opportunity, regardless of their income.

I'm not really sold on you in the copy at this point. So this seems needy again. I don't know if you're credible or even who you are. Your program seems interesting, but not enough that this paragraph would get a positive reaction rather than a needy feel.

(1)What your current living situation is. (2)What your current work situation is. (3)Your ideal lifestyle, (4)How you think I’d most be able to help you, (5)The number of hours per week you currently have free, and (6) Your phone number and a good time to call you within the next 24 hours. Get to the application by clicking the button below.

Seems like too much work. The angle of "I only want the best of the best" doesn't really work for me, because I already felt a bit of a needy vibe at the very beginning. So it's hard for me to take you seriously when I got that vibe at the top of the copy.

I was actually surprised that your page is interesting – BUT, what got my attention was the Hello Bar. In other words, if I hadn't seen that, I would've thought "what the hell is this even about?" within the first few seconds. And I only really noticed the hello bar because I associated it with sites like 4HWW, i will teach you to be rich, etc. Plus it seems like the hello bar will take me away from the page, not towards your copy.

Seems like a good move would be taking the hello bar text and putting it in a headline that's easier to see. Where "self-made renegade" is, a headline could go there instead.

I think your course sounds very interesting and I think other people will too. But some parts of the copy take away rather than add... fix those and I think you'll have a good shot!

Mike39

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Mar 17, 2012
Orlando, FL
Seem's very guru/foundation-ish to me, but hey if that is what floats your boat, more power to ya! If I could suggest anything, it would be to make your video look less like your trying so hard to have a fun attitude; no acting, just be yourself and also your apply now button looks like a pre-2000's clip-art, try this out for size

Button1.png

likeweb

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
42%
Nov 20, 2012
Watched the video real quick, for some reason at some points it seems you are about to laugh, I know this is a draft, but I my suggestion would be to work more on that, making the offer more believable, probably by watching some videos of other people selling similar services/products, and look at how they present their service.

Also I think you could either put the camera further away, or work with a larger screen further away as the teleprompter, so it doesn't look like you are reading.

Congrats on your effort

1step

Gold Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
231%
Dec 4, 2012
Kentucky
Agreed with likeweb. I dont like the video and dont think it adds to the sell.

1. You seem like you are about to laugh at parts
2. Your annunciation of some words is poor and it is in general somewhat hard to understand you
3. The background music is loud which may contribute to number 2 above (hard to understand)
4. Having the close up on your face is somewhat creepy, you shouldnt enter the video like that, probably shouldnt do the close up shots at all if im being honest
5. the zoomed out view where you can see your hand motions is better than the close up

SeanKelly

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
63%
Aug 8, 2012
Learn some grammar! I think you should pay me for reading your page....

edit: just watched the videos... PLEASE delete them and start over

Halffull

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
49%
Oct 25, 2012
My quick thoughts:

Drop the "i used to do coaching" stuff... it seems needy, like you weren't getting enough clients so you're doing this to lock them in instead.

I always think these things are kinda funny when I read them. It's true, but it seems a little gimmicky... maybe that's just me though.

I'm not really sold on you in the copy at this point. So this seems needy again. I don't know if you're credible or even who you are. Your program seems interesting, but not enough that this paragraph would get a positive reaction rather than a needy feel.

Seems like too much work. The angle of "I only want the best of the best" doesn't really work for me, because I already felt a bit of a needy vibe at the very beginning. So it's hard for me to take you seriously when I got that vibe at the top of the copy.

I was actually surprised that your page is interesting – BUT, what got my attention was the Hello Bar. In other words, if I hadn't seen that, I would've thought "what the hell is this even about?" within the first few seconds. And I only really noticed the hello bar because I associated it with sites like 4HWW, i will teach you to be rich, etc. Plus it seems like the hello bar will take me away from the page, not towards your copy.

Seems like a good move would be taking the hello bar text and putting it in a headline that's easier to see. Where "self-made renegade" is, a headline could go there instead.

I think your course sounds very interesting and I think other people will too. But some parts of the copy take away rather than add... fix those and I think you'll have a good shot!

1. I used to do coaching stuff dropped.

2. It is a little cheesy, but also true.

3. Removed... I already say it earlier. But, if I start getting this objection again, might be important to re-add it.

4. I kept the part about what I need... because this isn't me being needy, it's me wanting the best. I'm willing to lose some customers if they're not willing to spend some time on a five question questionnaire.

