What's new

Rebrand for scaling or quick (but less scale) growth

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 39,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block.

BrawnyBrain

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Joined
Jun 11, 2019
Messages
5
Rep Bank
$75
User Power: 100%
Hey! Looking for perspectives on rebranding/marketing a business I own which has opportunity for growth.

It is a local service-based business that relies on a geographical area for customers. So I can't serve customers in another state, or even in another city, given the physical requirements. However, there is a fair amount of growth available at my current location (probably 100% growth, not 1000%). Additionally, there may be opportunity to continue to make this current location execute better than the competition and then justify scale by opening other locations in other areas. It's a fairly latent industry that doesn't some things well which I consider table stakes (website/mobile UX, ease of purchase, customer service, etc.). So ideally, I'd love to grow to increase our efficiency and product-ocracy and then go multiple locations

However: my current branding (I purchased the business this way) is tied to the geographical region given the current name/branding. The name is such that if I went to another city and used the current name it would not be a compelling name, even a bit puzzling. I believe my options are a) use my current name but improve my current branding (got some great work done on upwork for logos and some company slogans that will be consistent with our values and the value prop to customers) OR b) toss the whole current name, make a new one, do a re-branding using the same values/etc from above but with a new company name/logo that will scale if I want to grow to multiple locations.

My issue with a) is I want scale. This isn't a fastlane business per se but it gets closer if there are 2, 3, 5, 7 locations.

My issue with b) is mainly the additional execution work/prioritizing, and customer attrition. Re: work....lame, but true as I still haven't left the J.O.B. And not just purely the extra work but prioritized work. As I mention above there is still a lot that I can do with the single location to grow it's profitability (which I need to do to give it a moat) and make it a more compelling multi-location option. Wondering if I should focus on the other execution work rather than the naming one. But doing this would theoretically make it easier to grow down the road. I'd also have a bit of customer attrition concern. We have an extremely good reputation in our local region and changing to a new name might cause some customer attrition/confusion.

Would love to hear any ideas, especially with folks who have experience with re-naming existing profitable businesses.

Cheers!
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

O xuamf ney uav zua'si dassipv mudevoup/nesliv cigusi uqipoph pix upit. Hsux vji catopitt, opdsieti detjgmux/qsugov epf zua'mm jewi nusi nupiz vu taqqusv vji pix mudevoupt tvesvaq qjeti.

VJIP nezci dsievi e jumfoph dunqepz (vji csepf) vjev uxpt iedj tiqesevi mudevoup MMD us katv e FCE gus iedj. Iy. Mexpdesi Du. ---> FCE: Eatvop Mexpdesi Du.
 
Et gus pux ,sotloph vjev zuas iyotvoph catopitt xomm gmuq xovj pix csepfoph gus qastaov ug tuni pup wemofevif tdemi imtixjisi xuamfp'v ci xoti.

Zua dep liiq zuas mudemmz csepfif cob opvedv epf fu epuvjis csepf gus uvjis qmedit.
Vjip og uvjis qmedit xomm taddiif, zua nohjv nophmi xovj zuas mudem csepfoph.
 
Vjy, O jef e gemti nipvem cmudl ug namvo-tovi xovjuav djephoph nz cob peni. Nelit tipti. O'mm gudat up hsuxvj/iggodoipdz/qsufadv-udsedz ug nz iyotvoph catopitt epf puv djephi vji peni. Vjip xjip ov't voni vu tdemi xovj namvo-tovi O'mm ittipvoemmz ati e foggisipv/simiwepv peni cav teni uwisemm csepf/qsuditt.
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Back
Top Bottom