The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Resume and Cover Letter Business

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Almantas

Nothing to Lose
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
475%
Dec 21, 2015
Ireland
Although this business idea is far from ideal, I decided to pursue it. Why? Few reasons:

1) Pressure is minimal. I know, it sounds childish, but I don't want to bite too much at once. I am recovering from my first business failure and depression that followed, so this small business idea is going to help me re-gain some confidence required to pursue bigger things in the future.

2) I've worked in a recruitment industry for a good while. I was responsible for writing resumes and cover letters in addition to placing people into reputable companies. Therefore, I have a great understanding of how to make a winning resume and cover letter.

3) I've created a semi-automated system that helps me to produce high quality resumes and cover letters within an hour. It typically takes 3h or so without this semi-automated system. It took me roughly 4 months of development and testing.

This business is not going to be something big. I am not going to be next Bill Gates of resume and cover letter writing or anything like that. The point is to have a small, running business in place that helps me stand-up on my feet psychologically. That's the main point - to re-gain confidence and stand-up on my feet psychologically - so I can chase bigger dreams in the future.

I will track my progress on a weekly basis and will gladly answer any questions you may have.

Progress update due in August 24th

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

GSF

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
278%
Aug 25, 2012
Although this business idea is far from ideal, I decided to pursue it. Why? Few reasons:

1) Pressure is minimal. I know, it sounds childish, but I don't want to bite too much at once. I am recovering from my first business failure and depression that followed, so this small business idea is going to help me re-gain some confidence required to pursue bigger things in the future.

2) I've worked in a recruitment industry for a good while. I was responsible for writing resumes and cover letters in addition to placing people into reputable companies. Therefore, I have a great understanding of how to make a winning resume and cover letter.

3) I've created a semi-automated system that helps me to produce high quality resumes and cover letters within an hour. It typically takes 3h or so without this semi-automated system. It took me roughly 4 months of development and testing.

This business is not going to be something big. I am not going to be next Bill Gates of resume and cover letter writing or anything like that. The point is to have a small, running business in place that helps me stand-up on my feet psychologically. That's the main point - to re-gain confidence and stand-up on my feet psychologically - so I can chase bigger dreams in the future.

I will track my progress on a weekly basis and will gladly answer any questions you may have.

Progress update due in August 24th
looks like a good idea, any thoughts on how you plan on getting customers?

Almantas

Nothing to Lose
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
475%
Dec 21, 2015
Ireland
looks like a good idea, any thoughts on how you plan on getting customers?

Mainly by playing around with Social Media, Influentials, and getting some Affiliate Marketers on board. I'll probably try reaching out to recruiters, too. I see many competitors doing obvious mistakes, providing minimal value and still getting customers. One of the reasons why I pursue this idea is because although there are dozens of guys offering similar services, their execution sucks big time. I don't want to sound rude - but, common, 24-48h delivery time? Empty Facebook page with no value provided? €100 for very basic resume and cover letter? No, thanks. Lol.

Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.