The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Random Chat, Thoughts, Posts, and/or Rants Thread

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
689%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
O great forum hivemind, I need travel advice.

Starting to really hate where I live.

Here's what I'm looking in order of priority. Basically a Unicorn:

- ZERO 'Ro restrictions (NO Masks, NO Vax Passes) and NO collective fear. I want to be left alone when I leave the house and forget C0VlD even exists. The people and government must respect people's freedom. This is my #1 Priority as I live in the USA-mainland equivalent of a deep blue state and the toll on my mental health has been immense.

- Warm, Open, Generally Happy & Humble People. People are pretentious in the city. English Speaking Preferable but not necessary.

- Coastal Town where It's Walkable, Good Bike Scene / Bike Trails, can SUP Paddleboard. I like historic/cobblestone vibe.

- Accessible easily by Airport (regional) preferred but optional.

- Car rental nearby too, for longer distance day trips.

- HOT to temperate climate. I live in the Caribbean and don't mind the sweat. But I've never experienced temperatures lower than 30 Fahrenheit.

- Cheap, I don't like paying >1k/mo in rent for a nice place in the city center. But optional.

- Potential long-term residency options if I like it enough (optional)

- Low to no tax for offshore sourced income (I'm in high ticket B2B sales - optional)

Any thoughts, O great Hivemind? @Fox @MTF

Maybe Panama. I have a buddy who just moved there and from what he said it ticks pretty much all those boxes.

If you want me to out you in touch with him shoot me a PM or WhatsApp.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Lex DeVille

Sweeping Shadows From Dreams
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
597%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah

I've been teaching my daughter the planets using visual cues, but until now, didn't have one for Earth. Usually, I quiz her about Earth by saying, "The planet we live on." Mercury is "The planet closest to the sun." Saturn is "The planet with the big ring around it. Mar is "the red planet" and so on.

This will make Earth much easier.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas

- ZERO 'Ro restrictions (NO Masks, NO Vax Passes) and NO collective fear. I want to be left alone when I leave the house and forget C0VlD even exists. The people and government must respect people's freedom. This is my #1 Priority as I live in the USA-mainland equivalent of a deep blue state and the toll on my mental health has been immense.

- Warm, Open, Generally Happy & Humble People. People are pretentious in the city. English Speaking Preferable but not necessary.

- Coastal Town where It's Walkable, Good Bike Scene / Bike Trails, can SUP Paddleboard. I like historic/cobblestone vibe.

- HOT to temperate climate. I live in the Caribbean and don't mind the sweat. But I've never experienced temperatures lower than 30 Fahrenheit.

- Cheap, I don't like paying >1k/mo in rent for a nice place in the city center. But optional.

- Low to no tax for offshore sourced income (I'm in high ticket B2B sales - optional)

I’m kind of sorry to hear that PR sucks so bad… It was always on my short list, but my escape plans have pretty much moved to Mexico. If need be.

All this said… South Padre Island, TX.

Galveston if you want better city/civilization access at the expense of nice beaches but more historic and cobblestone stuff.

I didn’t see taxes on there. My only gripe with Texas is that it is attached to America. No one gives a shit about Covid unless you go to a doctors office.

Last edited:
G

Guest-5ty5s4

It seems to me like you are describing Florida. Lol

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011

I'm afraid this one excludes pretty much the entire world, maybe except for some wild African countries that wouldn't fit other requirements and possibly to some extent Florida and Texas (though as far as I know you'll still meet a lot of crazies there and masks are unavoidable to see).

I have a feeling there may be less of that in the Balkans (Montenegro and Albania). They'll fit almost all the requirements except for a hot climate. But you'll still face some restrictions as everywhere else in the world.

I can give more general recommendations if I can ignore this requirement.

Maybe Panama. I have a buddy who just moved there and from what he said it ticks pretty much all those boxes.

If you want me to out you in touch with him shoot me a PM or WhatsApp.

Panama has had some of the world's most ridiculous restrictions like beaches only open a few hours a day, alphabet and gender-segregated shopping, driving ban, etc.

There's still curfew at night in some regions and bullshit like "Outdoor exercise and activities are permitted during mobility hours as long as they’re contactless and abiding to social distancing guidelines." (taken from C0VlD-19 Guidelines)

Perhaps it isn't enforced heavily but it's still there and there's no escaping it wherever you go.

