The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Random Chat, Thoughts, Posts, and/or Rants Thread

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
457%
Mar 15, 2018
My hometown Chilliwack is completely cut off both ways from the highway now. Lots of Abbotsford underwater.

BC has had a rough go this year. What's next?? Ice storms? Lol

I have a project in Chilliwack and we had pumps going non stop!
Merritt was evacuated entirely! It’s crazy.
Yet today, beautiful sunny weather- like nothing happened.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MA81

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
257%
Jan 22, 2013
Granted, I may change my opinion if they force me to take the third dose lol.

From France Will Require Booster Shot for Those 65 and Older

People over the age of 65 will now have to get a booster shot to remain eligible for a vaccine passport needed to gain access to restaurants, museums, long-distance trains and other public places. The new rule takes effect on Dec. 15.

They can and will revoke your "health passport" for not complying with future shots.

Once you make a deal with the devil, he always gets his due.

G

Guest-5ty5s4

From France Will Require Booster Shot for Those 65 and Older

They can and will revoke your "health passport" for not complying with future shots.

Once you make a deal with the devil, he always gets his due.
This, plus the governors of New York, California, and Michigan putting C-positive patients into nursing homes (leading to lots of deaths), reminds me of this:

D

Deleted74925

Just spent almost 5k€ on the new Macbook Pro :happy:
Spending $700 on an iphone 12 mini has been a great investment. I got this advice from a successful sales rep who has 5+ years in the industry cold calling.

Now I can text my friends without getting spammed by bot promotions on my personal phone and work from anywhere on my work phone. I can give my work phone to people when I meet them instead of just adding them on Linkedin like I used to. This feels more personal. And yes, I am going to expense this. The most time-consuming part was signing up for the business plan at the AT&T store because they needed a printed document from my LLC formation. I use this phone to manage my linkedin and instagram accounts, schedule appointments with Calendy, and take it with me to the gym to track workouts with my personal trainer. This is where my personal and business expenses are being blurred because I am NOT expensing my personal training.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

COVID has exposed the tyrants and the closet authoritarians that like to clothe themselves in "democracy" ... and surprise surprise, it's most of the world. As I've been saying for years, no human enlightenment has occurred in the last 30 years and your neighbor will do their genocidal bidding-- whether its denying you food, reporting you, or assisting you onto the box car onward to your reeducation camp.

Godwin's Law has been repealed and right now is still being used to discredit any such speculations.

In what country can you be denied food, the right to travel, and the right to speak freely? North Korea must be soiling its pants in pure joy and hilarity.

All because you refuse something that in the end is quite inconsequential.

You don't know that at all. It's actually quite presumptuous and highly speculative of you to make such a statement ... which is why we'll never agree on it.

There is not a lot of trust in pharma to begin with, but we should really trust them when they have blanket immunity from any damages the EUA VAX causes in the near, or distant future. And the VAX isn't not even a VAX in a traditional sense... funny how once again, culture has redefined terms to suit their agenda.

A VAX used to mean full and complete immunity.
Now it means, well, nothing.

splok

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
174%
Jul 20, 2012
if they force me to take the third dose
There's the rub, right? If you can be forced to take one, you can be forced to take as many as they want. If you can be forced to take this one, you can be forced to take the next one... "Just this once" is how all horrible things start.

SteveO

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
Jul 24, 2007
There's the rub, right? If you can be forced to take one, you can be forced to take as many as they want. If you can be forced to take this one, you can be forced to take the next one... "Just this once" is how all horrible things start.
Funny how those of us that choose to get it are made out to be suckers though. Freedom of choice for me. I don't care who doesn't get it and fully support that decision.

I also feel that all these governments requiring it suck. These kinds of decisions are not going to end well for them. I've not experienced this much distrust for their percieved authority in my lifetime.

G

Guest-5ty5s4

Funny how those of us that choose to get it are made out to be suckers though. Freedom of choice for me. I don't care who doesn't get it and fully support that decision.

