- Joined
- Jul 26, 2007
- Messages
- 2,215
Rep Bank
$1,830
$1,830
User Power: 23%
Ok, I've been looking into getting an RSS feed for our new site, and I thought I understood what it was and the benefits to it, then I came across this site: http://rsscontentbuilder.com/ and I'm all kinds of confused now. I thought the point of an RSS feed was to alert members/users/interested people of updated content on a site. I thought the benefit of an RSS feed was that it could potentially boost SE rankings, plus it makes tracking other sites much easier.
Here's where I'm confused. On the above site, it says:
"RSS feeds are streaming content that you can add to your webpages for free! RSS feeds provide fresh articles, breaking news and popular headlines on any topic directly to your webpage with out you having to lift a finger to change it.
If you own a website, using RSS for content can mean never having to update your website with fresh content again. Adding RSS to your websites can provide you with fresh, regularly - updated, Keyword Rich Content to Your Webpages 24/7! Target any niche you choose with a wide selection of RSS sources available all around the web."
I wasn't aware that RSS feeds gave you streaming content- I thought it was just updated content, that may or may not be relevant. If the former is the case, then would google alerts be considered an RSS feed? ...Would I need to put an RSS feed on every page, or does it is just go on the site as a whole? Ouch...my brain...:smx4:
Here's where I'm confused. On the above site, it says:
"RSS feeds are streaming content that you can add to your webpages for free! RSS feeds provide fresh articles, breaking news and popular headlines on any topic directly to your webpage with out you having to lift a finger to change it.
If you own a website, using RSS for content can mean never having to update your website with fresh content again. Adding RSS to your websites can provide you with fresh, regularly - updated, Keyword Rich Content to Your Webpages 24/7! Target any niche you choose with a wide selection of RSS sources available all around the web."
I wasn't aware that RSS feeds gave you streaming content- I thought it was just updated content, that may or may not be relevant. If the former is the case, then would google alerts be considered an RSS feed? ...Would I need to put an RSS feed on every page, or does it is just go on the site as a whole? Ouch...my brain...:smx4:
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
