The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Rats! I'm $81,945 short!

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

JAJT

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
549%
Aug 7, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Sure, at first glance it looks like a bum deal but throw some SEO at that beast with a solid $10 theme and resell that baby for $30 mil, easy!

Waspy

Float like a butterfly
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
461%
Dec 6, 2016
U.K.
Don't worry @MJ DeMarco ill float you the rest of the cash.

I trust I'll get a good ROI

RHL

The coaching was a joke guys.
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
747%
Oct 22, 2013
PA/NJ
You see this with car listings some times. Out of the blue, a car pegged at 3-5x list price, with no real justification.

Same with some books on Amazon. The "other sellers" section sometimes have a copy of an in-print, non-first-edition book listed for like $999.99. What's the point?

Last edited:

G-Man

Cantankerous Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
543%
Jan 13, 2014
It's got 13 days left. I'm gonna hang around and steal it in the last 30 seconds its up. Should be able to snag it for only 20mil or so.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Jon L

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
272%
Aug 22, 2015
Bellevue, WA
chump change. Now, if that guy had like 50 sites listed at that price, that's starting to be some real money.

rollerskates

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
269%
Jan 10, 2017
Texas
You see this with car listings some times. Out of the blue, a car pegged at 3-5x list price, with no real justification.

Same with some books on Amazon. Other sellers sometimes have a copy of an in-print, non-first-edition book listed for like $999.99. What's the point?

I've seen this on Etsy, where sellers will price one piece of art outrageously to get traffic into their shops, because naturally, everyone clicks on a $250,000 painting. :hilarious:

ddzc

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
216%
May 22, 2012
Toronto
I was thinking, maybe he meant to post it up in IDR currency but even then, 1200 bucks is still overpriced lol but still doable. I've sold crappy domains for over 1K a few times.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
maybe he meant to post it up in IDR currency but even then, 1200 bucks is still overpriced lol but still doable. I've sold crappy domains for over 1K a few times.

Even if that is true, there are several dozen more sellers who still want $10,000,000 for "my-domain-sucks-a$$-124.ai"

This guy is no anomoly.

ddzc

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
216%
May 22, 2012
Toronto
Even if that is true, there are several dozen more sellers who still want $10,000,000 for "my-domain-sucks-a$$-124.ai"

This guy is no anomoly.

Lol most definitely. These are the same people who play the lottery on a weekly basis...they're hoping and wishing to luckily strike gold.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SquatchMan

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
383%
Dec 27, 2016
Nowhere
Looks like someone read How to Make $1,000,000 Flipping Domain Names in Four Hours and is 13 days away from being a millionaire.

smarty

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
189%
Jan 2, 2013
I've seen this on Etsy, where sellers will price one piece of art outrageously to get traffic into their shops, because naturally, everyone clicks on a $250,000 painting. :hilarious:

There you go. It's only €1708 now

f8fdb088a873fe902382d16c2cfeebe5.png

Raoul Duke

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
324%
Feb 26, 2016
Same with some books on Amazon. The "other sellers" section sometimes have a copy of an in-print, non-first-edition book listed for like $999.99. What's the point?

It is not just Amazon. It is eBay as well. They think that since it has gone out of print. People will pay 10x over cost. Ridiculous. I do not know what is worse. That or the idiot who pays 10x over cost.

DVU

In Progress
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
236%
Sep 24, 2016
Croatia
.IO extensions are a massive trend that big companies keep a close eye on. They might well become the next .com for technology.

Lol Much?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.