I found a need to redesign an existing medical product and I know there is a market, but I'm not sure how large.
The existing product has limitations that can cause people their lives if not under close supervision. The modification would be fairly simple. Some people have already patented some modified products and workarounds, but most are to complex or are basically a band-aid.
My first steps will be to find my market size and get more feedback from medical staff on the actual need for the redesign.
The following steps will be to draw up a rough draft, then get a 3D CAD model designed.
Next I'll be applying for a provisional patent before submitting the product for FDA approval.
I'm sure as I get deeper into this process I'll find more steps that need to be taken, but for now this is all I have.
Because money is really tight right now I'll be doing some of the design work myself. Good luck to me!
The existing product has limitations that can cause people their lives if not under close supervision. The modification would be fairly simple. Some people have already patented some modified products and workarounds, but most are to complex or are basically a band-aid.
My first steps will be to find my market size and get more feedback from medical staff on the actual need for the redesign.
The following steps will be to draw up a rough draft, then get a 3D CAD model designed.
Next I'll be applying for a provisional patent before submitting the product for FDA approval.
I'm sure as I get deeper into this process I'll find more steps that need to be taken, but for now this is all I have.
Because money is really tight right now I'll be doing some of the design work myself. Good luck to me!
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
