The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Roof Cleaning Business Looking to Expand

PPCSWFL

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Mar 13, 2012
I am 24 and I'm going on my 7th year in business in SW Florida. I started my business right out of high school with $1500. Today I have a $16000 double machine trailer with 500gal water tank. This season is the first I have hired a full time employee and I am trying to slowly step away from the work. I have grown every year I've been in business and I project to make 50k or close to it this season(oct-may).
Initially I advertised in the yellow pages at a price of $300+ a month. This was obviously a rip off and I raked up $10k of debt over the first 3-4yrs as I really wasn't making any real money off the company (at the end of this season I plan on paying off 10k of debt at once do it's like a band aid getting ripped off lol). In 08-09 I started to take off as the economy tanked and the yellow pages went down to $140. I canceled that this year and now I'm going to spend that money and more on direct mail marketing and also brochure and portfolio packages I'll be sending to management company's throughout my area.
In November I became a licensed roof coat/paint/seal contractor in the county below me. Collier doesn't have as many people but Naples is the richest city in Florida so a large number of the neighborhoods are all tile roof. I plan on advertising down there heavily at the beginning of next season.
Any advice or input is welcome. Thanks in advance!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Ramsay

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Feb 14, 2021
Perth
I am 24 and I'm going on my 7th year in business in SW Florida. I started my business right out of high school with $1500. Today I have a $16000 double machine trailer with 500gal water tank. This season is the first I have hired a full time employee and I am trying to slowly step away from the work. I have grown every year I've been in business and I project to make 50k or close to it this season(oct-may).
Initially I advertised in the yellow pages at a price of $300+ a month. This was obviously a rip off and I raked up $10k of debt over the first 3-4yrs as I really wasn't making any real money off the company (at the end of this season I plan on paying off 10k of debt at once do it's like a band aid getting ripped off lol). In 08-09 I started to take off as the economy tanked and the yellow pages went down to $140. I canceled that this year and now I'm going to spend that money and more on direct mail marketing and also brochure and portfolio packages I'll be sending to management company's throughout my area.
In November I became a licensed roof coat/paint/seal contractor in the county below me. Collier doesn't have as many people but Naples is the richest city in Florida so a large number of the neighborhoods are all tile roof. I plan on advertising down there heavily at the beginning of next season.
Any advice or input is welcome. Thanks in advance!
Hope everything worked out for you, i also started cleaning and coating roofs back in 2004 i had a good run right up to 2013, after that the industry took a nose dive, almost putting me into depression. late 2017 i started doing driveway cleaning best thing i ever done. you would struggle to even get me up on a roof now. really is a shame but the double glazing companies destroyed it with tones of lies. the UK government come down heavy on the whole industry, the guys that started the problem well moved onto their next scam. leaving us to take the abuse they created.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.