• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Trading Life for a Weekend?
    Build a Business, Build a Life.
    Unleash the Dream.

Become an UNSCRIPTED™Entrepreneur.

UNSCRIPTED™ Entrepreneurship is an entrepreneurial business strategy that unleashes dreams, frees time, and explodes your incomes—but more importantly, it changes your life forever. Make no mistake; this isn’t something you “try”— this is something you live.

FREE Download (Unscripted) FREE Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

FORUM SEARCH

Need answers about entrepreneurship? Search FIRST! More than likely your entrepreneurial topic has already been discussed.
Powered by Google Site Search.

Renting Out a Website to Local Businesses

Discussion in 'Advertising, Marketing, Social Media' started by NickS, Nov 3, 2015.

1. Aston_M

Aston_M New Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $172
    Hey Andy, can I have individual steps please. I have two AdWords clients signed up for management not for lead gen, they are both very happy with the leads they are getting. I find it hard getting new clients, I am thinking about cold emailing. I would rather do a lead gen model as I think it would be an easier sell to business owners. How do you choose a niche to go after locally?

2. Andy Black

Andy Black Any colour, as long as it's red. Staff Member Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR

Rep Bank:
    $128,808
    Start with people who already know, like, and trust you. Forget cold traffic to start with. It can be done (listen to the call with @Contrarian) but why not start with people you already know?

Read all the steps laid out in this thread, and the threads it links to. Plenty enough to get started I think.

3. Aston_M

Aston_M New Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $172
    Thanks Andy, listening now, I'm struggling to get started with pay per lead, I think I'm overthinking it!

4. Andy Black

Andy Black Any colour, as long as it's red. Staff Member Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR

Rep Bank:
    $128,808
    I think you are too... just from you saying this. Lol.

5. Andy Black

Rep Bank:
    $128,808
    Would you sue the yellow pages because you found a plumber on their site? Would you sue Google because you found a plumber by searching on their site?

I'm no lawyer, but as a consumer I'd think my beef is with the plumber who screwed up, not the directory I found them on.

(Consult a lawyer of course. Just don't things like this stop you from starting.)

Contrarian likes this.
  6. Contrarian

Contrarian Silver Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $8,675
    It's simple simple simple.

I've been validating my idea for a marketplace business that's in the works. The final product will be way more involved than a lead gen site. But, you have to get from A to B before you can get to D, E, F...and Z.

Makes sense to get to know something about the consumers before building a business around them right? But it's not like I can just find a list and call them as with the producers.

So, I threw up what might just be the worst landing page in the world. With the landing page builder's URL. Nope, I didn't bother to buy a domain. Then I ran totally unoptimized, generic Google ads to it. The landing page took me about 10 minutes and the Adwords campaign took me less than 5. For a product that costs over £1000.

Spent £29 on ads and got four opt-ins. Three of them didn't respond to my calls and emails - probably because I was emailing them from my personal Gmail and calling them in the UK from my unfamiliar-looking Maltese phone number. Nope, I didn't bother to set up a business email or phone number either (yet).

One of them did respond though, and I matched her with a provider and took a £125 commission for about half an hour's work. Much more importantly, now I have a client and an advocate for my yet-to-exist marketplace.

It's much easier to tweak something you already have than paint from a blank canvas.

7. Aston_M

Aston_M New Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $172
    Sounds interesting, any advice on choosing the niche? I'm looking at electricians or double glazing repairs, do you think product businesses are better than service businesses?

8. Contrarian

Contrarian Silver Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $8,675
    The lead gen site I discussed on the call with @Andy Black was for electrical testing services (so, a niche within a niche). It was minimally profitable because electrical testing is generally a very cheap service, so I couldn't charge much for the leads.

My marketplace-in-development is in tourism. I picked the niche because there's a need but no-one is filling it anywhere in the world. It's a blue ocean strategy. I've worked in cut-throat, hyper-competitive sales fields my whole life and I don't want to play that game anymore.

I brainstormed literally hundreds of fragmented markets that would benefit from aggregation and looked at all of them. Products, services, events - doesn't matter. Then I went where the need is but the quality competition isn't. Another consideration for me was high ticket price and respectable margins for the suppliers so the commissions aren't a hindrance for them.

But if I were you I just wouldn't worry about it too much. Pick whatever market you want, generate a lead, give it to someone and take them on board as a client. Tweak, adjust, refine, scale. Then go get another client. And another and another.

If the market you pick doesn't work or isn't big enough for your liking, it doesn't matter. At least you'll be doing something and learning as you go.

I wouldn't know how to do what I'm doing now if I hadn't done all the things I'd done before. Doing that lead gen site really took me from stationary to moving forwards in my ventures. (PS. Thanks again for the inspiration Andy!)

Just do it.

Aston_M, Kingmaker and Andy Black like this.
  9. Aston_M

Aston_M New Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $172
    Sounds great, my landing page and campaign is now live, thanks for the advice :)

Contrarian likes this.
  10. Contrarian

Rep Bank:
    $8,675
    Awesome! Keep us posted. :)