The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Re-building from the ground up - Slowlane into fast lane

Topics related to Slowlane, Scripted mainstream dogma

MrChud

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
22%
Oct 31, 2020
Thanks for adding me. I was a lurker and I've found so much gold that I had to register.

A bit about me and where I'm at. I've made a book that I've self-published on Amazon recently. I have a second book that I'm working on. The books are to serve as some extra income, and is not going to be my main income source.

I'm looking into copywriting. I find myself enjoying crafting and practicing my copy skills. A main motivator is to use Lex DeVille's copywriting thread and post up some of my stuff for feedback. I'm coming into this with only rudimentary college courses on marketing. So prior to practicing, I dove into books around sales and marketing such as Robert Cialdini's book "Persuasion". Copywriting is sales in print and I needed to begin thinking like marketer.

I have an MS in Business Administration with a focus on Accounting, and have a working knowledge of how a business runs. I just need to put that into practice and to keep learning as I go. I read the Millionaire Fastlane and opened me up to a world of possibilities.

Glad to be here!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Kasimir

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
93%
Sep 4, 2020
Switzerland
Hi mate,
Welcome to the forum. Where are you from?
Ever thought about additionally selling your books over your own website?
Wish you all the best
Kasimir

MrChud

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
22%
Oct 31, 2020
Hi mate,
Welcome to the forum. Where are you from?
Ever thought about additionally selling your books over your own website?
Wish you all the best
Kasimir
Yeah, I've considered it. I would need to figure out the logistics of doing so. I'm having the cover re-made in order to maximize market appeal. I designed the first cover myself and it negatively impacted sales. I have a good feeling about the new cover. Once Amazon sales pick up from that, I'll look into selling it independently.

Kasimir

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
93%
Sep 4, 2020
Switzerland
Yeah, I've considered it. I would need to figure out the logistics of doing so. I'm having the cover re-made in order to maximize market appeal. I designed the first cover myself and it negatively impacted sales. I have a good feeling about the new cover. Once Amazon sales pick up from that, I'll look into selling it independently.
Wow, even if it negatively impacted sales it's still amazing that you designed it yourself. I really like publishing books as extra/passive income. But what do you do with the rest of your time? Still in school or do you have a "normal" job?

MrChud

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
22%
Oct 31, 2020
Wow, even if it negatively impacted sales it's still amazing that you designed it yourself. I really like publishing books as extra/passive income. But what do you do with the rest of your time? Still in school or do you have a "normal" job?
No job at the moment, was laid off recently due to COVID, thankfully I have savings that I'm using to invest in my future business(es). I'm learning the skill of copywriting and am also putting together some online courses.

Kasimir

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
93%
Sep 4, 2020
Switzerland
No job at the moment, was laid off recently due to COVID, thankfully I have savings that I'm using to invest in my future business(es). I'm learning the skill of copywriting and am also putting together some online courses.
Sounds great. What are the courses going to be about? Copywriting?

MrChud

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
22%
Oct 31, 2020
I'm going to be making courses that teach accounting. As I develop my copywriting skills and get seasoned at that, I'll likely make courses about copywriting as well.

Kasimir

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
93%
Sep 4, 2020
Switzerland
I'm going to be making courses that teach accounting. As I develop my copywriting skills and get seasoned at that, I'll likely make courses about copywriting as well.
Really interesting. Will, you put your course on Skillshare or Udemy, or do you want to create your own platform?
I'm just interested. :)

MrChud

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
22%
Oct 31, 2020
Honestly I'm not sure yet, I want the course site that has the greatest outreach and also ease of use for course creators. Still have to do my research on that.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...