The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Refi: What lender what fees

TheBigIdea

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
75%
Aug 19, 2007
St Louis MO
Any reccomendations on a lender to use for a refinance? I am looking for just a 30 year fixed right now, countrywide seems good, but wants $385 for appraisal and will roll other cost into loan they say. Which will end up adding roughly 5000 to the loan.

Does that sound right for an appraisal? Does this vary from lender to lender or is it pretty standard?

I ask because I know these companies try to inflate the little things sometimes and not having refinanced before, I dont know.

So anybody have a suggestion for a lender with the best rate and the lowest fees? I am assuming I dont have control over many of the closing costs other than the appraisal?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
The appraisal sounds about right unless its a real small condo. Appraisal fees are charged by the appraiser not the lender. However, the lender usually chooses the appraiser or has to approve of who you want to use.

$5000 total fees is on the high side. Are you paying points? You should get a complete breakdown of how they arrive at $5000.

tbsells

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
18%
Jul 27, 2007
Ohio
$5,000 in closing costs sounds high. You did not state what the loan amount is. If its a jumbo loan, or your credit is bad maybe its not to bad. Shop around a little bit and I bet you can beat this. Look in the Sunday paper for the local banks. They are usually cheaper on refi's. They are usually easier to deal with also. There are a couple in Cincinnati that refi existing customers for $250. I think they charge around $800 for new customers. I' talking about 80% LTV and good credit. If you don't have 20% equity and good credit they don't want your business. I would think every city has this type of lender.

tbsells

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
18%
Jul 27, 2007
Ohio
I personally cannot imagine a situation in which I would pay $5,000 to refi. Make sure you take a hard look at the numbers before you commit to this. What are you gaining? How long will it take you to make back the $5,000 you spent. Is it worth it?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.