• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Join 50,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

Running blogs, ranking pages via SEO

Discussion in 'Business Models, Niches, Industries' started by moneytree3006, May 15, 2019 at 9:50 PM.

1. moneytree3006

moneytree3006 Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $147
    Hello out there,

The categories of the forums are laid out in a bit of a... non-standard way so I'm not 100% sure if this is the place I'm supposed to post up questions about SEO...?

Anyway, I'm looking to connect with anyone in this community who are run blogs or do content marketing for affiliate/product selling purposes.

I'm in the process of starting up my own blog and preparing to launch my first one.

Peace!

minivanman likes this.
  2. Charnell

Charnell Super Nintendo, Sega Genesis Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $11,010
    Do you have a specific question?

moneytree3006 likes this.
  3. moneytree3006

Rep Bank:
    $147
    Yeah, actually! I've gone through a few courses. And they go into great detail about how to prepare the content and make the website on wordpress which is great.

But not about actually launching the blog.

I understand the link building, guest posting, generating traffic and increasing your DA to push up the other low competition keywords on your post pages... but how often should you post up the post pages/blog posts? For seo purposes does google care how often your domain posts new content? I feel that part is skipped over in the several courses I've taken.

If this is a super newbie question and shouldn't be posted here, I apologise in advance!!!

4. Charnell

Charnell Super Nintendo, Sega Genesis Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $11,010
    Here's the thing with SEO, everyone's experiences are different because no one truly knows what's under the hood. I can only speak from what I've experienced.

If you're writing more personal pieces and people are expecting you to post Mondays and Thursdays, keep that schedule going.

If you don't really have that kind of following, post ASAP. They aren't doing you any good in draft mode.

[​IMG]
    Here's traffic from a site I created at the end of 2016 and added a few dozen articles to, neglected it all of 2017, and then added a few more articles in April/May of 2018 after seeing some slight increase in traffic.

You can see that nice mountain top when I added those additional articles, then it going up and down a bit before settling the last 6 months or so. Before that it was also pretty consistent, going a whole year without posting anything new and even increasing rankings.

moneytree3006 likes this.
  5. moneytree3006

Rep Bank:
    $147
    Thanks for providing such a detailed response. Honestly as a newbie it's pretty confusing because there's so much conflicting information and one course will say one thing and another will say something different.

The one thing everyone can agree on is quality of content, I guess also the content length and the importance of backlinks.

I guess I've just got to start posting with consistency and stick to a regular posting schedule. Since I also have to work on getting backlinks shortly after launching too... O.O

6. GoodluckChuck

GoodluckChuck Grateful Member Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $6,958
    Launching is easy. Publish your articles. It's what happens after that matters.

Join 1000s of entrepreneurs who are rewriting life's script and winning financial freedom.

---- ----

You must be a member to join the conversation.

Create Account

Join the community fast and easy!

REGISTER

Already have an account? Login here.