The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Read TMFL 2 years ago, started a content website, failed, now I'm building websites

Tom Blake

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
350%
Jun 12, 2018
Hi all!

I was fortunate enough to run into TMFL around 2 years ago. It inspired me to get out there are try to build a business.

My first go at it was building a content website part-time - the dream of passive income was hard to resist. In the end, it didn't work out for a number of reasons but I learned a shit load from doing it. Then about 10 months ago, I came across a guy on reddit, who's also a part of this forum, who was building websites for a living and making great money.

So I thought, hang-on, I know how to build a website & I really enjoy doing it... I should do that. So I gave it a go and started cold-calling businesses relentlessly according to this guy's method. And it worked!

Now I'm building websites full-time, working for myself and it's F*cking awesome. No more working for the man and no more pulling pints. The freedom is intoxicating.

I'm here because I want to build this business into a digital agency. Helping other businesses make money feels great and I figure that what I learn, I'll eventually be able to apply to a future product business that's more in line with the Fastlane mentality.

Based on what I've got out of MJ and the people in this forum already, I pumped to be a part of this community too.

Thanks for having me!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Welcome Tom, you a part of @Fox 's group?

Hylle

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
108%
Jun 12, 2017
Denmark
Hey Tom, welcome to the forum.

I'm a fullstack developer myself, but I don't know how to start finding clients. Upwork seems like a bad place to start honestly. What did you do exactly? Feel free to make another topic to explain it if you want to.

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
689%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
Welcome Tom, you a part of @Fox 's group?

Sounds like it. Welcome Tom - let us know if you need any help. This forum is an amazing resource for learning and sharing. Maybe start a progress / execution thread.

I’m pretty sure it’s my post you found so happy to help a little.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Tom Blake

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
350%
Jun 12, 2018
Hey Tom, welcome to the forum.

I'm a fullstack developer myself, but I don't know how to start finding clients. Upwork seems like a bad place to start honestly. What did you do exactly? Feel free to make another topic to explain it if you want to.

Hey Hylle,

I'm one of those 'annoying' cold-callers haha. I've gotten all my work (a part from a couple of referrals now) through cold calling. When I move to the UK, I plan on attending networking events as well.

I agree that upwork is a bad place to start. This thread will explain why and also help get you started: GOLD! - How to Learn Code, Start a Web Company, $15k+ per month within 9 months.

Also, make sure you join this Facebook group: Make Money with Web Design. The guy who wrote the above thread manages it and it's an amazing resource of talented web designers & digital marketers of all different levels.

Good luck and hopefully I'll see you around that facebook group.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...