Calling all Real Estate Fastlaners,
I recently came into an inherited real estate property down in Myrtle Beach, SC. I would owe $100,000 total (house is worth $180,000+) in order to be the sole owner but I have already made that decision to pay this with a HELOC (mortgage is paid for, just need to buy-out the other two people involved) and to rent it out on a yearly-lease basis. In addition to this real estate property, I am also inheriting some nice side cash which I immediately decided I want to use for an investment. There is a house down the street that is up for sale for a very reasonable price of $160,000 which I am interested in purchasing and also keeping to rent it out.
This decision would leave me pretty strapped for cash but my money would be in some good moneymakers for passive income. After all is said and done with this scenario, I would be netting roughly $1,000 - $1,500 per month from rent after all expenses have been paid for. (Mortgage, HELOC, management co., etc.)
What are your thoughts on my idea to purchase this second home? I am relatively new to real estate but it is something I have always wanted to pursue and it will definitely put me on the right track to the fast lane.
Thanks,
KW
I recently came into an inherited real estate property down in Myrtle Beach, SC. I would owe $100,000 total (house is worth $180,000+) in order to be the sole owner but I have already made that decision to pay this with a HELOC (mortgage is paid for, just need to buy-out the other two people involved) and to rent it out on a yearly-lease basis. In addition to this real estate property, I am also inheriting some nice side cash which I immediately decided I want to use for an investment. There is a house down the street that is up for sale for a very reasonable price of $160,000 which I am interested in purchasing and also keeping to rent it out.
This decision would leave me pretty strapped for cash but my money would be in some good moneymakers for passive income. After all is said and done with this scenario, I would be netting roughly $1,000 - $1,500 per month from rent after all expenses have been paid for. (Mortgage, HELOC, management co., etc.)
What are your thoughts on my idea to purchase this second home? I am relatively new to real estate but it is something I have always wanted to pursue and it will definitely put me on the right track to the fast lane.
Thanks,
KW
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
