The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Research??

michael515

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
114%
Aug 27, 2007
Where do you find your best ideas for businesses to start?

Tech journals?
Newspaper or T.V. News where people complain alot?
Trade journals?
Online forums?
Any other sources I'm not thinking of?

Do you narrow down your opportunity radar to what field you know or have experience in? Please explain why or why not for us all to learn...

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

AroundTheWorld

Be in the Moment
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
Jul 24, 2007
Where do you find your best ideas for businesses to start?

Anytime you think to yourself, "they need to invent ___________" or "wouldn't a __________ make this easier? faster? more economical?" or "I wish there was a website that _______"

Andrew

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
22%
Aug 8, 2007
Follow all of those things, have personal business experience in the field, and talk to other owners.

The talking part is critical because thats were you can get numbers for things that are working *right* now. From what I have seen, thats the part a lot of completely miss. Either they are talking to employees who are trying to sell them crap or they aren't talking at all.

When you understand how the specific industry works, have the right contacts, and have an infrastructure in place (employees, proprietary systems, etc), you can capitalize on that new knowledge very rapidly.

yveskleinsky

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
23%
Jul 26, 2007
Anytime you think to yourself, "they need to invent ___________" or "wouldn't a __________ make this easier? faster? more economical?" or "I wish there was a website that _______"

So true! This line of questioning goes back to McLovin's philosophy on filling a need.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.