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA
I'm sure that someone in this forum is considering quitting something important because of the stress of its difficulty, so I'd like to tell you the story of John Kennedy Toole.

John was born on December 17, 1937 in New Orleans, Louisiana, U.S. He served in the military and later became a professor at Dominican College. He was a favorite of the students, "with his classes regularly filling up well before official registration. His comedic performances during lectures remained especially popular among students." He used his free time to attend parties and write.

He wrote a satirical book and spent years trying to get it published. He spent years unsuccessfully trying to get the book published, which exacerbated his other personal troubles and led to him tragically taking his own life in 1969.

His mother found the book and spent over a decade trying to convince publisher's to print the work. She repeatedly contacted Walker Percy, an author and college instructor at Loyola University New Orleans, to demand for him to read it. Here are his words on the situation:

"...the lady was persistent, and it somehow came to pass that she stood in my office handing me the hefty manuscript. There was no getting out of it; only one hope remained—that I could read a few pages and that they would be bad enough for me, in good conscience, to read no farther. Usually I can do just that. Indeed the first paragraph often suffices. My only fear was that this one might not be bad enough, or might be just good enough, so that I would have to keep reading. In this case I read on. And on. First with the sinking feeling that it was not bad enough to quit, then with a prickle of interest, then a growing excitement, and finally an incredulity: surely it was not possible that it was so good."

Finally in 1980, A Confederacy of Dunces was published by LSU Press.

In 1981 it won the Pulitzer Prize.

Keep going - you don't know how close you might be to success. And if things get real bad, for F*ck's sake, please tell someone.

Homage to his mother - I can't imagine what it was live through your child's suicide, and I admire her dogged persistence in seeing to it that her son's efforts weren't in vain.

becks22

90% coffee, 10% everything else
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
271%
Jul 6, 2016
Upstate NY
The fact that some people think it's ok to ask you about your vaxxination status is repulsive. I'm sorry when did my medical information involve you? Who made you privy to that? Besides spouse/ signficant other, I don't think anyone has the right to randomly ask you. Not the barista or the store clerk and certainly not random 'friends'. It's sickening and it's a good way for me to cut you off completely. I'm just glad I am an adult now and not under the age of 18 where I'm not allowed to make my own medical decisions.

Raoul Duke

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
324%
Feb 26, 2016
The fact that some people think it's ok to ask you about your vaxxination status is repulsive. I'm sorry when did my medical information involve you? Who made you privy to that? Besides spouse/ signficant other, I don't think anyone has the right to randomly ask you. Not the barista or the store clerk and certainly not random 'friends'. It's sickening and it's a good way for me to cut you off completely. I'm just glad I am an adult now and not under the age of 18 where I'm not allowed to make my own medical decisions.

Don't leave us on a cliff hanger...

You got the $h0tz, right?

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
Yeah this seems to be the case for a brief period at least.

Mexico, Texas, Florida it is then.

As far as I know in Mexico there's crazy mask compliance. I'm pretty sure you'll see it way more often than in Texas or Florida.

Primeperiwinkle

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
320%
Nov 30, 2018
Y’all gotta read this guys book or check out his TED talk.

Ripples from the Zambezi by Ernesto Sirolli. It’s a book about a guy who went to cities in obscure middle-of-nowhere placesand turned them around.

He started in Australia but what he did worked in Minnesota and South Dakota and Canada too.

Here’s some direct quotes:

“if people don’t want to be helped [to build a business] leave them alone.”

“The person most capable of enlisting the support of others is the most likely to succeed.”

“I have never met anyone who could produce the product, market it, and manage the finances of the business. Plenty of people try to do it, many do it badly, but nobody I have ever met has been equally passionate and proficient in all three areas.”

“Being loved is not the highest need, however having self-respect is.”

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
457%
Mar 15, 2018

Doesn’t bother me one bit. People can ask me anything they want. I don’t have to answer. Relax, it’s not someone sending a probe up your a$$.
People need to start taking themselves a little less seriously and live a lighter life. We all will die. Soon. Some even sooner. Try little things not to bother you as much.

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
376%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
A friend just texted me. His house is up for rent, he say he is selling his car, and his wife is selling her business.

They have a 5 year old and a 3 year old and are leaving Canada for good due to how things are going here. Imagine that.

