The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Responsibility

Anything related to matters of the mind

Sheldon

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
63%
Jul 31, 2013
Honolulu
I'd like to quote some of the text from "Managing at the Speed of Change" below (Page 196, Chapter "Prerequisites to Synergy"):

"...responsibility implies neither blame nor acclaim, but rather the belief that most of the circumstances in which we find ourselves are the result of how we have defined the situations we face, the decisions we make, and the price we are willing to pay for that we want. So, the hallmarks of an empowered person are the creativity to frame the situation so success is possible, the capacity to face and make tough decisions, and the motivation to pay for the price of success."

Now, I can't say that a few thoughts are what I am living my life by; life is much too complex to live by a few short statements. But I can say that these are some of my prevailing thoughts right now. And it IS true that one's prevailing thoughts have a direct or indirect influence on nearly all of one's actions and interactions. Think about it, if certain thoughts are always just below the surface, it doesn't take much stimulus to bring them out to directly bare on the situation at hand. Often times, this may be an unconscious reaction that we may not even notice, but which nonetheless influences how we act or make decisions. This concept is readily supported by contemporary neuroscience (Read: "The Brain That Changes Itself"). As we lay down certain neuropathways, those pathways become easier and easier to access because those processes continue to use more and more neurons, and the time to access those pathways is reduced proportionately.
As someone who came from two responsibility deficient parents (especially my father), it is extremely important to me to keep these thoughts within a moments access. If you do not take responsibility for your place in life, how can you ever take the helm and steer towards the place you want to be? Luckily for those of you who do not want to take responsibility, there is a method to do this: the lottery. For the rest of us, acquiring a profound and deep sense of responsibility for one's place in life is the first step toward achieving our goals.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

tsenen

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Feb 21, 2014
I think that many individuals value liberty to a greater extent than personal responsibility, and I think that that often ends up being a problem.

Yes! At the moment to me responsability seems stressful, must be because I'm not feeling too well physically though

Last edited:

RogueInnovation

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Jul 28, 2013
"...responsibility implies neither blame nor acclaim, but rather the belief that most of the circumstances in which we find ourselves are the result of how we have defined the situations we face, the decisions we make, and the price we are willing to pay for that we want. So, the hallmarks of an empowered person are the creativity to frame the situation so success is possible, the capacity to face and make tough decisions, and the motivation to pay for the price of success."

Nice!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Sheldon

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
63%
Jul 31, 2013
Honolulu
I think that many individuals value liberty to a greater extent than personal responsibility, and I think that that often ends up being a problem.
Liberty is not separate from responsibility, they are directly linked.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.