5. Added a headline with the text from the hellobar.

Halffull

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
49%
Oct 25, 2012
Seem's very guru/foundation-ish to me, but hey if that is what floats your boat, more power to ya! If I could suggest anything, it would be to make your video look less like your trying so hard to have a fun attitude; no acting, just be yourself and also your apply now button looks like a pre-2000's clip-art, try this out for size

View attachment 4325

1. What do you mean by guru/foundation-ish?

2. Talking to a camera is definitely a skill that needs to be learned. Note that in general I actually do have a fun attitude... this was me trying to bring that fun attitude back when talking to a random camera. I'll go back and use edits in which I'm more serious.

3. Button added, thanks for taking the time to make that :).

Halffull

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
49%
Oct 25, 2012
Watched the video real quick, for some reason at some points it seems you are about to laugh, I know this is a draft, but I my suggestion would be to work more on that, making the offer more believable, probably by watching some videos of other people selling similar services/products, and look at how they present their service.

Also I think you could either put the camera further away, or work with a larger screen further away as the teleprompter, so it doesn't look like you are reading.

Congrats on your effort

you can tell you are reading, perhaps you could try will a larger monitor further away

Agreed with likeweb. I dont like the video and dont think it adds to the sell.

1. You seem like you are about to laugh at parts
2. Your annunciation of some words is poor and it is in general somewhat hard to understand you
3. The background music is loud which may contribute to number 2 above (hard to understand)
4. Having the close up on your face is somewhat creepy, you shouldnt enter the video like that, probably shouldnt do the close up shots at all if im being honest
5. the zoomed out view where you can see your hand motions is better than the close up

1. What about the offer do you find "not believable". This is obviously a pretty serious issue for me, as everything in this offer is 100% true :).

2. Yeah, it's clear I need to do a ton of editing on the video, will definitely spend some time on this.

Halffull

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
49%
Oct 25, 2012
Learn some grammar! I think you should pay me for reading your page....

edit: just watched the videos... PLEASE delete them and start over

1. Just rechecked the page for grammar issues, found one error and corrected it. Otherwise, the only thing I could think of is that you don't like my use of the ellipsis?

2. I did ask for brutal critique... but please, keep it actionable. This was just hard on my ego, and there's no way forward when the advice is simply "start over".

verial

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
30%
May 8, 2012
Taipei
Professional copywriter here.

I charge for full copy critiques, but I can at least give you some important pointers for free. A simple "thanks" will do. If you implement these, you should see immediate increases in conversions (assuming you are already getting conversions).

1. Put the video before the headline. This increases readership and lowers bounce rates.

2. Your "who is this program for" reeks of bullshit (you wanted brutal, right?). You include practically any group in there. People prefer exclusivity. Try a "who this program is not for" and exclude groups you know will not be interested anyway. Check out my page here:

Do Not Hire Me |

The above page used to be "hire me," listing all the reasons I would be a great copywriter. When I changed it to "do not hire me," the number of prospects contacting me increased considerably. The key is showing people that you are an exclusive club; by letting them in your program, they have something others do not have access to.

3. The background makes your copy hard to read. Stick with plain white.

4. Your module bullet points are weak. Don't tell clients what they will learn. Tell them how they will benefit from each module.

There's actually a lot more you can do with your copy. I suggest you read the copy of successful competitors and see what they are doing differently.

Halffull

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
49%
Oct 25, 2012
Professional copywriter here.

I charge for full copy critiques, but I can at least give you some important pointers for free. A simple "thanks" will do. If you implement these, you should see immediate increases in conversions (assuming you are already getting conversions).

1. Put the video before the headline. This increases readership and lowers bounce rates.

2. Your "who is this program for" reeks of bullshit (you wanted brutal, right?). You include practically any group in there. People prefer exclusivity. Try a "who this program is not for" and exclude groups you know will not be interested anyway. Check out my page here:

Do Not Hire Me |

The above page used to be "hire me," listing all the reasons I would be a great copywriter. When I changed it to "do not hire me," the number of prospects contacting me increased considerably. The key is showing people that you are an exclusive club; by letting them in your program, they have something others do not have access to.

