The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Reading millionaire fast lane multiple times

Anything related to matters of the mind

Jake_

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Mar 31, 2021
Hey there,

Ive read alot of business books but when I read the millionaire fast lane I knew it was the real deal. I'm in the process with my current business which I began prior to finding the material and have been continually listening to the audiobook, on my third listen planning to listen 10-15 times to ingrain the knowledge. What was initially incredibly insightful in the book is already beginning to feel like common sense.

I haven't read unscripted yet and my question is should I start reading that instead of continuing to ingrain fast lane? I have no doubt that both are immensely valuable, but how do they work with each other/compare?

Thank you for your time.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

.B.

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
202%
Jun 18, 2016
Belgium, Europe
Hey there,

Ive read alot of business books but when I read the millionaire fast lane I knew it was the real deal. I'm in the process with my current business which I began prior to finding the material and have been continually listening to the audiobook, on my third listen planning to listen 10-15 times to ingrain the knowledge. What was initially incredibly insightful in the book is already beginning to feel like common sense.

I haven't read unscripted yet and my question is should I start reading that instead of continuing to ingrain fast lane? I have no doubt that both are immensely valuable, but how do they work with each other/compare?

Thank you for your time.

Unscripted is a must-read if you are working on your current business:
It will help you have the right approaches, and put the right processes in place.

Unscripted is like the business book that makes it unnecessary to go to a business school ;-)

You will also want to read it several times.

How do they compare? They are complementary.
MFL is key to get the right mindset.

So I offer MFL to friends and I hope that they get hooked enough to buy Unscripted after and get to work on their future business!

Jake_

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Mar 31, 2021
Unscripted is a must-read if you are working on your current business:
It will help you have the right approaches, and put the right processes in place.

Unscripted is like the business book that makes it unnecessary to go to a business school ;-)

You will also want to read it several times.

How do they compare? They are complementary.
MFL is key to get the right mindset.

So I offer MFL to friends and I hope that they get hooked enough to buy Unscripted after and get to work on their future business!
Fantastic. Thank you for your reply :)

mdot

Always Improve.
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
190%
Dec 24, 2020
Ontario, Canada
I second the suggestion to also read Unscripted (and TGRRE ) instead of re-reading TMF . There is some repetition of key concepts that will help ingrain what you learned from TMF , and you'll learn new stuff as well. However, even MJ suggests that after a certain point, reading books until you "are ready" to start executing becomes an action fake. You'll never be ready, but if you just start executing you'll learn what you need to along the way. In TGRRE , he talks about how books should be used to solve the problems that stand before you. No point reading about managing employees if you don't have any products or sales!

It's not easy though. I've just crossed that threshold myself. It's scary to just dive in and start, but now that I've started it feels way more exciting and productive than just reading more books for another 6 months.

Jake_

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Mar 31, 2021
I second the suggestion to also read Unscripted (and TGRRE ) instead of re-reading TMF . There is some repetition of key concepts that will help ingrain what you learned from TMF , and you'll learn new stuff as well. However, even MJ suggests that after a certain point, reading books until you "are ready" to start executing becomes an action fake. You'll never be ready, but if you just start executing you'll learn what you need to along the way. In TGRRE , he talks about how books should be used to solve the problems that stand before you. No point reading about managing employees if you don't have any products or sales!

It's not easy though. I've just crossed that threshold myself. It's scary to just dive in and start, but now that I've started it feels way more exciting and productive than just reading more books for another 6 months.
Thanks for the advice, power to you for executing!

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Read all the books to make the theology part of your life. You life it, breathe it, and eventually, live it.

Reading all the books and doing nothing is an action fake.

Each book stands on its own, and each reinforces the other.

My favorite though, of course, is my latest TGRRE .

Unscripted (book 1) has more details business/execution wise (back half of book) and has a lot of content on value skew, which IMO, is a critical knowledge point.

Jake_

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Mar 31, 2021
Read all the books to make the theology part of your life. You life it, breathe it, and eventually, live it.

Unscripted (book 1) has more details business/execution wise (back half of book) and has a lot of content on value skew, which IMO, is a critical knowledge point.
Thanks MJ, I'll get after that and thank you for creating all of this amazing literature.

You say in the millionaire fast lane that your passion is helping others achieve their dreams, well you're certainly helping me with mine.

Prince33

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
156%
Jun 9, 2020
Latvia

It's interesting you say Unscripted is book 1. Because TMFL came out first.

I come from the road less traveled(maybe) in the sense that I started with Unscripted first. In fact it was a youtuber who recommended unscripted . He didnt even mention TMFL. Saw the title and just bought the audiobook. Changed my whole life at the perfect time (summer last year, pandemic prime). Opened up a clips store and some digital products and went all in. So much so I ended up homeless. Lol. Looking back it was silly but I bounced back.

I refuse to give up on myself and MJ's books are the only nonfiction books I've ever read over and over. The main parts I still haven't gotten down is the formula for escaping. Or in his new book "escape number". The "twin attack" is still kinda confusing to me.

But I'd admit unscripted is probably preferred to me. I think TMFL really lays out what the fastlane truly is in more detail. As unscripted really changes your reality on... everything!

Edit: But Unscripted doesn't really flesh out on the fast lane that much. In fact through most of unscripted I kept wondering what The Fast Lane even truly was on my first listen. TMFL imo goes over the fastlane in much more detail. Change that dirty oil, map out your plan, get rid of bad passengers etc.

So its very very important as well. But I do think Unscripted is a better Book 1 but maybe im biased. I remember listening to the part in Unscripted about how everyone at their jobs have been there so long they move like NPCs/robots programmed to do the same thing everyday. And I was like holy shit I always wondered that too. That book hit me hard since I listened to both MJ's books at work on audio and could was living the matrix as Unscripted talked about it.

I even look back at my old early 20s/teenage self in 2014/15 that was a "die hard Seahawks fan". Spent hours and hours posting, watching replays of games from years ago etc just to prove myself as a real fan. Once unscripted talked about the hyper-reality it hit me hard. Although as I aged and started to see the matrix myself I was growing out of sports anyways. But like MJ says in the book we use things like sports for crutches when we dont have our own lives to confide in.

Love these books and ill continue to consume them. I want to be free.

Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.