Hello all- I am hailing from Texas just outside of the Dallas area.
I finished the Audible versions of both of MJ's books. I consider these books to be the most concise, clear and articulate business books I have ever read. No fat, filler or non-sense. Logical and reasoned without the ephemeral woo woo stuff.
I found a new perspective, changed my mindset and feel affirmed of things I have already thought, observed or believe.
I have tried a number of businesses over the years. I have executed and failed- one with some degree of success but it did not fit with the Fastlane commandments which is why I burned out and sold it.
Each time I failed I learned and brought something new to the next swing. One of the guys in my mastermind group feels my execution is good and all I need is that one swing to knock it out of the park. After reading MJ's books, I feel more encouraged of how true that might be.
I have attempted to run multiple businesses the past- part of it is I crave the variety of different things to do, the other is I wanted to see what I could throw on the wall and make stick. I have always been impressed with people like Elon Musk and Richard Branson who could get into multiple endeavors and do well with them. But I understand multiple businesses will have to be put off till I put myself in the Fastlane.
Earlier this year I realized I would have put the other businesses down to concentrate on the one that I think is most in line with the Fastlane commandments. So now I am down to one and I have been working it with my partner for four years. We have both endured the desert and still are. We have been talking about sunsetting the business at the end of the year, but I feel re-invigorated with what I have learned from MJ's books and I get a sense my partner may be willing to acquire a second wind to keep going.
I am in my mid-40's and have struggled with existential questions as well as the feeling that I have wasted a good portion of my life following a script that would not give me the life I would want. I decided that happiness is most important to me to get myself out of the existential darkness I was in...
There is nothing like truly owning yourself... I have moments where I glimpse at what that looks like and want that more and more with each passing day.
Here's to being Unscripted in the Fastlane.
I finished the Audible versions of both of MJ's books. I consider these books to be the most concise, clear and articulate business books I have ever read. No fat, filler or non-sense. Logical and reasoned without the ephemeral woo woo stuff.
I found a new perspective, changed my mindset and feel affirmed of things I have already thought, observed or believe.
I have tried a number of businesses over the years. I have executed and failed- one with some degree of success but it did not fit with the Fastlane commandments which is why I burned out and sold it.
Each time I failed I learned and brought something new to the next swing. One of the guys in my mastermind group feels my execution is good and all I need is that one swing to knock it out of the park. After reading MJ's books, I feel more encouraged of how true that might be.
I have attempted to run multiple businesses the past- part of it is I crave the variety of different things to do, the other is I wanted to see what I could throw on the wall and make stick. I have always been impressed with people like Elon Musk and Richard Branson who could get into multiple endeavors and do well with them. But I understand multiple businesses will have to be put off till I put myself in the Fastlane.
Earlier this year I realized I would have put the other businesses down to concentrate on the one that I think is most in line with the Fastlane commandments. So now I am down to one and I have been working it with my partner for four years. We have both endured the desert and still are. We have been talking about sunsetting the business at the end of the year, but I feel re-invigorated with what I have learned from MJ's books and I get a sense my partner may be willing to acquire a second wind to keep going.
I am in my mid-40's and have struggled with existential questions as well as the feeling that I have wasted a good portion of my life following a script that would not give me the life I would want. I decided that happiness is most important to me to get myself out of the existential darkness I was in...
There is nothing like truly owning yourself... I have moments where I glimpse at what that looks like and want that more and more with each passing day.
Here's to being Unscripted in the Fastlane.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Last edited:
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