3. The background makes your copy hard to read. Stick with plain white.

4. Your module bullet points are weak. Don't tell clients what they will learn. Tell them how they will benefit from each module.

There's actually a lot more you can do with your copy. I suggest you read the copy of successful competitors and see what they are doing differently.

1. Done.

2. Done, very interesting idea.

3. It was originally plain white, but something about the page looked unprofessional. I've lowered the opacity on the background image to be less distracting... it still may be hard to read though. Will get some outside feedback on this, and go back to the plain white if it's still a problem.

4. Changed the module bullet points to be more benefit oriented.

5. I'll spend some time going ever competitor sales pages, provided I can find competitors... I've been having a bit of trouble finding them.

1step

Gold Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
231%
Dec 4, 2012
Kentucky
The following is coming from someone who is not a professional copywriter. Just thoughts
Maybe you could test your blue arrows as X's (red x's)
consider adding color words to your module text. Some of the important parts are bold, they would stand out more if they were also colored text
Maybe you should mention why it is 6 openings only, seems like a completely random number
You need better price anchoring, tell why its worth so much more than $500.00
I think you need better questions in the application. (1)What your current living situation is. (2)What your current work situation is. (3)Your ideal lifestyle. I dont like these questions personally What are you trying to learn about them from these questions? You should ask a more specific mindset question "How will this program help you" etc

This should help you The Foundation
Thats what "foundation-ish" refers to

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
149%
Oct 20, 2012
I would change the call to action

to "Sign up now" or something like that.

And I would put at least 3 call to actions on the page (add 1 right under each video).

Big Daddyhoo

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
59%
Oct 21, 2012
You went from horrible to halfway decent in 2 days!

I have a problem with the length. I might buy a book with that short a sales page, if the message resonated with me. But a $500 program, not a chance. I would need:

1. More benefits. If you have a hard time coming up with these, here's an exercise: One of your benefits is learning networking. Give me 5 subskills that would be valuable to learn. Example: Learning how to prove your value to the people who can give you access, so that you stand out in their eyes. Here "proving value" is the feature and "stand out" the benefit. You need both, so try to connect everything you say to the ultimate benefit: getting the job.

2. More proof. And sooner. Proof that you know what you are doing. Proof that this is not a scam. Proof that others have indeed gotten jobs with this. Right now you have got some: the FAQ. Consider talking about your story and your past students in the first video right after giving some quick benefits. I'm thinking at least 10 minutes of solid success stories with job titles and all.

Hope it helps.

DennisD

Mini Media Mogul
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
216%
Jun 16, 2012
Bali, Indonesia
General
you don't make your Unique Value Proposition clear. It's hard for me to tell what the hell you even DO. Immediately you barrage with the 'who this isn't for' before letting me know what it IS. I understand identifying audience, but why is it the first thing.

I can't put my finger on it, really. Why should I trust you? Who are you? Are YOU the college drop out who got the job you wanted? What job was it? why do I care? I don't believe you can give ME the job I want. You look entirely too young to have had the appropriate experience to be able to teach others how to mimic your lucky break.

In the module breakdown "What will you learn" section...

Before you tell me what you'll teach me you first need to tell me
1) I have a problem
2) It's a problem that needs to be FIXED
3) It's a problem that needs to be fixed BY YOU.

The moment I see what you offer before I'm convinced I NEED your offer, I'm out.

I doubt very much people actually paid you $100/hour for coaching based on how green the website and how low your confidence level seems to be. It's supposed to be positioning your prices as 'affordable' but it's dismissed immediately if nobody believes you. In this particular situation I'd opt for instead comparing the price to how much people pay for coaching 'in general' rather than 'from you.'

The video
Hate the video. HATE it. Immediate turn off to me. I would have closed out the page right away. I can barely understand you.

It's the internet! don't be afraid to jumpcut now and then to get the best of each one of your takes. I know it's supposed to be a monologue but you really need to get this thing edited a little better.

I've been having trouble 'being myself' to camera as well. It's a learned skill. I've had to coach actors into it for projects which I've produced, but I haven't mastered it myself. I started https://www.thefastlaneforum.com/mindset-motivation-choices/42880-my-entrepreneur-cartoons.html to get into the habbit of talking natural while self-recording my own project.

what I do is 'rapid fire takes'. say the same line 5-10 times different ways until you're happy with it. If you're concentrating too much on getting the whole thing in one take you're going to suffer for it.

