• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Join 50,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

2. Forum *Official* Book Discussion
    Influence, The Psychology of Persuasion by Robert Cialdini

The forum has voted to discuss this book. Grab it and let's discuss!
    Buy: Buy | Discuss: Influence: The Psychology of Persuasion(Review | Discuss)

INTRO Red pill, down the hatch

Discussion in 'Forum Introductions (Who are you!?)' started by psyguy, Apr 9, 2019.

1. NMdad

NMdad Silver Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $3,978
    Agreed. So what can you do to start replacing your current income--while keeping your current job?

psyguy likes this.
  2. The Abundant Man

The Abundant Man Gold Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $8,977
    and how does this make you feel?

psyguy likes this.
  3. astr0

astr0 Grinding Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER

Rep Bank:
    $979
    Having 20-30 hours a week to work for your business is something. Definitely, enough can get a lot of things done and get some traction going. Then quit once you feel you have to and laser focus on it.

You probably thinking of business in background a few more hours a day while working on something else too.

psyguy likes this.
  4. psyguy

psyguy Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $111
    The plan is to launch the website idea I have ASAP and learn valuable skills that will translate to my next venture. Then, either succeed at this first attempt and drop out, or learn from it and try something better on the next run, succeed and drop out.

I just redid the name this morning after discussing it with a close friend last night/how she the name came across to her. It's more concise and I think fairs better for long term branding.

My next plan tomorrow is to outline the tech/functionality the site I would need and then weigh the pros/cons of learning it myself vs hiring a website developer.

The obviously pro in hiring the website developer is speed but the slower track of learning it myself would seem to have more long-term value. Thoughts?

5. psyguy

psyguy Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $111
    Hell yea, that's the plan!

astr0 likes this.
  6. psyguy

psyguy Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $111
    Hungry

7. NMdad

NMdad Silver Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $3,978
    If the website is a straightforward website and/or its functionality can be done using Wordpress, then build it yourself. You'll learn a ton, which will help if you need to outsource later--it's WAY easier to outsource something you know how to do, rather than trying to hand off something & hope whoever you hire can/will do it the way you want.

psyguy likes this.
  8. psyguy

psyguy Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $111
    Ok, great and that makes sense. I'll see what wordpress can do and then go from there. Thank you!

9. SeanC

SeanC New Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane

Rep Bank:
    $41
    Wordpress does 99% of what you'd need to do for most prototypes - DM me if you have any questions.

You've got good points about it maybe not being a good idea to just quit your only paycheck and start on a venture that probably will fail.

Shows more common sense than most Gary V chanters.

Here's what I'd suggest - take some of your best business ideas. Figure out what they have in common. Figure out what your role in taking action for those ideas will be. Maybe you'll do it all - but you'll probably outsource some quickly if its at all successful.

Now that you've figured out your role - try to freelance in that role for a bit. You can often make enough to live off (maybe a bit spartan) of working as a part-time freelancer.

Now you're:
    1. Getting paid to learn the thing you need.
    2. Seeing ways that other people's ventures get all *****'d up, so you're raising your odds of success.
    3. Saving enough extra time in the day to put into your venture.

If it fails - no problem, you acquired a ton of skills, and can try again.

psyguy likes this.
  10. psyguy

psyguy Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $111
    Thanks Sean,

I appreciate the advice and offer. I probably need more ideas that don't suck before I can identify themes but the control and scalability of websites and apps are appealing.

Join 1000s of entrepreneurs who are rewriting life's script and winning financial freedom.

---- ----

You must be a member to join the conversation.

Create Account

Join the community fast and easy!

REGISTER

Already have an account? Login here.