The direction things are going is that 5 year olds are going to need a vax soon, and then be mandated to have one to go to school. They see the writing on the wall and said enough is enough. "Best country in the world" lol. Keep on spewing that propaganda machine.

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
Soooo.... do you think this is where Zuckerman got the idea for his metaverse or from binge watching Ready Player One?
Maybe both?

SAO started as a comic in 2009 (turned into anime on TV in 2012), while Ready Player One popped up in 2018.

SAO still has spin-offs into other virtual game worlds running today...but the concept of VR has evolved in the series into CREATING actual living beings from virtual reality to physical (see SAO Alicization).

I dunno if Zuck would have the 3 keys to 'Easter Eggs' lying somewhere in his Metaverse. If he watched the movie, he'd better keep all the safeguards in a physical bunker haha.

AceVentures

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
405%
Apr 16, 2019
A friend just texted me. His house is up for rent, he say he is selling his car, and his wife is selling her business.

They have a 5 year old and a 3 year old and are leaving Canada for good due to how things are going here. Imagine that.

The direction things are going is that 5 year olds are going to need a vax soon, and then be mandated to have one to go to school. They see the writing on the wall and said enough is enough. "Best country in the world" lol. Keep on spewing that propaganda machine.

I was in Canada until august. There were helicopters flying over my place, cops driving people away from parks in their SUVs, and every store had a 70IQ sociopathic mask/handsanitizer enforcement agent at their doors.

I left before the vax passport came into effect. A month later, news broke that Canada would be effectively closing the border in on those that didn't get the vax. This was evident to me before they ever announced this when in December 2020 Trudeau was warning people not to fly to "sunny destinations" for Christmas. Lol ok people can fly to Norway no problem but if they want to go somewhere warm and nice like Mexico, they shouldn't? It was evident they were using what people desired most in the midst of Canadian winters to coerce citizens into taking the vax, and now they've gone balls to the wall Australia style.

A number of my friends have left too - a big group of them left everything but a backpack and went to Mexico. They're living free from covid bullshit but they're also coming to terms with the inferior systems and infrastructure.

I thought long about going to Mexico - but I've found Texas to be far superior choice in every way: you still have to deal with the federal government, but so far here in TX everything feels normal, and I have faith the state can shield us at least somewhat from federal mandates. There's still a number of idiots wearing masks in their cars, especially in Austin, but by in large people give 0 F*cks and everybody is free. For example I went to 6th street last night for Halloween and the entire area was partying. No masks, no mandates, people drinking and hugging and dancing.

This is a very bullish culture, the region is vast and rich with natural resources, and there is an overflowing source of talent especially in tech and crypto that is migrating here. Whereas Canadians get on their knees soon as the overlords command, here in TX people both old and young raise a big middle finger to Tyranny and do as they wish. It will be hard to coerce this massive culture of gun wielding Americans to bend to bullshit policy.

As they say here in TX, come and take it.

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
376%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
Canada's only appeal for me is that they have beautiful mountains that I like to mountain bike in, and my parents and a brother live here. My other brother and his kids live on the East coast of Canada so it might as well be a different country.

I used to be an avid target shooter. I haven't been to the range or a competition in 2 years thanks to the government making most of my firearms paperweights. That pisses me off.

I just had a chat with my wife, things are back on track for us taking off soon, with an unknown return date. I have my work cut out for me regarding my crypto mining operations, but I want to add another 2GH to my Ethereum hashrate and move a good chunk of what I have to a farm by mid November. Nothing like a fire under one's a$$ to get the move on!

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

They won't "come and take it" they will come and vote for it. And there's nothing you can do about it.

Dan the Man

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Mar 15, 2021
I was in Canada until august. There were helicopters flying over my place, cops driving people away from parks in their SUVs, and every store had a 70IQ sociopathic mask/handsanitizer enforcement agent at their doors.

I left before the vax passport came into effect. A month later, news broke that Canada would be effectively closing the border in on those that didn't get the vax. This was evident to me before they ever announced this when in December 2020 Trudeau was warning people not to fly to "sunny destinations" for Christmas. Lol ok people can fly to Norway no problem but if they want to go somewhere warm and nice like Mexico, they shouldn't? It was evident they were using what people desired most in the midst of Canadian winters to coerce citizens into taking the vax, and now they've gone balls to the wall Australia style.