I also feel that all these governments requiring it suck. These kinds of decisions are not going to end well for them. I've not experienced this much distrust for their percieved authority in my lifetime.
I fully support your choice SteveO and the decision made by my parents, grandparents etc. It is a personal choice.

Yes, I believe that is why they are doing all of this... never before have people been so aware of how manipulative these authorities are.

I might end up getting it but I will never change my opinion that there should be free choice

splok

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
174%
Jul 20, 2012

I certainly don't begrudge anyone their choice, and insofar as I can guess from the data that we've seen, it may still be a really good idea for those who are at risk. Of course, it's only a guess since, as you say, it's getting increasingly difficult to trust anything. At this point, I'm just assuming that destroying institutional confidence is the whole point.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas

You’re a good man SteveO. Screw other people’s expectations of you.

Timmy C

I Will Not Stop!
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
231%
Jun 12, 2018
Melbourne, Australia

Yeh I feel the same, people are authoritarians on both sides.

I had some family shove me to get the V down my throat also.

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
689%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
Okay so this will probably ruffle someone's feathers but I'm curious... Why keep struggling like that?

Good question.

It is a combination of a lot of stuff so I'll list them off.

1) I am not in a high-risk group.

I am in good shape, I don't drink or smoke, I train every day, and I am in my early 30s.
My health has always been really important to me.

So right of the gate - I just don't see much need at all.

2) I don't even see it as effective.

If it was 100% effective then maybe my first point wouldn't matter because "I would be doing my part".
But from what I have seen through the effectiveness is not that good and is getting worse all the time.

What was a solid promise of "one dose" is now up to 4 doses in some places. It feels like if I get on the train there is no telling where it stops - in 2025 would they be suggesting monthly doses?

Plus even if I did get it I don't see any data to suggest that I still won't spread it anyway, no matter how many shots I have.

3) I don't see it as risk-free

So even with points #1 and #2, I would still have considered it IF there were no serious side effects.
Again - I would try my best to do my part if it can help others... but only if it doesn't damage me.

I don't see that as the case though - from what I can tell it does come with serious risks.

- I have a close friend who got one dose and still isn't 100%. For months he was super ill.
- I see a lot of social media posts that are suppressed about serious negative side effects to get vac
- The news can't be trusted to report things as they are (more on that later)
- I see there has been a massive uptick in heart-related conditions.

The bottom line is it isn't risk-free, it is hard to get factual info, and I would basically have to roll the dice on my health.

4) Nothing else has been addressed

Let's say I still consider all of the above and felt like "hey - I will still do it to help society"

But what about:
- no government promotion of healthy living or lifestyle choices
- no effort to reduce obesity
- no promotion of things like zinc or Vit D
- no focus on getting people to work out more or be more active
- also add in making people wear masks and stay at home which only makes it more likely people get sick

It is very hard to roll the dice on my life "to help out" when I don't see any of the many obvious other factors being tackled at all. It's not like the vac is the one and only solution to help fix this issue.

If they will go to such extreme measurements to get people vac'd why not also come down hard on the Fastfood industry or have free gym membership/health classes for people at risk etc?

No government has made any effort to help people make real lifestyle changes and/or improve their health.
This could have been a moment to really teach people about health and get everyone fit, active and eating well.

Instead, the approach has been to lock everything down and focus on insane rules and hoping Big Pharm bails us all out. I just can't get behind this mindset/approach - why do my part when the whole approach is BS?

5) No politician takes this serious in private

This adds to the last point but it's worth mentioning separately.

So many politicians have shown that once the cameras are off they don't care less about this nor see it as dangerous.

We have politicians partying on sweaty dance floors, going to and hosting huge events, having huge weddings, travelling all over, laughing it up etc.

But the second the cameras are back on they have their mask on telling you how you need to stay home, make huge sacrifices, and that kids have to wear masks for 8 hours straight at school after being isolated for a year.

