Although this business idea is far from ideal, I decided to pursue it. Why? Few reasons:
1) Pressure is minimal. I know, it sounds childish, but I don't want to bite too much at once. I am recovering from my first business failure and depression that followed, so this small business idea is going to help me re-gain some confidence required to pursue bigger things in the future.
2) I've worked in a recruitment industry for a good while. I was responsible for writing resumes and cover letters in addition to placing people into reputable companies. Therefore, I have a great understanding of how to make a winning resume and cover letter.
3) I've created a semi-automated system that helps me to produce high quality resumes and cover letters within an hour. It typically takes 3h or so without this semi-automated system. It took me roughly 4 months of development and testing.
This business is not going to be something big. I am not going to be next Bill Gates of resume and cover letter writing or anything like that. The point is to have a small, running business in place that helps me stand-up on my feet psychologically. That's the main point - to re-gain confidence and stand-up on my feet psychologically - so I can chase bigger dreams in the future.
I will track my progress on a weekly basis and will gladly answer any questions you may have.
1) Pressure is minimal. I know, it sounds childish, but I don't want to bite too much at once. I am recovering from my first business failure and depression that followed, so this small business idea is going to help me re-gain some confidence required to pursue bigger things in the future.
2) I've worked in a recruitment industry for a good while. I was responsible for writing resumes and cover letters in addition to placing people into reputable companies. Therefore, I have a great understanding of how to make a winning resume and cover letter.
3) I've created a semi-automated system that helps me to produce high quality resumes and cover letters within an hour. It typically takes 3h or so without this semi-automated system. It took me roughly 4 months of development and testing.
This business is not going to be something big. I am not going to be next Bill Gates of resume and cover letter writing or anything like that. The point is to have a small, running business in place that helps me stand-up on my feet psychologically. That's the main point - to re-gain confidence and stand-up on my feet psychologically - so I can chase bigger dreams in the future.
I will track my progress on a weekly basis and will gladly answer any questions you may have.
Progress update due in August 24th
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