A number of my friends have left too - a big group of them left everything but a backpack and went to Mexico. They're living free from C0VlD bullshit but they're also coming to terms with the inferior systems and infrastructure.

I thought long about going to Mexico - but I've found Texas to be far superior choice in every way: you still have to deal with the federal government, but so far here in TX everything feels normal, and I have faith the state can shield us at least somewhat from federal mandates. There's still a number of idiots wearing masks in their cars, especially in Austin, but by in large people give 0 f*cks and everybody is free. For example I went to 6th street last night for Halloween and the entire area was partying. No masks, no mandates, people drinking and hugging and dancing.

This is a very bullish culture, the region is vast and rich with natural resources, and there is an overflowing source of talent especially in tech and crypto that is migrating here. Whereas Canadians get on their knees soon as the overlords command, here in TX people both old and young raise a big middle finger to Tyranny and do as they wish. It will be hard to coerce this massive culture of gun wielding Americans to bend to bullshit policy.

I see I'm going to need to schedule a trip to Texas again. Thanks.

MA81

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
257%
Jan 22, 2013
They won't "come and take it" they will come and vote for it. And there's nothing you can do about it.

It's the same with all the guns and second amendment activists.

"Try messing with us and you better watch out!"

They locked you in your homes, forced you to wear masks, are about to inject your kids with the Wokepoke... and you haven't fired a single shot.

Why would someone come after your guns if they managed to pull off the last 18 months with no issues.

G

Guest-5ty5s4

It's the same with all the guns and second amendment activists.

"Try messing with us and you better watch out!"

They locked you in your homes, forced you to wear masks, are about to inject your kids with the Wokepoke... and you haven't fired a single shot.

Why would someone come after your guns if they managed to pull off the last 18 months with no issues.
Oh, the second amendment crowd has never done anything, have they?

How about Cliven Bundy? Doesn’t get more bad a$$ than a shoot off over a land dispute (federal land grab) that results in legal proceedings with him being found in the right.

Never mind gun owners shooting or stopping would be robbers, rapists, and murderers! Many of those don’t get the airtime they deserve, but will be reported well in local news.

I’m not saying one person should try to fight off an army, but having some firepower is certainly a bit of negotiating power.

MA81

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
257%
Jan 22, 2013
Oh, the second amendment crowd has never done anything, have they?

How about Cliven Bundy? Doesn’t get more bad a$$ than a shoot off over a land dispute (federal land grab) that results in legal proceedings with him being found in the right.

Never mind gun owners shooting or stopping would be robbers, rapists, and murderers! Many of those don’t get the airtime they deserve, but will be reported well in local news.

I’m not saying one person should try to fight off an army, but having some firepower is certainly a bit of negotiating power.

Did I mention anything about robbers, rapists, and murderers?

I'm talking about using weapons to not get fired from your job for refusing to get injected with some mysterious cocktail.

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA

MoneyDoc

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
273%
Jun 24, 2014

I live in Canada too and I agree - Canada is DEFINITELY not the "best country in the world". Besides what you mentioned, it's a money laundering haven. In my street, a family got busted for trafficking steroids and other controlled substances. Guess where their "operations warehouse" was? In the basement of their $9m+ mansion. Guess what they do to launder money? They build homes. Guess who had a Halloween party last night? This same family. Why? Cause they wiped off the charges like it was nothing. Guess who owns 4 other $9m+ mansions in the SAME street? That same family. Are the cops investigating? Nah. Vaccine mandates are more important. Lol.

The reason I'm pissed is because I'm constantly trying to get into development. How can I possibly outbid or compete against this said family? They likely don't even make a profit on their builds given how much they're paying for these old but large lots. They just need to launder the money. Does Trudeau care? Hell no. His pockets get filled.

This is Canada.

@Antifragile you must be noticing the same thing in Vancouver right? Isn’t there the capital of laundering through real estate?

Last edited:
G

Guest-5ty5s4

Did I mention anything about robbers, rapists, and murderers?

I'm talking about using weapons to not get fired from your job for refusing to get injected with some mysterious cocktail.
Maybe you should bring that up to somebody who said to do that then! Otherwise it’s a straw man :)

Quote me where I said you can use your guns to keep your job.

becks22

90% coffee, 10% everything else
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
271%
Jul 6, 2016
Upstate NY
I am not a Halloween person but I love handing out candy to trick-or-treaters. It's one of the reasons I like living in the burbs.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.