Screenshot 2021-11-17 at 08.02.33.png

6) I like having the right to control my own body

"Section 10(2) of the Human Rights Act specifically prohibits involuntary medical or scientific
experimentation – a prohibition which stems from Nazi experimentation in the Second World War, but
remains relevant today.

However, the protection is broader than medical or scientific experimentation. Section 10(2) provides that
no medical treatment can be administered on a person without that person’s free and informed consent."

I guess everyone has to draw a line where enough is enough. Keeping my basic human rights is mine.

Look at taxes, personal privacy, the right to express your own opinions freely etc. All of these (and a lot more) are only heading in one direction - more rules, restrictions and government interference.

Now what's up for play is the government to decide what experimental drugs get to go in your body several times a year.

F that.

At what point do you decide "nah I am not going with this?"

- When you are on dose number 9?
- When your non-vac neighbours can't make a living or travel freely? (pretty much there already)
- When the government decides in 2024 that the next big crisis also requires some new drug so now you got to get that also?

I see this as one big "boiling the frog" experiment.

Right now we are at:
"These people can't pump gas" (Slovenia)
"These other people can't leave the house" (Austria)
"These people have to go to a government camp" (Australia)
"These people can't leave the country" (Canada).

We also have many places requiring your papers or a QR code so they can track everything.

This is 2 years into this with no science to back up any of these crazy rules.

To me it seems like the water is close to boiling but I guess everyone has to decide for themselves.

"I'm just wondering if it's really worth wasting your life like that when the solution is so easy and fast."

The only thing that seems easy is giving up my basic rights.

Gibraltar is one example of many where easy wasn't really that easy.

Screenshot 2021-11-17 at 08.46.35.png

99.9% Vac yet...
Screenshot 2021-11-17 at 08.50.33.png

"Health Minister, the Hon Samantha Sacramento, described the increase in case numbers as "drastic", encouraging people to come forward to receive their booster vaccine.

The government has advised members of the public to wear masks, avoid large gatherings and maintain social distancing.

The vaxxination programme for 12 to 15-year-olds and the booster vaxxination programme are now underway, and Gibraltar received 4680 more doses this week.

Everyone who is eligible for a vaccine or a booster is strongly encouraged to take up the offer when they are called."

---

To me "easy" is the carrot to get me to sign over another basic human right I won't ever be getting back.

Look I don't judge anyone who has gotten this shot. For a lot of people, it was the right move.

But I am pro-freedom.

No government has the right to force this on you - that is a freedom we all enjoy because millions of people paid for it with their lives.

I just don't plan on giving that up - no matter how hard it gets.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
@Fox, super solid response. Thanks for taking the time to write this. I agree with most of what you said.

I guess I still hope that things won't escalate much further and that may be the biggest difference in our attitudes.

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA

Actionfaker

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
256%
Jul 12, 2020
NL
Good question.

It is a combination of a lot of stuff so I'll list them off.

1) I am not in a high-risk group.

I am in good shape, I don't drink or smoke, I train every day, and I am in my early 30s.
My health has always been really important to me.

So right of the gate - I just don't see much need at all.

2) I don't even see it as effective.

If it was 100% effective then maybe my first point wouldn't matter because "I would be doing my part".
But from what I have seen through the effectiveness is not that good and is getting worse all the time.

What was a solid promise of "one dose" is now up to 4 doses in some places. It feels like if I get on the train there is no telling where it stops - in 2025 would they be suggesting monthly doses?

Plus even if I did get it I don't see any data to suggest that I still won't spread it anyway, no matter how many shots I have.

3) I don't see it as risk-free

So even with points #1 and #2, I would still have considered it IF there were no serious side effects.
Again - I would try my best to do my part if it can help others... but it doesn't damage me.

I don't see that as the case though - from what I can tell it does come with serious risks.

- I have a close friend who got one dose and still isn't 100%. For months he was super ill.
- I see a lot of social media posts that are suppressed about serious negative side effects to get vac
- The news can't be trusted to report things as they are (more on that later)
- I see there has been a massive uptick in heart-related conditions.

