The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Renting Out a Website to Local Businesses

Aston_M

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
62%
May 31, 2014
England
My landing page and campaign is now up and running as of yesterday, my first click for 0.66p generated a phone lead, I've emailed companies trying to get them to take the lead, no reply. Any tips for the best way to get a service business to take and pay for the leads? Maybe call them and give them the first lead for free? Appreciate any advice.

Here's a great podcast I found as well about local lead generation - #60 Local Search and eSales Hub with Mark Taylor - The Next 100 Days

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Contrarian

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
583%
Nov 13, 2014
Jalisco, Mexico
My landing page and campaign is now up and running as of yesterday, my first click for 0.66p generated a phone lead, I've emailed companies trying to get them to take the lead, no reply. Any tips for the best way to get a service business to take and pay for the leads? Maybe call them and give them the first lead for free? Appreciate any advice.

Here's a great podcast I found as well about local lead generation - #60 Local Search and eSales Hub with Mark Taylor - The Next 100 Days

What happened with the campaign that went live in your last post?

Dig in. Get involved. Call the lead. Find out what they want. Call a company and make it happen. Do it as quickly as possible because time kills deals.

Aston_M

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
62%
May 31, 2014
England
What happened with the campaign that went live in your last post?

Dig in. Get involved. Call the lead. Find out what they want. Call a company and make it happen. Do it as quickly as possible because time kills deals.

It went live and the next day all the ads were disapproved due to a trademark issue. I contacted Google and the trademark holder and couldn't get them to allow it. In the end I picked a new niche with no trademark issues :)

Going to call a company with a lead and fingers crossed.

Aston_M

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
62%
May 31, 2014
England
Just took a call from someone looking for a service in my area, they called from my landing page. Passed the lead onto a local service provider, fingers crossed he can close. Easiest phone call I've had with a service provider, he liked what I am doing.

UPDATE:

First phone call resulted in a job being completed today by a tradesman at a pizza chain who had a fault that was affecting their business, so the tradesman was very happy! I've messaged him saying I can make your phone ring with enquiries for £10 per phone call. Hopefully he accepts. Cost me 0.86p to generate that enquiry.

Second phone call resulted in a job being put in the diary on Friday for another tradesman in a different town. Cost me 0.46p to generate this enquiry.

It feels good helping consumer and busy owner, I just need to monetise this now.

UPDATE:

The tradesmen from the first phone call is now going to pay me £10 per phone call I give him :)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Nick1683

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
May 3, 2019
Local SEO is far easier than any other SEO but there are some things you will want to consider.
  1. It might take you 6 months to get to the top in some verticals
  2. Local citations and verifiable matched NAP data is key to your success
  3. A physical postal address is almost a nailed-on requirement for any local service website if you want to get the most leads and exposure
If you want any more information on any of the above points in a little bit more detail then more than happy to provide a more detailed response and perhaps some stepped points.

Could you please elaborate a little bit on these points. Especially 2 and 3. How would I get these if I am not the business/business owner? Thank you for your time.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.