The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

RankMath SEO plugin for WooCommerce

Marketing, social media, advertising

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore
Does anyone have experience with RankMath SEO plugin with WooCommerce (and Elementor)?

My average RankMath score for my WooCommerce product pages is about 65 / 100.
Here's a screenshot of what each product page's score breakdown looks like: https://i.gyazo.com/2a44070f7f717e5a29861929cda58e6d.png

Does the score really matter though? Some of the suggestions RankMath made in the screenshot above seems impractical for product pages.

- "Consider using at least 600 words" would make my single product pages way too wordy and cluttered.
- "Link out to external resources" = why would I want to direct visitors on my product pages elsewhere lol

Are such SEO plugins really useful or just BS, and that it's better to focus on link building instead, since SEO seems to be all about backlinks now?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

ph0enix

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Apr 19, 2020
UK
Does the score really matter though? Some of the suggestions RankMath made in the screenshot above seems impractical for product pages.
Are such SEO plugins really useful or just BS, and that it's better to focus on link building instead, since SEO seems to be all about backlinks now?

As mentioned, SEO plugins can be used for general guidelines, not as step-by-step instructions to optimise a page for ranking.

SEO is not just about backlinks (although it can play a significant part, depending on the niche you're in). Before building any links, you need to make sure you have the right foundations. For example, start by targeting the right keyword(s); so you are in with a chance of ranking. Then create the right content and optimise the page for those keyword you're targeting. For an established site, you would also do a technical SEO audit, to make sure there are no site errors. Then, you would build links (assuming you have a chance of competing).

For an ecom site, one way of doing the above, is to create a type of sales funnel. First, target a low competition informational keyword, create the best piece of content of it's kind for it (e.g. an ultimate guide). Optimising this page using an SEO plugin may be useful. And you would build backlinks to this page (assuming competing pages have links too). This page would also link (internally) to a piece of Investigational Content (e.g. a review page) on your site, which would finally link to your Transactional Content (e.g. a product page).

In effect, you're creating a sales funnel (to drive visitors to your sales/product page):
Informational Content => Investigational Content => Transactional Content
[e.g. Ultimate Guide to Widgets => Widget X Review => Buy Widget X Product Page]

Above assumes you're willing to invest in content and links, of course.

Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.