If you don't want it to look too jump-cutty or too 'internet-y' Have some slides, or graphics or B-roll to cutaway to. This way you can hide the jumpcuts behind b-roll and the audience will never know you've made a change. It looks like you're attempting to use the sideshot as the broll, but you stay on it too long. this isn't an indie film, this is a sales video.

The music level is too high and needs to be lowered. you can keep it high at the beginning and ending, but it drowns out your voice throughout the video and I'd lower it just to be safe.

On page
your bullet points for 'who this isn't for' is too close together. I have to SCROLL to get to the next thing. I don't like scrolling.. it's hard work.

Last edited by a moderator:

1step

Gold Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
231%
Dec 4, 2012
Kentucky
I have a problem with the length. I might buy a book with that short a sales page, if the message resonated with me. But a $500 program, not a chance. I would need:
I think this goes along with what I posted above. Look at the foundation example, they were $800.00 per month so meet in the middle between yours and that one

Learning how to prove your value to the people who can give you access, so that you stand out in their eyes. Here "proving value" is the feature and "stand out" the benefit.
Ironic?

2. More proof. And sooner. Proof that you know what you are doing. Proof that this is not a scam. Proof that others have indeed gotten jobs with this. Right now you have got some: the FAQ. Consider talking about your story and your past students in the first video right after giving some quick benefits. I'm thinking at least 10 minutes of solid success stories with job titles and all.

Proof that your price is worth it. Testimonials. Where should you be without a college education? Where are you?

Seriously just study a successful example and implement. GO through the entire letter and look at exactly what they are doing with each paragraph or section. The Foundation above is a related example you can use.

DennisD

Mini Media Mogul
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
216%
Jun 16, 2012
Bali, Indonesia
Hey! Not sure if you're around man, but this is the PERFECT TIME to act on an opportunity.

HARO (Help a Reporter Out) emailed me a few minutes ago and a reporter's looking for an expert on how to get hired. Respond with a VERY eye grabbing subject line. "How I got hired with no job experience etc etc". Within the body explain that you're an EXPERT on the subject and explain how it effected YOUR life.

Include your email, twitter, skype, and phone number and tell them to get in contact with you to schedule an interview.

This is the query:
11) Summary: Getting Hired- how to stand out

Name: Corey Kagan Whelan Care.com
Category: Business and Finance

Email: query-2ozd@helpareporter.net

Media Outlet: Care.com

Deadline: 12:00 PM EST - 20 December

Query:

This article is for the Care.com website. I am looking to
interview a job recruiter from a recognizable hiring firm or
someone who has written a book on the topic. The question is:
How can you take a boring list of skills and hobbies and make
them more exciting/interesting to potential employers.

Requirements:

Must either be a job recruiter from a recognizable firm or have
written a book on How to Get Hired.

Halffull

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
49%
Oct 25, 2012
Hey! Not sure if you're around man, but this is the PERFECT TIME to act on an opportunity.

HARO (Help a Reporter Out) emailed me a few minutes ago and a reporter's looking for an expert on how to get hired. Respond with a VERY eye grabbing subject line. "How I got hired with no job experience etc etc". Within the body explain that you're an EXPERT on the subject and explain how it effected YOUR life.

Include your email, twitter, skype, and phone number and tell them to get in contact with you to schedule an interview.

This is the query:

You rock man. I'm going to give this a go even though I don't meet the exact requirements.

Halffull

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
49%
Oct 25, 2012
So I've been trying to recut the video... and it looks like I might have to rewrite the script (again) and reshoot the whole thing (again). I guess that's the nature of these things .

I'll also be doing some interviews/getting some testimonials from clients and mastermind members this upcoming week, and I'll be adding them to the page.

OXVO

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
23%
Jan 5, 2013
CT, USA
I always wonder how those types of sales pages are considered to be still be successful by others today compared to say a layout like below (although this design has nothing to do with coaching).

03_landing2.jpg

Is it simply because its costs nothing to create the standard sales page ? In my opinion I will never purchase or buy anything from a standard sales page that looks like anyone could have made it and just wants my money fast. I honestly believe sales pages can be a lot more successful if visually you can cater to the customer as well as thru the informative text.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.