The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.
Idea threads

Wendy-Russo

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Dec 16, 2020
Problem : Fake ratings are a problem for platform's reputations, customer's times and money, small businesses and literally everyone involved

Idea: A website / chrome extension / app that would allow users to know how reliable a product's ratings are.

Use: Copy paste the product's link into the website, or clic the extension's button from the website, and you will be given a percentage describing how trustworthy this product's ratings are.

How : The service could screen how many ratings for how many start a product have, to detect sudden bumps in positive ratings, the distribution of good to bad ratings, and any other useful data to create the trust score. Somewhere in between yuka (allows users to scan a barcode to know how good that product is based on it's ingredients) and the wayback machine (takes snapshots of websites at different times for user to visit and see the changes over time), we could also use third party research to inform our decisions (ex independent research shows a third of amazon's reviews are fake)

Money : The service is free to use, but users can pay a monthly fee to delete ads and unlock premium features like seeing alternative better rated products, access to advanced statistics, or knowing which sites are the most trustworthy. We could also use our data and statistics to help platforms track fake reviews and give them advanced feedback on how to increase their trust score.

Personal : I have already used and learned about coding, and website creation, general design and I've always been good at maths

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Raja

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
90%
Dec 31, 2019
I want to say a lot but don't want to bring your morale down.

1. b2c in such a niche is not a good business model.
2. small market size.
I can keep going. It can work, Just I don't see it happening unless you do something radically different to get money in your pocket.

I think a better approach is to make a plugin that incentivizes business to pay you, you need to give its users/consumers(not business) an equal incentive to help those businesses

Wendy-Russo

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Dec 16, 2020
I want to say a lot but don't want to bring your morale down.

1. b2c in such a niche is not a good business model.
2. small market size.
I can keep going. It can work, Just I don't see it happening unless you do something radically different to get money in your pocket.

I think a better approach is to make a plugin that incentivizes business to pay you, you need to give its users/consumers(not business) an equal incentive to help those businesses
Hey, first of all don't worry my ego won't explode haha

I'm not sure i understand the alternative you propose, but my english sucks so i'll re read it again until i get it

Thanks for the feedback, i'm making a big spreadsheet of ideas and i'll add it there so i don't make the same mistake again :)

Raja

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
90%
Dec 31, 2019
Hey, first of all don't worry my ego won't explode haha

I'm not sure i understand the alternative you propose, but my english sucks so i'll re read it again until i get it

Thanks for the feedback, i'm making a big spreadsheet of ideas and i'll add it there so i don't make the same mistake again :)
I suggest you build something for businesses, like incentivizing people to sign up, give them coupons something of nature which will help businesses with more sales.

maikooo

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
84%
Dec 7, 2018
Thanks for sharing - I think it's a good idea, however, I see potential issues with monetizing (unless your idea is non-profit or you just want to code it as something useful to you = you don't mind investing your time into this one).
  1. I don't see buyers paying for this, because I think, by now, anybody with an analytical mind who shops online has a "BS-review" filter and everybody else just doesn't go beyond 1-3 reviews bcs it's just too much information. And for the rest who are so diligent to do so and would be willing to pay you ... there may just not be enough of them
  2. You could develop a good AI algo which you could then sell to the online shops, but why would they care - they need the content of the reviews for SEO. They don't care they are necessarily fake. Unless somebody opens a big dispute, etc. etc.

Wendy-Russo

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Dec 16, 2020
I suggest you build something for businesses, like incentivizing people to sign up, give them coupons something of nature which will help businesses with more sales.
yeah but i'm not sure that really helps people ? i'll keep searching for ideas

Wendy-Russo

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Dec 16, 2020
Thanks for sharing - I think it's a good idea, however, I see potential issues with monetizing (unless your idea is non-profit or you just want to code it as something useful to you = you don't mind investing your time into this one).
  1. I don't see buyers paying for this, because I think, by now, anybody with an analytical mind who shops online has a "BS-review" filter and everybody else just doesn't go beyond 1-3 reviews bcs it's just too much information. And for the rest who are so diligent to do so and would be willing to pay you ... there may just not be enough of them
  2. You could develop a good AI algo which you could then sell to the online shops, but why would they care - they need the content of the reviews for SEO. They don't care they are necessarily fake. Unless somebody opens a big dispute, etc. etc.
yeah i think i agree, in hindsight i think my idea was more of an elaborate way to piss of amazon than an actual business haha

seraphine

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
176%
May 14, 2021
I think it's a good idea but you would have to differentiate yourself from something like Fakespot or ReviewMeta.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.