The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Running blogs, ranking pages via SEO

moneytree3006

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
131%
May 10, 2019
Hello out there,

The categories of the forums are laid out in a bit of a... non-standard way so I'm not 100% sure if this is the place I'm supposed to post up questions about SEO...?

Anyway, I'm looking to connect with anyone in this community who are run blogs or do content marketing for affiliate/product selling purposes.

I'm in the process of starting up my own blog and preparing to launch my first one.

Peace!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

moneytree3006

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
131%
May 10, 2019
Yeah, actually! I've gone through a few courses. And they go into great detail about how to prepare the content and make the website on wordpress which is great.

But not about actually launching the blog.

I understand the link building, guest posting, generating traffic and increasing your DA to push up the other low competition keywords on your post pages... but how often should you post up the post pages/blog posts? For seo purposes does google care how often your domain posts new content? I feel that part is skipped over in the several courses I've taken.

If this is a super newbie question and shouldn't be posted here, I apologise in advance!!!

Charnell

Block me if you're a quack
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
276%
Oct 12, 2014
Kansas City
Here's the thing with SEO, everyone's experiences are different because no one truly knows what's under the hood. I can only speak from what I've experienced.

how often should you post up the post pages/blog posts?

If you're writing more personal pieces and people are expecting you to post Mondays and Thursdays, keep that schedule going.

If you don't really have that kind of following, post ASAP. They aren't doing you any good in draft mode.

For seo purposes does google care how often your domain posts new content?
HOCwTRv.png

Here's traffic from a site I created at the end of 2016 and added a few dozen articles to, neglected it all of 2017, and then added a few more articles in April/May of 2018 after seeing some slight increase in traffic.

You can see that nice mountain top when I added those additional articles, then it going up and down a bit before settling the last 6 months or so. Before that it was also pretty consistent, going a whole year without posting anything new and even increasing rankings.

moneytree3006

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
131%
May 10, 2019
Here's the thing with SEO, everyone's experiences are different because no one truly knows what's under the hood. I can only speak from what I've experienced.

Thanks for providing such a detailed response. Honestly as a newbie it's pretty confusing because there's so much conflicting information and one course will say one thing and another will say something different.

The one thing everyone can agree on is quality of content, I guess also the content length and the importance of backlinks.

I guess I've just got to start posting with consistency and stick to a regular posting schedule. Since I also have to work on getting backlinks shortly after launching too... O.O

GoodluckChuck

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
419%
Feb 2, 2017
my house
Launching is easy. Publish your articles. It's what happens after that matters.

Puripong

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
82%
May 19, 2016
I have had experience with websites creation based on Wordpress and rely heavily on SEO for the traffics. The purpose of those websites - affiliation product reviews and earn commission per sales.

It was heaven like when my websites made $4-6,000 a month each without any paid traffics just solely from SEO with high ranking competitive keywords. It was 2 years great time until that nightmare has begun - Major Google Update.

That update took places, and my sites started to lose its ranking gradually. From homepage to inner pages and traffics went down from 100% to 30% within three months.

It was a realization that while websites generated a lot of money, they never created any real values for anyone except me. No one remembers my site if not for the sakes of SEO. So when the ranking vanished, the traffics goes the same. I spent a lot of money to save them, but they were just beyond saving.

SEO is not and will never be your controllable factor. If you put your business under their mercy, you are asking for misery. You can take another approach by creating a brand based on the value, and the odds of survive will increase a lot. You can do reviews but provides something that could help your visitors solve their life problem. If you are looking for the easiest path to make money, this is not for you.

alord

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Jun 8, 2019
Hello out there,

The categories of the forums are laid out in a bit of a... non-standard way so I'm not 100% sure if this is the place I'm supposed to post up questions about SEO...?

Anyway, I'm looking to connect with anyone in this community who are run blogs or do content marketing for affiliate/product selling purposes.

I'm in the process of starting up my own blog and preparing to launch my first one.

Peace!

Is it your first site? Go for at least 1 article per week (possibly more). Think both in terms of quality and quantity.

Nichehacks, nichepursuits, income school, authorityhacker are all good sites around that.

I've been doing this for 11 years now, if you have any question let me know.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.