The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Reddit is Full of Slowlaners

Topics related to Slowlane, Scripted mainstream dogma
Status
Not open for further replies.

TonyStark

I'm not dead yet
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Jul 20, 2015
Austin, Texas
Do you ever take the time to read some of the comments on Reddit? It's always people whining or blaming their circumstance on someone/something else.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

mrarcher

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
275%
Jan 26, 2016
Scotland
Do you ever take the time to read some of the comments on Reddit? It's always people whining or blaming their circumstance on someone/something else.
I hate to break it to you but that describes the majority of the population buddy. Don't concern yourself with what they're doing its not worth the time and effort working yourself up.

G

GuestUser450

True...but if you deep-dive into the subreddits, look at the Top-Alltime posts, recurring themes, what they pin to the side, etc. it's a market research gold mine.
They're not your peers, but they do have pain points and many have money/are willing to spend for solutions.

Mike Kavanagh

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
134%
Aug 17, 2013
It's always people whining or blaming their circumstance on someone/something else.
Do you ever take the time to read some of the comments on YouTube?
Do you ever take the time to read some of the comments on Facebook?
Do you ever take the time to read some of the comments on Twitter?
Do you ever take the time to read some of the comments on Instagram?

Nope. The reason there are people who are in the 1% is because they don't waste their time on the things the 99% do.
Books host information that could literally change people's circumstance 10-fold but they'd rather be "Flexin' on tha'Gram".

The only thing useful about these places are, they hold a host of information about society and human nature.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Slowlaners have a plan. They have a vision. And some discipline.

Sidewalkers have no plans, no visions and no discipline.

You have misinterpreted Sidewalkers for Slowlaners.

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
Assuming all reddit or any site for that matter is a certain specific type of people is just as naive. Its no different than the general population. There are a large majority of sidewalkers, some slowlaners, and a few fastlaners. Its no different anywhere else, the only constant is complaining about it doesn't make you more valuable then them.

TonyStark

I'm not dead yet
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Jul 20, 2015
Austin, Texas
Assuming all reddit or any site for that matter is a certain specific type of people is just as naive. Its no different than the general population. There are a large majority of sidewalkers, some slowlaners, and a few fastlaners. Its no different anywhere else, the only constant is complaining about it doesn't make you more valuable then them.
It is a rant so....

Edit:
I get it. It's just interesting to point out the differences in mindsets between people on Reddit, and the people on this forum when it comes to problem solving.

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
It is a rant so....

Edit:
I get it. It's just interesting to point out the differences in mindsets between people on Reddit, and the people on this forum when it comes to problem solving.
I know it's a rant, but this type of thing is very very important to be aware of in your head. If you are in the 1% or headed there, there is going to be a lot of frustrating things you'll notice. What you don't see is your mindset is rare, and the people that are "normal" is actually who you should be providing value to. It's not you vs them, its you helping them live better, easier, etc.

halmerej

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Oct 2, 2015

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011

I LOVE when they do this.

Why? Because it gives me insights into their current state of mind...and once I understand that, I can help them break free from it.

When you understand what they think like, and understand how your product or service can help them - these comments on reddit are actually a GOOD THING. Aren't they now that you look at it this way?

Another interesting thing is that I used to be so busy looking down on others....that it blinded me from the people who are looking down at me right now for my own faults that are holding me back from MY goals.

IT takes this self-awareness of where you are right now to shift your focus to what it takes to get to your next level.

Anything else outside of what you want, is nothing more than a big distraction.

hellolin

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
May 27, 2015
Reddit is full of people with lemons, our job is to squeeze them and make lemonades, then sell it back to them!

There is a subreddit that asks what people wanted to invent. F*ck thinking about good ideas, if you want any good ideas just jack one from there lol.

Remnant

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
71%
Oct 9, 2015
Agreed that there are many Redditors who complain.

And yes - the masses are usually dead wrong.

Stay humble though - you didn't always understand the principles from MJs book.

Be glad that you sought that info out on your own volition

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Envision

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
783%
May 5, 2014
I just read the comments on Rich Piana videos.

Seriously, spend 5 minutes and read some comments, its hilarious.

Reactions: JDx

Iwokeup

Aut viam invenium aut faciam
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
May 23, 2014
The East Coast
You know, OP, I have been thinking about your post (and other recent similar posts by others) a lot. I used to be like you...hating on slow laners because they didn't get it.

However, that's an immature way of looking at things, because not everyone has the ability OR desire to live the Fastlane life.

Most folks would rather stay within the Matrix that they have known their whole lives rather than face disruption. Avoidance of pain is a basic human trait.

Furthermore, adopting a "slow laners are stupid /lazy/whiny " attitude will slowly seep into your deepest beliefs....and you'll never have lasting success because customers will twig to the cynicism.

Love Thy customers, for they provide us with sustainable income, amen.

(Btw same attitude applies to medicine. If I wasted my energy complaining about stupid/lazy /whiny patients then I would explode. Rather, love them, care for them, work within their limitations, and I am financially sustained. Amen. )

And also, whether by luck or whatever...you ended up here,.amongst a very unusual group of people..

I suspect that this ripping on the SL or sidewalk crowd comes from the realization that, not too recently, that was YOU.

We've all been there.

