The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Roomplug.com Jan - Feb 2012 Analytics!

rodney

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
6%
Jan 3, 2012
inland empire
MJ was right in saying that to prove your concept and service, you have to make changes, test it, and check out the analytics. By simply improving the front landing page for Roomplug.com, my stats have dramatically improved this past month from Dec'11-Jan'12 to Jan'12-Feb'12. Here's the screenshot and the proof is in the pudding! The cool thing is I'm going out to the tech community to market our service and spreading our message.

It's amazing what a simple redesign can do to boost your company!

#'s of Visits Double! 200%
#'s of Unique Visitors rise 168%
#'s of Pageviews rise 270%
Avg. Time on Site increased 240%
Bounce Rate decrease 12%

jan-2012.jpg

feb-2012.jpg

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

sam22

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Feb 23, 2012
California
By simply improving the front landing page for Roomplug.com, my stats have dramatically improved this past month from Dec'11-Jan'12 to Jan'12-Feb'12.

Congrats, that's awesome! :)

Obviously the redesign works. Did you simply change the design for everyone or did you split test it?

P.S. Keep improving it!

kwerner

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
19%
Oct 4, 2007
Congrats!!

BeingChewsie

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
113%
Aug 27, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Congrats! It is nice to see your hard work pay off.

Brander

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Jun 3, 2011
Australia, USA, Europe
my stats have dramatically improved this past month from Dec'11-Jan'12 to Jan'12-Feb'12. Here's the screenshot and the proof is in the pudding!
It's amazing what a simple redesign can do to boost your company!

Did you redesign on-page factors (keywords, placing of the keywords...) or did you just redesign for while-on-the-site conversion? If the latter then you mean "my visitor recommendation conversion has gone up, therefore my traffic to the site has doubled."

Good recommendation numbers is one of the most important factors for the decision to continue with a project... but, get those inlinks moving...

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Woo hoo, great to see it. =) Site looks like it could be a winner. :hurray:

rodney

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
6%
Jan 3, 2012
inland empire
Did you simply change the design for everyone or did you split test it?

I simply change the design for everyone and didn't do a split test. What MJ stated in his book about making improvements and changes resonated with me, so I wanted to demonstrate with evidence that it's actually working!

rodney

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
6%
Jan 3, 2012
inland empire
Did you redesign on-page factors (keywords, placing of the keywords...) or did you just redesign for while-on-the-site conversion? If the latter then you mean "my visitor recommendation conversion has gone up, therefore my traffic to the site has doubled."

Good recommendation numbers is one of the most important factors for the decision to continue with a project... but, get those inlinks moving...

Hi roark,

I've changed the layout and improve on SEO. The old layout hid all the textual contents inside javascript that prevented bots to index them. Another note is by including a "Title Header" to represent what your business does helps to. Also, a fresh and clean design showing a roommate holding a sign saying "I Love Roomplug" doesn't hurt either.

Thrive

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
60%
Nov 2, 2011
San Antonio, TX
So how did you get this started? Obviously people come here because there are a lot of listings but how do you get people to start posting listings when you are small?

rodney

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
6%
Jan 3, 2012
inland empire
So how did you get this started? Obviously people come here because there are a lot of listings but how do you get people to start posting listings when you are small?

Great questions! I'm active in the tech start-up community in Southern California, so venturing out with grass root word-of-mouth advertising helps. On the flip side, we target users on Craigslist to try out our new service. We sign up to startupli.st, angle.co, and various startup community to let the world know about our rental platform. We are still bootstrap and coming up with clever and creative ways to market ourselves. We're doing most of marketing with zero cost out of pocket.

If anyone here have suggestions for marketing or advertising tips, it'll be greatly appreciated. Trying to figure out the whole social media as well.

cjrocks

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
5%
Feb 1, 2011
Eugene Oregon
Rodney said:
If anyone here have suggestions for marketing or advertising tips, it'll be greatly appreciated. Trying to figure out the whole social media as well.

Make a Facebook like page. Maybe take some of your profits and buy advertizing space on travel websites.

deepestblue

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
52%
Jun 11, 2011
Arizona
Nice work. The game is won in the trenches by testing, testing and more testing. Interestingly, most would like the easy win and this never happens. Most would see a particular result and then abandon the project for a new one, and repeat the process over and over until.....(you can see where this is headed). How many sales would Sam Walton have made if he had not ventured to grow beyond his original Ben Franklin affiliated 5 & dime.

rodney

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
6%
Jan 3, 2012
inland empire
Maybe take some of your profits and buy advertizing space on travel websites.

Thanks cjrocks, I'll look into this.

The game is won in the trenches by testing, testing and more testing. Interestingly, most would like the easy win and this never happens. Most would see a particular result and then abandon the project for a new one, and repeat the process over and over until.....(you can see where this is headed).

I couldn't agree more!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.