The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Rate my site

Anything considered a "hustle" and not necessarily a CENTS-based Fastlane

jb21

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
58%
Apr 23, 2018
NC
Hey all,
I wanted to drop the link to my site here and get your feedback on what you thought, as well as what I can do to organically grow.

1) First off, I sell a rather unique niche, soccer goals. I used to work for the company that I now dropship for, so I am VERY knowledgable on the product. I also know that there are about 10 other people that sell this product, and I know for a fact, I am the cheapest out there. Extremely knowledgable on the product, cheapest? What is there not to like? Currently I am just word of mouth being I also coach soccer. Nothing impressive, but perhaps maybe $400 a month in profit.

Plans for me to sell more:
-Call and email the crap out of soccer clubs around the country seeing if I could be of value to them for providing their soccer equipment
-Google ads
-SEO, which I am horrible at

2) I decided to create "The Corner" on the site, basically a blog where coaches and players can read different articles on soccer related stuff. I currently coach and have been around the game all my life.

At what point does a blog start to naturally bring traffic however? I have no problem writing, in fact I enjoy it, but at what point will it start to bring in people reading it?

3) What do you think of the layout? I love Shopify for the ecommerce side, however I would like the blog portion to look a bit more "bloggy"

Any feedback is great

Joe

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

kleine2

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
135%
Sep 15, 2013
Hey all,
I wanted to drop the link to my site here and get your feedback on what you thought, as well as what I can do to organically grow.

1) First off, I sell a rather unique niche, soccer goals. I used to work for the company that I now dropship for, so I am VERY knowledgable on the product. I also know that there are about 10 other people that sell this product, and I know for a fact, I am the cheapest out there. Extremely knowledgable on the product, cheapest? What is there not to like? Currently I am just word of mouth being I also coach soccer. Nothing impressive, but perhaps maybe $400 a month in profit.

Plans for me to sell more:
-Call and email the crap out of soccer clubs around the country seeing if I could be of value to them for providing their soccer equipment
-Google ads
-SEO, which I am horrible at

2) I decided to create "The Corner" on the site, basically a blog where coaches and players can read different articles on soccer related stuff. I currently coach and have been around the game all my life.

At what point does a blog start to naturally bring traffic however? I have no problem writing, in fact I enjoy it, but at what point will it start to bring in people reading it?

3) What do you think of the layout? I love Shopify for the ecommerce side, however I would like the blog portion to look a bit more "bloggy"

Any feedback is great

Joe
There are only 10 people that sell soccer goals?

Gently calling and emailing soccer clubs sounds like a really good idea, although I would imagine most active clubs already have goals? So, maybe you want to think of a way to target new clubs that don't have the equipment yet?

I see there are 2 blog posts on your site. I would imagine it will take a lot more than that to bring in significant traffic, if people are interested in what you write about.

The layout look ok not amazing but good enough for a site selling soccer equipment. This is probably not what will make or break your business.

jb21

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
58%
Apr 23, 2018
NC
There are only 10 people that sell soccer goals?

Gently calling and emailing soccer clubs sounds like a really good idea, although I would imagine most active clubs already have goals? So, maybe you want to think of a way to target new clubs that don't have the equipment yet?

I see there are 2 blog posts on your site. I would imagine it will take a lot more than that to bring in significant traffic, if people are interested in what you write about.

The layout look ok not amazing but good enough for a site selling soccer equipment. This is probably not what will make or break your business.
Thanks for the reply. In terms of this goal manufacturer, yes maybe 10, 7 that are active. Just from working for the manufacturer, I know I am the cheapest. Being I am around fields all the time, believe me a complex can always use a new goal or even nets. Many fields are outdated etc. I know times are tough now but if anything this can be a good way to network for the day they do choose to get new goals.

jb21

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
58%
Apr 23, 2018
NC
It might be worth contacting park districts around the country.
That to. If I run the numbers.. 48 states (excluding Alaska and Hawaii) at least:
~100 soccer clubs
~25 school districts
~25 park districts

That all have at least 10 goals, that a total of 72,000 goals around the country, with very conservative numbers. If I get a sliver of that, say .5%, that is 360 customers.

The problem is, how the heck do I get them to find me? Many lack the knowledge to be honest and order anything.

Kokaka

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
222%
Aug 9, 2019
That to. If I run the numbers.. 48 states (excluding Alaska and Hawaii) at least:
~100 soccer clubs
~25 school districts
~25 park districts

That all have at least 10 goals, that a total of 72,000 goals around the country, with very conservative numbers. If I get a sliver of that, say .5%, that is 360 customers.

The problem is, how the heck do I get them to find me? Many lack the knowledge to be honest and order anything.
Maybe call all the small rural towns around the US who don't have soccer goals yet, like small towns with about 10k habitants. I dont think they would have goals but are interested in getting the youth to be physicly active and stay when they grow up. All that the kids need then is a ball. Get the municipitaly to spend tax dollars on your goals.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.