The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Russ H: Personal Update

Russ H

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jul 25, 2007
Napa Valley, CA
Hi all,

Well, it's been a stressful week over here.

There's an enormous amount of H1N1 going around-- so much so that the local docs are no longer testing for it (and don't want you to come in) unless you get worse. One of the local kindergarten classes had 14 of 20 stundents out w/flu last week (and more than 70 kids in just that one school). We spoke to one of our bankers yesterday--- his entire family got H1N1 last week (he knows, b/c they all *were* tested). Even their out of town guests got it-- 4 days later!

I'm still coughing and feeling icky, but I'm thinking it's my annual allergy outbreak. Never had allergies until I moved to Napa. Now I get 'em every year, around this time. :smx4:

Most important, KT is doing better. Her fever is down-- but she's coughing a LOT. So much so that last night, I was up w/her for over an hour-- she'd cough for 2-3 minutes, then fall asleep for a minute or two-- then wake up having a hard time breathing, and start the process all over again. No fun- but she did finally settle down, and I got my first night's sleep all week. I'm feeling better-- but still wiped out.

In our biggest news: Yesterday, the City of Napa signed off EVERYTHING on our new B&B (well, everything but a few small details). So now we can get reimbursed for the 10% contractor's holdback from the SBA (about $40K) that we've had to underwrite these past few months.

Still lots of outstanding bills-- and we're heading into the slow season-- so the next few months (through the beginning of Jan) will be nip and tuck. We're still not out of the woods.

But . . . we're almost there! :)

Apologies to any/all of you that I've snapped at this week-- I have not been myself-- and I'm still not back to "normal" (if I could call myself that ;) ).

I'm going to take it easy this weekend, for a change. Charge up the batteries.

A good weekend to all. :)

-Russ H.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

bflbob

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
20%
Jul 25, 2007
Endicott, New York, United States
Russ:

Glad things are coming together for you!

So sorry to here that KT is fighting an illness.
Brenton's son is fighting new teeth, and they are up all night.
I imagine you've had some scary times with a sick baby.

Thinking of you...

Bobbo

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Thats great news Russ, glad to hear it, especially about your daughter getting better.

JayKim

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
Sep 4, 2008
Colorado Springs
Hope you feel better. I havent even heard about it in my town we have got lucky.

PaulRobert

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
May 15, 2009
New Jersey
Resting does wonders for your body. Feel better Russ and enjoy your weekend. Glad to hear that your daughter is much better also.

gerbs

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Sep 29, 2009
Los Angeles
Heya Russ,

Good to see things are clearing up for you and your daughter. Around here, H1N1 is also flooding the schools and community. I'm also feeling a bit ill, but what I have doesn't quite match the symptoms (no fever).

It'll all pass over soon...

yveskleinsky

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
23%
Jul 26, 2007
Russ,

Wow, sorry to hear about KT, that's gotta be scary have a kiddo that sick during the whole h1n1 flare up.

Congrats to on the B&B, you guys are just rockin' and rollin'! :hurray:

LagunaLauren

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
46%
May 20, 2009
Laguna Beach, CA
Hey, Russ-Thanks for the update. Glad KTs getting better. My 8-year old got H1N1 at school too. Luckily, we recognized it and got her on Tamiflu within the first 12 hours, so she had a pretty easy time of it. Congrats on the B&B. I love Napa! Haven't been up there in years, but would love to be a guest if we venture up there again.

randallg99

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
a child's severe illness could be the worst part about being a parent.... glad to see your daughter fighting it.

seems like the latest rage/controversy/cocktail party topic is the vaccine as we're on the fence about getting it for our kids.

and congrats on getting your big project finalized.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.