The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Read the books and now I am here

Ronin365

Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
111%
Oct 15, 2017
Texas
Hello all- I am hailing from Texas just outside of the Dallas area.

I finished the Audible versions of both of MJ's books. I consider these books to be the most concise, clear and articulate business books I have ever read. No fat, filler or non-sense. Logical and reasoned without the ephemeral woo woo stuff.

I found a new perspective, changed my mindset and feel affirmed of things I have already thought, observed or believe.

I have tried a number of businesses over the years. I have executed and failed- one with some degree of success but it did not fit with the Fastlane commandments which is why I burned out and sold it.

Each time I failed I learned and brought something new to the next swing. One of the guys in my mastermind group feels my execution is good and all I need is that one swing to knock it out of the park. After reading MJ's books, I feel more encouraged of how true that might be.

I have attempted to run multiple businesses the past- part of it is I crave the variety of different things to do, the other is I wanted to see what I could throw on the wall and make stick. I have always been impressed with people like Elon Musk and Richard Branson who could get into multiple endeavors and do well with them. But I understand multiple businesses will have to be put off till I put myself in the Fastlane.

Earlier this year I realized I would have put the other businesses down to concentrate on the one that I think is most in line with the Fastlane commandments. So now I am down to one and I have been working it with my partner for four years. We have both endured the desert and still are. We have been talking about sunsetting the business at the end of the year, but I feel re-invigorated with what I have learned from MJ's books and I get a sense my partner may be willing to acquire a second wind to keep going.

I am in my mid-40's and have struggled with existential questions as well as the feeling that I have wasted a good portion of my life following a script that would not give me the life I would want. I decided that happiness is most important to me to get myself out of the existential darkness I was in...

There is nothing like truly owning yourself... I have moments where I glimpse at what that looks like and want that more and more with each passing day.

Here's to being Unscripted in the Fastlane.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Tanishatheangel

Bronze Contributor
Sep 22, 2017
life
Hello all- I am hailing from Texas just outside of the Dallas area.

I finished the Audible versions of both of MJ's books. I consider these books to be the most concise, clear and articulate business books I have ever read. No fat, filler or non-sense. Logical and reasoned without the ephemeral woo woo stuff.

I found a new perspective, changed my mindset and feel affirmed of things I have already thought, observed or believe.

I have tried a number of businesses over the years. I have executed and failed- one with some degree of success but it did not fit with the Fastlane commandments which is why I burned out and sold it.

Each time I failed I learned and brought something new to the next swing. One of the guys in my mastermind group feels my execution is good and all I need is that one swing to knock it out of the park. After reading MJ's books, I feel more encouraged of how true that might be.

I have attempted to run multiple businesses the past- part of it is I crave the variety of different things to do, the other is I wanted to see what I could throw on the wall and make stick. I have always been impressed with people like Elon Musk and Richard Branson who could get into multiple endeavors and do well with them. But I understand multiple businesses will have to be put off till I put myself in the Fastlane.

Earlier this year I realized I would have put the other businesses down to concentrate on the one that I think is most in line with the Fastlane commandments. So now I am down to one and I have been working it with my partner for four years. We have both endured the desert and still are. We have been talking about sunsetting the business at the end of the year, but I feel re-invigorated with what I have learned from MJ's books and I get a sense my partner may be willing to acquire a second wind to keep going.

I am in my mid-40's and have struggled with existential questions as well as the feeling that I have wasted a good portion of my life following a script that would not give me the life I would want. I decided that happiness is most important to me to get myself out of the existential darkness I was in...

There is nothing like truly owning yourself... I have moments where I glimpse at what that looks like and want that more and more with each passing day.

Here's to being Unscripted in the Fastlane.

i hope your safe after hurricane harvey, that's amazing that your still going after all that, that alone shows your stamina in creating wealth

I Am I Said

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Sep 14, 2017
Canada

Good stuff.

Do you feel like sharing a bit about the field you're in?

Ronin365

Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
111%
Oct 15, 2017
Texas
i hope your safe after hurricane harvey, that's amazing that your still going after all that, that alone shows your stamina in creating wealth

Thanks for the concern- we were not in the affected area beyond some spinoff rain.

Ronin365

Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
111%
Oct 15, 2017
Texas
Good stuff.

Do you feel like sharing a bit about the field you're in?

Yes- happy to actually. I was planning to share a little more to get feedback as I get more into the forums and have a chance to read some.

My partner is a guitar instructor and came to me about 4 years ago. He said wanted to solve some problems he sees with guitar instruction overall that no one else seems to be addressing. He and I have been friends since high school, trust level has always been high and I have some skills with business and tech. So we decided to put together a web portal to provide guitar lessons that address the deficiencies my partner has noticed as a guitar player and teacher.

I handle all the technical, website, and business stuff. He handles all the content creation. I believe the business fulfills all the fastlane commandments, but we have not hit the homer yet. The business is self-sustaining but not enough to pay us. The weakness as I see it at the moment is the marketing and copy.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Welcome to the forum and thank you for the introduction.

I consider these books to be the most concise, clear and articulate business books I have ever read. No fat, filler or non-sense. Logical and reasoned without the ephemeral woo woo stuff.

Nice to hear, thank you!!

he sees with guitar instruction overall that no one else seems to be addressing.

I subscribe to a piano teaching app. I think I pay $45 a quarter.

Every time I fire it up I think, "Man, these guys are making a fortune".

Just a great example on how a poor time-trade (teaching piano one-on-one) can scale into millions.

Last edited:

Ronin365

Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
111%
Oct 15, 2017
Texas
Welcome to the forum and thank you for the introduction.

Nice to hear, thank you!!

I subscribe to a piano teaching app. I think I pay $45 a quarter.

Every time I fired it up I think, "Man, these guys are making a fortune".

Just a great example on how a poor time-trade (teaching piano one-on-one) can scale into millions.

Actually- thank you. I am beyond stoked to have read the books and found this forum.

I will post up more about the business in the Ideas, Needs, Concept Feedback when I get a breather. I suspect I will get the kind of feedback I have been needing to get to make this go Fastlane :)

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...