The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Real estate location

hawaiiloans

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
35%
Oct 6, 2007
Las Vegas
I'm looking to break into the real estate market, and have been doing a lot of research and reading. I'm looking to move out to an area which I will start my real estate investing.

I have an opportunity to relocate to anywhere in the US for my future job. I always heard that areas like Texas, or Arizona are the best in turns of pricing, and cashflow.

Here's the question: Where in the US would be the best to start my real estate venture? I'm looking to buy and hold, so I'll probably never be selling property unless I can 1031 it to a bigger property. My goal is to start buying residential property, and repeating the process until I have a good enough cashflow, and start going into commercial property.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

hawaiiloans

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
35%
Oct 6, 2007
Las Vegas
What is the best way to check out a certain area to see if it's a good investment move?

JScott: If you don't mind, what type of investing do you do in Atlanta? Also, any special nuances/location only things?

phlgirl

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Aug 29, 2007
Philadelphia
Jacksonville, FL has been good to us and, as of now, there are still an abundance of deals in that market. Great opportunity for buy & hold and, although the flip market is fairly new to us (less than 6 months), it seems equally as good.

I look for the following in a market:

• Economic Growth
  • Population Growth
  • Affordability
  • Supply & Demand (good rental community, not over-built)
I would visit (several times, if possible). I would also spend a lot of time researching the local statistics and talking to as many realtors/property managers/investors/bankers as you possibly can.

Good luck!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.