The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Routine Changes

Anything related to matters of the mind

robertbanking

New Contributor
X MODERATED X
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
Nov 6, 2021
Hello you wonderful and intelligent people that make up this forum. I do hope you are doing well.

Whenever i work at home i do have a set schedule i try and start at 8.30am and finish at 4.30pm, taking regular breaks for meals and to go outside during this period also. I also tend to do a bit of work from 8pm - 10pm at night. However some days i cannot focus at all and spend 1 - 2 hours replying to emails when i should be focused on a project or building a website. Does anyone kindly have any tips please on what to do when your focus is drifting and to help you stay on task during the day? I sometimes try music with no lyrics on occasionally or exercise but sometimes this does not help much. I would be forever grateful for any advice you can give.

Thanks so much for reading my post and for any help you can give. Take care and i do hope you are having a great week.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Been Machine

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
154%
Mar 28, 2022
Hello you wonderful and intelligent people that make up this forum. I do hope you are doing well.

Whenever i work at home i do have a set schedule i try and start at 8.30am and finish at 4.30pm, taking regular breaks for meals and to go outside during this period also. I also tend to do a bit of work from 8pm - 10pm at night. However some days i cannot focus at all and spend 1 - 2 hours replying to emails when i should be focused on a project or building a website. Does anyone kindly have any tips please on what to do when your focus is drifting and to help you stay on task during the day? I sometimes try music with no lyrics on occasionally or exercise but sometimes this does not help much. I would be forever grateful for any advice you can give.

Thanks so much for reading my post and for any help you can give. Take care and i do hope you are having a great week.
Well for me the most distracting thing is my phone, so when I'm trying to work on something important I shut my phone off completely and just toss it somewhere else. Maybe you can try and do something similar with your email? Make it annoying and tedious to have to check it. (MJ talks about this in Unscripted ) In the case with my phone, now that it's off and somewhere else, I have to get up, go turn it on, etc if I'm gonna get distracted by it. I'm not sure what you could exactly do to avoid checking your email, but there's gotta be something!

farouqali

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
91%
Jun 16, 2021

Hey robertbanking ,
try and set your most productive time to focus on your project (try waking up early ,get busy with your tasks before you get distracted by urge to answer emails. You mentioned that you break in-between ; a meal/snack or just a walk try and train your mindset to work without such breaks with exception of the bathroom. Its hard to go back to the Psyche you had after you get interrupted by calls/meals (for me its emails, linkedin after 1.30 pm to 3.00 pm).
see which is the most productive time schedule that works for you. when you feel tired ,seat somewhere with fresh circulation of air and ambiance it will refresh you mind.
best wishes !

robertbanking

New Contributor
X MODERATED X
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
Nov 6, 2021
Hey robertbanking ,
try and set your most productive time to focus on your project (try waking up early ,get busy with your tasks before you get distracted by urge to answer emails. You mentioned that you break in-between ; a meal/snack or just a walk try and train your mindset to work without such breaks with exception of the bathroom. Its hard to go back to the Psyche you had after you get interrupted by calls/meals (for me its emails, linkedin after 1.30 pm to 3.00 pm).
see which is the most productive time schedule that works for you. when you feel tired ,seat somewhere with fresh circulation of air and ambiance it will refresh you mind.
best wishes !
Thank you very much for your replies you have been very helpful.

I think reading your comments its clear that it is trying to retrain my brain to keep focused that is the problem and finding the most productive time to work. I will keep experimenting with my schedule and try move forward with my project resisting the urge to check other tasks like emails.

Thank you very much for your kind help you have been very helpful, i appreciate the time you took to reply out of your busy day. I hope you have a super weekend.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

farouqali

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
91%
Jun 16, 2021
Thank you very much for your replies you have been very helpful.

I think reading your comments its clear that it is trying to retrain my brain to keep focused that is the problem and finding the most productive time to work. I will keep experimenting with my schedule and try move forward with my project resisting the urge to check other tasks like emails.

Thank you very much for your kind help you have been very helpful, i appreciate the time you took to reply out of your busy day. I hope you have a super weekend.
Am grateful to help in any way to see you become more productive and successful. Once you try adjusting your schedule and stick to it "it works and you can inspire others with your feedback"
best wishes in your activities.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.