The bottom line is it isn't risk-free, it is hard to get factual info, and I would basically have to roll the dice on my health.

4) Nothing else has been addressed

Let's say I still consider all of the above and felt like "hey - I will still do it to help society"

But what about:
- no government promotion of healthy living or lifestyle choices
- no effort to reduce obesity
- no promotion of things like zinc or Vit D
- no focus on getting people to work out more or be more active
- also add in making people wear masks and stay at home which only makes it more likely people get sick

It is very hard to roll the dice on my life "to help out" when I don't see any of the many obvious other factors being tackled at all. It's not like the vac is the one and only solution to help fix this issue.

If they will go to such extreme measurements to get people vac'd why not also come down hard on the Fastfood industry or have free gym membership/health classes for people at risk etc?

No government has made any effort to help people make real lifestyle changes and/or improve their health.
This could have been a moment to really teach people about health and get everyone fit, active and eating well.

Instead, the approach has been to lock everything down and focus on insane rules and hoping Big Pharm bails us all out. I just can't get behind this mindset/approach - why do my part when the whole approach is BS?

5) No politician takes this serious in private

This adds to the last point but it's worth mentioning separately.

So many politicians have shown that once the cameras are off they don't care less about this nor see it as dangerous.

We have politicians partying on sweaty dance floors, going to and hosting huge events, having huge weddings, travelling all over, laughing it up etc.

But the second the cameras are back on they have their mask on telling you how you need to stay home, make huge sacrifices, and that kids have to wear masks for 8 hours straight at school after being isolated for a year.

View attachment 40776

6) I like having the right to control my own body

"Section 10(2) of the Human Rights Act specifically prohibits involuntary medical or scientific
experimentation – a prohibition which stems from Nazi experimentation in the Second World War, but
remains relevant today.

However, the protection is broader than medical or scientific experimentation. Section 10(2) provides that
no medical treatment can be administered on a person without that person’s free and informed consent."

I guess everyone has to draw a line where enough is enough. Keeping my basic human rights is mine.

Look at taxes, personal privacy, the right to express your own opinions freely etc. All of these (and a lot more) are only heading in one direction - more rules, restrictions and government interference.

Now what's up for play is the government to decide what experimental drugs get to go in your body several times a year.

F that.

At what point do you decide "nah I am not going with this?"

- When you are on dose number 9?
- When your none vac neighbours can't make a living or travel freely? (pretty much there already)
- When the government decides in 2024 that the next big crisis also requires some new drug so now you got to get that also?

I see this as one big "boiling the frog" experiment.

Right now we are at:
"These people can't pump gas" (Slovenia)
"These other people can't leave the house" (Austria)
"These people have to go to a government camp" (Australia)
"These people can't leave the country" (Canada).

We also have many places requiring your papers or a QR code so they can track everything.

This is 2 years into this with no science to back up any of these crazy rules.

To me it seems like the water is close to boiling but I guess everyone has to decide for themselves.

The only thing that seems easy is giving up my basic rights.

Gibraltar is one example of many where easy wasn't really that easy.

View attachment 40780

99.9% Vac yet...
View attachment 40781

"Health Minister, the Hon Samantha Sacramento, described the increase in case numbers as "drastic", encouraging people to come forward to receive their booster VAXClNE.

The government has advised members of the public to wear masks, avoid large gatherings and maintain social distancing.

The vaxxination programme for 12 to 15-year-olds and the booster vaxxination programme are now underway, and Gibraltar received 4680 more doses this week.

Everyone who is eligible for a VAXClNE or a booster is strongly encouraged to take up the offer when they are called."

---

To me "easy" is the carrot to get me to sign over another basic human right I won't ever be getting back.

Look I don't judge anyone who has gotten this shot. For a lot of people, it was the right move.

But I am pro-freedom.

No government has the right to force this on you - that is a freedom we all enjoy because millions of people paid for it with their lives.

I just don't plan on giving that up - no matter how hard it gets.
Wow, such a great post, thank you for taking the time to write that. And, as long as it was, I think it's only the tip of the iceberg in terms of reasons you could give. I think it's absolutely insane we even need to be having this discussion in 2021.

