The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

RankMath SEO plugin for WooCommerce

Remove ads while supporting the Unscripted philosophy...become an INSIDER.

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore
Does anyone have experience with RankMath SEO plugin with WooCommerce (and Elementor)?

My average RankMath score for my WooCommerce product pages is about 65 / 100.
Here's a screenshot of what each product page's score breakdown looks like: https://i.gyazo.com/2a44070f7f717e5a29861929cda58e6d.png

Does the score really matter though? Some of the suggestions RankMath made in the screenshot above seems impractical for product pages.

- "Consider using at least 600 words" would make my single product pages way too wordy and cluttered.
- "Link out to external resources" = why would I want to direct visitors on my product pages elsewhere lol

Are such SEO plugins really useful or just BS, and that it's better to focus on link building instead, since SEO seems to be all about backlinks now?

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

ph0enix

New Contributor
Apr 19, 2020
UK
Does the score really matter though? Some of the suggestions RankMath made in the screenshot above seems impractical for product pages.
Are such SEO plugins really useful or just BS, and that it's better to focus on link building instead, since SEO seems to be all about backlinks now?
As mentioned, SEO plugins can be used for general guidelines, not as step-by-step instructions to optimise a page for ranking.

SEO is not just about backlinks (although it can play a significant part, depending on the niche you're in). Before building any links, you need to make sure you have the right foundations. For example, start by targeting the right keyword(s); so you are in with a chance of ranking. Then create the right content and optimise the page for those keyword you're targeting. For an established site, you would also do a technical SEO audit, to make sure there are no site errors. Then, you would build links (assuming you have a chance of competing).

For an ecom site, one way of doing the above, is to create a type of sales funnel. First, target a low competition informational keyword, create the best piece of content of it's kind for it (e.g. an ultimate guide). Optimising this page using an SEO plugin may be useful. And you would build backlinks to this page (assuming competing pages have links too). This page would also link (internally) to a piece of Investigational Content (e.g. a review page) on your site, which would finally link to your Transactional Content (e.g. a product page).

In effect, you're creating a sales funnel (to drive visitors to your sales/product page):
Informational Content => Investigational Content => Transactional Content
[e.g. Ultimate Guide to Widgets => Widget X Review => Buy Widget X Product Page]

Above assumes you're willing to invest in content and links, of course.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE Fox's Web Design Guide: Earn $100K this year (Yes, 2020!) and Go Fastlane
How do I sell to a different country with an accent? And a foreign number. Cold e-mails don't...
MARKETPLACE Kill Bigger Incubator
Hey @Cruiser I just shot you a reply! Amazing product BTW!
MARKETPLACE Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
Well, we made it halfway through the year. Don't know what the rest'll bring, but it's gonna be...
FEATURED! Introducing... WEALTH EXPO$ED, A Short Story By MJ DeMarco
Not really a teaser but it does employ a fictional story, so that is similiar. This upcoming...
MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
Dropping a quick note in here to say... if you are on TFL, you are part of an elite group of...

Forum Sponsor

sponsor

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom