The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

Research??

michael515

Contributor
Aug 27, 2007
Where do you find your best ideas for businesses to start?

Tech journals?
Newspaper or T.V. News where people complain alot?
Trade journals?
Online forums?
Any other sources I'm not thinking of?

Do you narrow down your opportunity radar to what field you know or have experience in? Please explain why or why not for us all to learn...

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

AroundTheWorld

Be in the Moment
Speedway Pass
Jul 24, 2007
Where do you find your best ideas for businesses to start?
Anytime you think to yourself, "they need to invent ___________" or "wouldn't a __________ make this easier? faster? more economical?" or "I wish there was a website that _______"

Andrew

Contributor
Aug 8, 2007
Follow all of those things, have personal business experience in the field, and talk to other owners.

The talking part is critical because thats were you can get numbers for things that are working *right* now. From what I have seen, thats the part a lot of completely miss. Either they are talking to employees who are trying to sell them crap or they aren't talking at all.

When you understand how the specific industry works, have the right contacts, and have an infrastructure in place (employees, proprietary systems, etc), you can capitalize on that new knowledge very rapidly.

yveskleinsky

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
Jul 26, 2007
Anytime you think to yourself, "they need to invent ___________" or "wouldn't a __________ make this easier? faster? more economical?" or "I wish there was a website that _______"
So true! This line of questioning goes back to McLovin's philosophy on filling a need.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Sponsored Offers

Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
-- HALLOWEEN SPECIAL STARTS TODAY! Get any of my courses at Udemy's current best price through Friday! Use code: HALLOWEEN Use any of the links...
Top Bottom