Personally, I went from most likely gonna get the vax to not sure, to most likely not (combination of some of the things you mentioned and other factors) and don't think it should matter to anyone else.

I get it's a tough spot for everyone, everyone has a different line and I don't judge anyone, but I personally think supporting this QR system is wrong. I don't think complying ourselves out of tyranny will be the solution, but it's very clear from @MTF 's post he cares about you, doesn't want you to suffer and I get the point that your individual actions won't make a difference and will just cause you to suffer.
I don't think suffering while standing for what's right is suffering in vain though, for me personally this QR shit is the line that should never have been crossed and (whether I get vaxed or not) I'll do whatever I can to never comply with it. I know some might be thinking 'where the hell have you been, we're about two years past the line' and to others it might seem petty or superficial, but I feel very strongly that I'm doing the right thing by saying NO to this.

Besides the moral aspects, just in case there's someone reading who still believes the government and 'health officials' give sound advice in this matter: right now here the rationale has changed too from ' the unvaxed will kill everyone' to 'we're not allowing them into any public places to protect them'. In other words, an 18 year old who had about a 1000x lower risk profile than a 70 year old, can't go anywhere anymore because it's too risky for them, while the 70 year old whose risk must now only be 100x higher than the 18 year old's (very generous here for vax efficacy probably, I know) can go to an event with a 1000 people, that will be grand. Also, if you've recovered from the virus, but no PCR test to show it was within the last 180 days, you won't be allowed in with your much stronger immunity. Most importantly, it's all about not putting too much pressure on our healthcare system, that's why the coalition that's pushing this down everyone's throat votes against investing in it every single time and voted AGAINST not using this shit to start a social credit system.

• nikita •

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
270%
Aug 24, 2017
London
This is where my personal and business expenses are being blurred because I am NOT expensing my personal training.
I class everything I buy as a business expense :D

Going down to town to meet up with friends? Well that Uber was clearly for a business meeting. Bought some nice clothes? Obviously because I need to look smart in an "interview".

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
376%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
I don't get it. Do men go around pinching women on the street?

I sneak up on my wife and smack her butt when we are in stores and stuff and she thinks I am somewhere else. But a stranger? Not on my life.

Mathuin

Provide Relative-Value or Die Trying
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
360%
Dec 20, 2020
Belfast, Northern Ireland

Well, looks like the vaccine passports are coming to me. Thankfully gyms are off the list for now.

The largest party, DUP, is threatening to use their veto against it.

One of the MLAs.
1637171642393.png

It is hilarious how the parties that have always claimed to support equality, individual freedom and human rights are the ones who are pushing for this whilst the "backwards and medieval" DUP are the ones supporting individual freedom.

G

Guest-5ty5s4

It is hilarious how the parties that have always claimed to support equality, individual freedom and human rights are the ones who are pushing for this whilst the "backwards and medieval" DUP are the ones supporting individual freedom.

They have [wrongfully] concluded that freedom is outdated.

In reality, freedom is the most progressive thing there is. Letting people live... it does not get more "liberal" than that.

In the USA, we've been doing this for so long that it is now called "conservative." The new age ones don't get it.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Last edited:

• nikita •

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
270%
Aug 24, 2017
London
If passes are introduced in England I'm using a relative's to get into places :D Unfortunately any relative that has my surname and has been jabbed with the mystery juice is over 30 years older than me.

I've heard in the Balkans you can get fake shots and they just spray it into the sink and give you your big boy pass.

G

Guest-5ty5s4

Private Witt

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
221%
Feb 20, 2018
Oklahoma
You survive 100% of your hardest days

I can confirm this, the other day I had 8 vendors bail on me within 8 hours for an event this Saturday and was in pure hell all day yesterday. Decided to shut doing business down early and binge watch Netflix last night and start over today and closed so many solid deals by noon that I forgot about yesterdays hard as chit day.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.