The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Recommended platform to hire AWS cognito integrator/developer?

Anything related to sourcing or importing products.

Sterling729

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
77%
Oct 28, 2023
I mentioned in a previous post with my webapp that I made. For now, I'd like to test the need and if it's worth continuing by actually getting paid customers (i'm thinking like 5 bucks for each month for however many months they want). But, I need a login and token setup on my backend to give paid users certain permissions. I have never done that and am looking how to use Amazong Cognito (my webapp is on AWS). Trying to do it myself has given me a headache.
Should I just look at Fiverr? Or are there any other platforms you recommend?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012
Your other post mentions nodejs. Are you using any framework or just vanilla js?

AWS Cognito might be a bit overkill for your needs.

Since you will also need payments, subscriptions and admin interface to manage all that, you could look at using a SaaS boilerplate solution. Here's a good list: GitHub - smirnov-am/awesome-saas-boilerplates

For example, this one has Stripe payments and subscription support built-in, along with a bunch of other useful stuff for the low price of $0: Open SaaS

I'd recommend against Fiverr, since its very low quality from my experience. Upwork is usually better and still affordable.

Btw you mentioned "sql server", so I assume you mean Microsoft SQL Server. Maybe look into using an open-source database instead, like PostgreSQL or MariaDB (MySQL). You will have better support for a lot of open source tools and no licensing headaches.

Last edited:

Sterling729

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
77%
Oct 28, 2023
Your other post mentions nodejs. Are you using any framework or just vanilla js?

AWS Cognito might be a bit overkill for your needs.

Since you will also need payments, subscriptions and admin interface to manage all that, you could look at using a SaaS boilerplate solution. Here's a good list: GitHub - smirnov-am/awesome-saas-boilerplates

For example, this one has Stripe payments and subscription support built-in, along with a bunch of other useful stuff for the low price of $0: Open SaaS

I'd recommend against Fiverr, since its very low quality from my experience. Upwork is usually better and still affordable.

Btw you mentioned "sql server", so I assume you mean Microsoft SQL Server. Maybe look into using an open-source database instead, like PostgreSQL or MariaDB (MySQL). You will have better support for a lot of open source tools and no licensing headaches.
Hey, thanks for the resource! I'll check it out.

for now, just vanilla js on my frontend. Thing is, I'm just used to SQL Server as I use it at my full time job, but I can change if need be. So far, there are no problems on AWS. If I decide to go to OpenSea to cut costs for future mvp's, maybe I'll have to change.

OverByte

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
141%
May 18, 2014
Canada
I use cognito for all apps on AWS. If you're hosting on AWS then your requests are going through API gateway which is tightly integrated with cognito and is the benefit of using that framework. It will give you auth, automatically handle 401 if no token passed, handle password reset, etc. There is a package called Amplify which contains js components for login, etc that will save you time coding. I use their react packages and they work well, i'm not sure if they offer a vanilla js solution, i'm also not sure why you would choose to build a vanilla js app unless it is extremely simple. Modern frameworks offer a ton of efficiency advantages albeit there is an initial learning curve.

Re: payments I would suggest just integrating with stripe. They have good documentation and their API is simple. I wouldn't even build an admin interface to start, if someone requests a refund or something just handle it from stripe dashboard. Same with cognito, AWS has a UI for this already where you can disable users, etc.

I would stay away from Fiverr. Upwork can work if you have a development background and know how to vet devs during interview, I've hired on there with some success. Don't get enticed by too cheap rates you'll just end up with headaches and pay more in the long run. It sounds like you're a developer so unless you want to hire out more of the app dev I'd suggest just working through the auth problems it will likely be quicker than interviewing and hiring someone and you'll understand your system better. Did you ask your specific issues on stack overflow / Chat GPT?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Sterling729

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
77%
Oct 28, 2023
I use cognito for all apps on AWS. If you're hosting on AWS then your requests are going through API gateway which is tightly integrated with cognito and is the benefit of using that framework. It will give you auth, automatically handle 401 if no token passed, handle password reset, etc. There is a package called Amplify which contains js components for login, etc that will save you time coding. I use their react packages and they work well, i'm not sure if they offer a vanilla js solution, i'm also not sure why you would choose to build a vanilla js app unless it is extremely simple. Modern frameworks offer a ton of efficiency advantages albeit there is an initial learning curve.

Re: payments I would suggest just integrating with stripe. They have good documentation and their API is simple. I wouldn't even build an admin interface to start, if someone requests a refund or something just handle it from stripe dashboard. Same with cognito, AWS has a UI for this already where you can disable users, etc.

I would stay away from Fiverr. Upwork can work if you have a development background and know how to vet devs during interview, I've hired on there with some success. Don't get enticed by too cheap rates you'll just end up with headaches and pay more in the long run. It sounds like you're a developer so unless you want to hire out more of the app dev I'd suggest just working through the auth problems it will likely be quicker than interviewing and hiring someone and you'll understand your system better. Did you ask your specific issues on stack overflow / Chat GPT?
Thanks a ton for the advice. Yeah, I try to do as much as myself before resorting to hiring someone.
Can I ask, do you do B2B for your SAAS? I recenlty shutdown my last project (app for chemistry exam prep for students) as I didn't really seen a huge demand for paid subscribers. I was told that B2B is a much more viable path. Wonder what your thoughts are as I'm trying to find my next SAAS project to start on.

OverByte

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
141%
May 18, 2014
Canada
Thanks a ton for the advice. Yeah, I try to do as much as myself before resorting to hiring someone.
Can I ask, do you do B2B for your SAAS? I recenlty shutdown my last project (app for chemistry exam prep for students) as I didn't really seen a huge demand for paid subscribers. I was told that B2B is a much more viable path. Wonder what your thoughts are as I'm trying to find my next SAAS project to start on.

Yes, everything i do is b2b, more logical sales process and audience is already used to the concept of investing in tools.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.