Good luck

Last edited:

RHL

The coaching was a joke guys.
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
747%
Oct 22, 2013
PA/NJ
There are a large majority of sidewalkers, some slowlaners, and a few fastlaners.

To tweak this a bit, you will always find fewer fastlaners congregating around something that has no return. So I'd say the number of true fastlaners who you'll find watching a popular TV show or on Reddit is probably even lower than their already small representative sample of the population.

A great example, I browse r/Cars pretty regularly (I actually got a really great deal on a car for resale there just a few weeks ago). There are a few dyed-in-the-wool fastlaners there. I'm thinking specifically of the following people:

Verdegrrl, a woman who, with her husband, made a fortune on real estate. Owns a Ferarri 355 Challenge race car, Ferrari 360 Challenge Stradale race car, Ferrari 458 Speciale race car, fully kitted race trailer, a Maserati GT, a bunch of other cars, and a pretty sweet house in Cali that's probably >$2.5M. She's a moderator of r/Cars, so you'd think she'd be pretty active.

RegoApps, Allen Wong, who owns a Tesla P85D+ and an Aventador which he purchased with revenue from his apps, which are worth an estimated $15,000,000.

ISawANip, never disclosed his name, but drops a lot of knowledge bombs. Made a fortune in the hotel/hospitality industry, and bought a brand new 991 911 Turbo S and 458 Spyder over the last two years. His comments on success were pure gold, even if he posts very rarely.

RDahm, the perennially pretty (no homo) Rob Dahm, who owns some sort of software/security firm IIRC, famous for his ridiculously fast RX7 and his yellow Lamborghini Diablo 6.0VT

So, no doubt, all these people are fastlaners, as they all have at least 400K in cars and known successful ventures. They're all serious gearheads, and one is even a mod of the subreddit. So, you'd think they'd be very active on Reddit, right?

But you'd be wrong. Dead wrong. Other than tending the mod queue, Verdegrrl posts perhaps 2x/week and never gets involved in much discussion or debate. The others drop in usually only to show off a new ride or promote a new video or project (very fastlane). Otherwise, they're mum. Why?

They're busy using their freedom to get a return on their investment. That's why you won't find a lot of redpilled fastlaners on Reddit-Even for the company itself, which has yet to post a profit after 10 years, there is very little, if any, return on investment. Now, when it comes time for one of them to promote their movie, book, project, or company-They'll be there with bells on.

Betuterien

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
Apr 3, 2016
Why would I do that? Perhaps for a good laugh and that's it.

Nobody is perfect, although reading the posts within the topic, its pretty clear that there is indeed those who didn't achieve perfection but they're very close to it. It is those who I really want to watch and learn from.

Buickestate

any colour as long as it comes with wood
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
320%
Nov 4, 2015
Ontario
Do you ever take the time to read some of the comments on YouTube?
Do you ever take the time to read some of the comments on Facebook?
Do you ever take the time to read some of the comments on Twitter?
Do you ever take the time to read some of the comments on Instagram?

Nope. The reason there are people who are in the 1% is because they don't waste their time on the things the 99% do.
Books host information that could literally change people's circumstance 10-fold but they'd rather be "Flexin' on tha'Gram".

The only thing useful about these places are, they hold a host of information about society and human nature.

I must be in the 1%, cause I've never heard of reddit. What is reddit? Can it help me market my product?

I never bothered with Twitter, growing up a Twit wasn't someone to look up to, so why would I waste my time reading what they have to say?

Instagram? how can that help me?

Facebook, well I have found a use for it. It was first a means of connecting with old friends, and like minded people. Sometimes it's a good place to for a laugh. It's now quickly becoming a venue to market my products.

I'm happier not knowing what others are thinking, saying, or eating. I get to focus on what I'm doing.

RHL

The coaching was a joke guys.
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
747%
Oct 22, 2013
PA/NJ
Can it help me market my product?

Maybe. It's a king-maker for the right kind of thing. No other platform on earth, with absolutely no exceptions, is able to deliver the same volume of traffic for zero ad spend.

icon8

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
179%
Feb 18, 2016
Reddit, 4chan, and even Facebook. They are saturated with the modern mediocre male - weak, uninspired & ignorant.

Think about the average young man these days - play xbox, smoke weed, order pizza, browse the internet, complain about the government, complain about how girls only like 'assholes', complain about how 'its not their fault'.

These people are just failures in every way imaginable.

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
Reddit, 4chan, and even Facebook. They are saturated with the modern mediocre male - weak, uninspired & ignorant.

Think about the average young man these days - play xbox, smoke weed, order pizza, browse the internet, complain about the government, complain about how girls only like 'assholes', complain about how 'its not their fault'.

These people are just failures in every way imaginable.
This broad generalization is far more ignorant than they very people it's directed at.

PTP

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
766%
Dec 28, 2015
DFW, TX
Love Thy customers, for they provide us with sustainable income, amen.

This quote brightened my day. I need to tape it to my mirror...:p

But to add to the discussion. Thank goodness for consumers. Without them would there even be a fastlane?

Its very interesting to think about what would happen if everyone had the "fastlane mindset". I tend to believe that some will always find a way to rise above the current "average" whatever it may be at the time. I also believe these people that rise above would be largely composed of current fastlaners.

However, if the general population concerned itself with less whining and more of fixing problems (current day fasteners), what would this new breed of "ultra fastlaners" be like?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.