The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Resources for meeting like minded friends

Topics relating to managing people and relationships

chrisbiz4444

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
51%
Aug 9, 2013
RI
“You are the average of the five people you spend the most time with.”

This is a clear message across the boards. I agree with this message and it holds great truth. However finding and befriending these people is the challenge. Has anyone here had any luck?

Resources I have found:
Meet-up.com
Thefastlaneforum.com

If you have any other ideas or club names please share.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

tafy

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Aug 21, 2013
UK
I spend most of my time with Staff, wife and baby

Most of my mindset changes have come from this forum, also from books like Rich Dad and MLF and Think and Grow Rich

I really urge you to read Think and Grow Rich if you havent already, you can get it free on youtube as audio

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
My closest friends I met on Second life in 2010. Now we talk on Facebook, Skype, or now in person here In the Netherlands. Yes, I used to be a gamer, and I don't regret it because I wouldn't be in this forum. I met the right people on SL in writing groups, and other groups. I wouldn't be with my life partner that I met on there if I wasn't on SL. I have to laugh because I learned a lot about marketing, creating and selling things on there. I've learned about running a business on there. It was all for fun, but interesting how everything began there for me. It was a creative environment where people built things, sold things, and did the whole 9 yards.

I'm pretty much everywhere. On social media sites and forums talking to people. I'm also a firm believer you're in the right place at the right time to meet people. You just have to look for the opportunity like this forum, and show up. I've met one person in another place that lead me to a magazine. I've met others that led me to other business opportunities in the weirdest places online. So really I have much better luck showing up, than looking for friends.

Joe Cassandra

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
509%
Jul 25, 2013
Woodstock, GA
Theres conferences for every niche so youll bump into tons of new contacts.

Meetups can be a hit or miss, I run a non business meetup and it is a hit or miss. Conferences ive been to have always been a hit

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007