The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

REAL ESTATE Refi: What lender what fees

Remove ads while supporting the Unscripted philosophy...become an INSIDER.

TheBigIdea

New Contributor
Aug 19, 2007
St Louis MO
Any reccomendations on a lender to use for a refinance? I am looking for just a 30 year fixed right now, countrywide seems good, but wants $385 for appraisal and will roll other cost into loan they say. Which will end up adding roughly 5000 to the loan.

Does that sound right for an appraisal? Does this vary from lender to lender or is it pretty standard?

I ask because I know these companies try to inflate the little things sometimes and not having refinanced before, I dont know.

So anybody have a suggestion for a lender with the best rate and the lowest fees? I am assuming I dont have control over many of the closing costs other than the appraisal?

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
The appraisal sounds about right unless its a real small condo. Appraisal fees are charged by the appraiser not the lender. However, the lender usually chooses the appraiser or has to approve of who you want to use.

$5000 total fees is on the high side. Are you paying points? You should get a complete breakdown of how they arrive at $5000.

tbsells

Contributor
Jul 27, 2007
Ohio
$5,000 in closing costs sounds high. You did not state what the loan amount is. If its a jumbo loan, or your credit is bad maybe its not to bad. Shop around a little bit and I bet you can beat this. Look in the Sunday paper for the local banks. They are usually cheaper on refi's. They are usually easier to deal with also. There are a couple in Cincinnati that refi existing customers for $250. I think they charge around $800 for new customers. I' talking about 80% LTV and good credit. If you don't have 20% equity and good credit they don't want your business. I would think every city has this type of lender.

tbsells

Contributor
Jul 27, 2007
Ohio
I personally cannot imagine a situation in which I would pay $5,000 to refi. Make sure you take a hard look at the numbers before you commit to this. What are you gaining? How long will it take you to make back the $5,000 you spent. Is it worth it?

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE Fox Web School "Legend" Group Coaching Program 2020
Great post @Fox, very much appreciated! How can I reach out to you? I sent you a PM a while...
MARKETPLACE Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
Hey @Lex DeVille ! Having some issues with the NOREGRETS code? Udemy thinks it has expired...
MARKETPLACE Grow Your Business With a Book (An Unorthodox Marketing Strategy That Built One of the Largest...
Are you looking for a new, lesser-known but potentially very lucrative source of leads to your...
FEATURED! Introducing... WEALTH EXPO$ED, A Short Story By MJ DeMarco
I read it yesterday, looks like a nice introduction for reading TFM or Unscripted. ; ) Also...
MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
Just got off the phone with @LightHouse. Having just a 45 minute conversation with him has...
MARKETPLACE Kill Bigger Incubator
@Kak Thanks for the reply. Whats interesting is that I have an idea that's been cooking which...

Forum Sponsor

sponsor

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom