The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Random Chat, Thoughts, Posts, and/or Rants Thread

Mathuin

Provide Relative-Value or Die Trying
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
360%
Dec 20, 2020
Belfast, Northern Ireland

Mathuin

Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
360%
Dec 20, 2020

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA
A quick point (read: rant) on altruism using the TV show Friends.

For those unfamiliar, Friends is a retarded TV show that I was subjected to in college because my roommates girlfriend liked it.

There is an episode where one of the main characters tries to do something "purely altruistic", which is to say that she did something where she receives zero reward or even emotional satisfaction.

So what does she do? She calls into a random charity that she's never heard of and donates a few hundred dollars.

Here's the kicker: when she calls in, her close friend actually answers (which she doesn't realize until she sees it on TV later or something) and gets to announce the donation, which makes him happy.

She then ends up feeling bad because she couldn't call the act purely altruistic because she helped her friend.

This is F*cking retarded. Holy F*cking shit. The idea that there is something wrong with you because you feel good about helping people. ??????? I just can't fathom this line of thinking. It is a very healthy psychology to feel good about helping people.

Mathuin

Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
360%
Dec 20, 2020
A quick point (read: rant) on altruism using the TV show Friends.

For those unfamiliar, Friends is a retarded TV show that I was subjected to in college because my roommates girlfriend liked it.

There is an episode where one of the main characters tries to do something "purely altruistic", which is to say that she did something where she receives zero reward or even emotional satisfaction.

So what does she do? She calls into a random charity that she's never heard of and donates a few hundred dollars.

Here's the kicker: when she calls in, her close friend actually answers (which she doesn't realize until she sees it on TV later or something) and gets to announce the donation, which makes him happy.

She then ends up feeling bad because she couldn't call the act purely altruistic because she helped her friend.

This is f*cking retarded. Holy f*cking shit. The idea that there is something wrong with you because you feel good about helping people. ??????? I just can't fathom this line of thinking. It is a very healthy psychology to feel good about helping people.
Words cannot describe the hatred I have for that TV show.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas

Mathuin

Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
360%
Dec 20, 2020
The best insurance against inflation remains to produce everything yourself: your food, shelter, and energy.

And to invest in the four precious metals:

Gold, Silver, Guns and Bullets!!

Raoul Duke

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
324%
Feb 26, 2016
Are people this stupid?

hfumTf6.jpeg

Madame Peccato

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
311%
Jul 14, 2018
Morbegno, Italy
Yes.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
Are people this stupid?

People can be even more stupid.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/05/17/nyregion/vaxinated-masks-cdc.html?smtyp=cur&smid=tw-nytimes

Whenever Joe Glickman heads out for groceries, he places an N95 mask over his face and tugs a cloth mask on top of it. He then pulls on a pair of goggles.

He has used this safety protocol for the past 14 months. It did not change after he contracted the coronavirus last November. It didn’t budge when, earlier this month, he became fully vaxinated. And even though President Biden said on Thursday that fully vaxinated people do not have to wear a mask, Mr. Glickman said he planned to stay the course.

In fact, he said, he plans to do his grocery run double-masked and goggled for at least the next five years.

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA
Makes me want to become the new massive bread importer in Belfast, but the IRA will probably kill me… Aye.

@Kak, have you read The Sovereign Individual? It seems like a book that you'd enjoy. Essentially, the argument of the book is that technology will empower new elites to form new political bodies ranging in size from essentially homeowners associations to cities. Seems very libertarian.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
@Kak, have you read The Sovereign Individual? It seems like a book that you'd enjoy. Essentially, the argument of the book is that technology will empower new elites to form new political bodies ranging in size from essentially homeowners associations to cities. Seems very libertarian.
I have not read it, but people keep saying this. That I would love that book.

The last time I had multiple people say that to me, it was Atlas Shrugged.

Headed to Amazon now.

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA
I have not read it, but people keep saying this. That I would love that book.

The last time I had multiple people say that to me, it was Atlas Shrugged.

Headed to Amazon now.

The audible narration is good as well, which helps you sneak in time for that book while you're driving or cooking.

G

Guest-5ty5s4

This is kind of like Galt's Gulch, and honestly kind of like the founding of the colonies becoming the USA.

The truth is, even the most well-conceived organization will grow (if it lasts).

The real question is not "how do you build an organization that respects liberty and freedom" but rather "how do you keep it?"

We could start the greatest place in the world for all of these lofty values, but over time it will rot. It always happens. That's the real issue.

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA
We could start the greatest place in the world for all of these lofty values, but over time it will rot. It always happens. That's the real issue.

Nothing lasts forever - death and decay are built into human nature.

It's still worth doing something great even if it only lasts a short while.

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA
Well, I am alive today, not 100 years ago, and I am dealing with the USA as it is right now.

So, sitting around watching it decay isn't really an option.

You can't save the USA - it's too big of a problem.

You can, however, create a small network of great people and take over villages around the globe. Live a cool life under the radar.

Don't let the massive unsolvable problems prevent you from focusing on the serious impact that you can have at smaller scale.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
The audible narration is good as well, which helps you sneak in time for that book while you're driving or cooking.
I have been running and listening. That marathon isn’t going to train for itself.

Listening to a book called Alongside Night. It’s a novel that was written by one of the Mises people. It’s pretty “Atlas Shruggey.”

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Well, I am alive today, not 100 years ago, and I am dealing with the USA as it is right now.

So, sitting around watching it decay isn't really an option.

It is though. It’s the only option man. Watch from here or watch from somewhere else

We don’t have a politician problem. We can get the “right guys” in for 8 years at a time all we want… The true problem is that the majority of citizens love big government and want to steal from you.

We have a multi-generational people problem… When entitled government employees are the ones raising 95% of the kids in this country, there is no fixing this. I’m doing my best to bring education to the world via the radio show, there are others doing the same, but even a million of us are not going to overcome the 333 million idiots, raised, brainwashed, and smitten by the US government, wrapping themselves in the flag of their oppressor and calling it patriotism.

It needs to hit rock bottom. People need to suffer for their stupidity. People need to regain their dignity and personal responsibility. Government needs to be the one they blame.

They won’t blame government until we are Venezuela.

As someone who loves fireworks, it pains me to sit out of Independence Day this year. I’m done. We are celebrating our independence from a country that is markedly higher in economic freedom. America doesn’t deserve my celebration.

There isn’t a nationalist bone left in my body. I’m not proud that I was born on this piece of dirt vs another. I don’t care about this flag vs another, or any government’s flag for that matter. I don’t “back the blue.” I don’t care about “our” allies or enemies. They aren’t my allies and they aren’t my enemies. I just don’t care.

This country is akin to an apartment complex I chose over another. They’ve let their metaphorical pools go to shit. They’ve let the metaphorical roof leak. It is quickly becoming a worse value proposition than the other options in the world.

What do I get for being robbed of half of what I put into the world? The answer is, paychecks and resources to enable the people that will eventually take more.

Last edited:

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA
We have a multi-generational people problem

Bingo. One of the biggest issues with Americans is their time horizons. Too many Americans think in small time increments. Cicero was concerned with what people would think 600 years after him.

But there's hope. With the internet, you can literally meet people from any part of the world and hang out with them. You've never had a better opportunity in history to find exactly the right people who you'd want in your community. There's also the nice benefit that it's also one of the best times in history to get rich.

I'm eternally an optimist.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Bingo. One of the biggest issues with Americans is their time horizons. Too many Americans think in small time increments. Cicero was concerned with what people would think 600 years after him.

But there's hope. With the internet, you can literally meet people from any part of the world and hang out with them. You've never had a better opportunity in history to find exactly the right people who you'd want in your community. There's also the nice benefit that it's also one of the best times in history to get rich.

I'm eternally an optimist.
Optimistic on myself and people like me. Pessimistic as hell on the world around me.

Mathuin

Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
360%
Dec 20, 2020
Makes me want to become the new massive bread importer in Belfast, but the IRA will probably kill me… Aye.
I run this city. Me and the Boys will protect you... for a cut of the profits.

2021-05-19_21-21-46.png

Last edited:

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA

Mathuin

Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
360%
Dec 20, 2020
D

Deleted78083

We have a multi-generational people problem… When entitled government employees are the ones raising 95% of the kids in this country, there is no fixing this. I’m doing my best to bring education to the world via the radio show, there are others doing the same, but even a million of us are not going to overcome the 333 million idiots, raised, brainwashed, and smitten by the US government, wrapping themselves in the flag of their oppressor and calling it patriotism.

It needs to hit rock bottom. People need to suffer for their stupidity. People need to regain their dignity and personal responsibility. Government needs to be the one they blame.

You are right here.

But when you say that they won't blame the government before they become Venezuela, you are wrong, because they are already blaming the government, the very hand which feeds them.

I have tons of stories to illustrate that but i will not waste time writing them. Better focus on reading. The book I am summarizing now is Zero to One. I already read it, but did not remember it as being THAT good, probably one of the best business book of all time.

Summary coming soon.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.