The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Retail Strip Center Sold

WJK

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
256%
Oct 9, 2017
Alaska
How do you know what commercial. Holding is a deal ?

I am in real estate here in Phoenix and SFR townhomes, duplex, fourplex are easy to spot. Been building capital to eventually get into commercial world but how do you k ownwhat to buy ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Commercial real estate is a whole world within itself. Some markets have been overbuilt for years. And the commercial markets in many areas are contracting due to the internet and shifting shopping habits. I'm very head shy about commercial properties. One of the biggest investment companies in the regional mall business has found itself in BK court. Who would have thought that? And think about the well-established chain stores going out of business -- ie. Sears, etc... That's terrible news for the commercial real estate market.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

motocoyote

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Jun 4, 2019
Dallas
Commercial real estate is a whole world within itself. Some markets have been overbuilt for years. And the commercial markets in many areas are contracting due to the internet and shifting shopping habits. I'm very head shy about commercial properties. One of the biggest investment companies in the regional mall business has found itself in BK court. Who would have thought that? And think about the well-established chain stores going out of business -- ie. Sears, etc... That's terrible news for the commercial real estate market.
As an active participant in the retail commercial real estate industry, I agree that retailer failures are a cause for concern. However, retail is not going away, it is just changing.

Much has been written about the "Amazon Effect" and the impact of Walmart on retailers of all sizes. However, just as in many other industries that have experienced secular change over the years, adaptability is the key, and the landlords that don't adapt or don't have the resources to adapt, are the ones that will lose their properties. And that creates new opportunity for acquisition and redevelopment.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.